HH Rulebook - rules updates discussion

Charlo

How do people feel about not-including the rules optional super-heavies? It's not been said outright that those rules are/aren't in the book but, since they highlighted fortifications and terrain that have been included I thought it would have been something to mention.

It's a very tough one that... Really half of the rules were pretty darn outdated anyway and only there to let some players use a cool model on their collection.

It would be great to include them but I'd imagine it's more than likely on their "List" to do a formal book or supplement with them all in maybe?

It's a very tough one that... Really half of the rules were pretty darn outdated anyway and only there to let some players use a cool model on their collection.

It would be great to include them but I'd imagine it's more than likely on their "List" to do a formal book or supplement with them all in maybe?

They have said, that Escalation and Stronghold will be in that book, have they not?

They have said, that Escalation and Stronghold will be in that book, have they not?

I thought it was only Stronghold Assualt that's has been added to the book.

Let’s see what happens with the pushback. I don’t think people who prefer to stay 7th have the right to exclude others with a different sentiment from expressing their views.

Absolutely, but it seems the majority prefers stay in 7th. If GW will change the edition in HH probably everyone will adapt, but if the community still prefer 7th probably GW will maintain current edition

Garro also said:

No rules have changed past the FAQs. All core rulebook stuff is in there, so of course, basic super heavy rules are in.
The rules for including non-heresy SH are still there, but you need to source your own rules.

Garro also said:

No rules have changed past the FAQs. All core rulebook stuff is in there, so of course, basic super heavy rules are in.

The rules for including non-heresy SH are still there, but you need to source your own rules.

Except for Invisibility and multi-bombing (at least)... 

What Garro is writing contradicts what the designer said on the stream. There are changes, but yes they are really minor ones.

Thing is:

What small and what big changes are depends highly on who you ask. Just think about the grenades thing. Some players may think that it isn't a big deal but others like me think it is a game changer.

At least for some units. ;)

We'll see but damn I don't want to wait anymore.

I see HH as Dead now with the decision. I will buy Dorn to paint.

Why, what have you expected?

It was chrystal clear that they won't change anything which would force them to re-write the other red books, wasn't it?

As far as I know the fuss was all about having less work not more.

Can there not be an 8th edition thread or subforum somewhere? I came to this board as it was the busiest one I'd seen around but it's just full of the boo hoo's cause heresy is staying in 7th for the time being.

They said that like six months ago, there's a fan made 8th ruleset, I can't fathom why this is still a shock to some people. 

Play the 8th version and enjoy a friendly welcoming subforum with fellow 8th edition Heresy fans and let those who want to play it as Forge World intend just get on with it.

Given what Chapter Approved is going to do to Horus Heresy superheavy point costs, I wouldn't necessarily say seventh/Horus Heresy first ed is dead. The chapter approved points change will force the fan made 8th ed team to decide whether they ignore all updates to points made by GW, ignore some updates to points made by GW, or adopt all updates to points made by GW. The last will annoy superheavy fans and the first will annoy people looking for balance and looking for a fandex grounded in GW's points. The second is the best option for keeping both groups happy, except for the question of where to draw the line: keep all points for FW superheavies static while other units change? There will inevitably be some disagreement over this issue.

But, more than anything, I just can't wait for the rulebook and hope it brings a bit more life to my local scene. Horus Heresy 1st ed!

I hope this gives them some time to include more stuff and further fine-tune the ruleset.

With half their crew cut and the only issue with the release being a production quality issue ... I think its unlikely they will add or even edit anything

Archived