HH Rulebook - rules updates discussion

Charlo

RAW - the faq doesn't count. That's a fact because it is for a totally different book.

Your group are not playing it "the right way", you are playing it your way - which I want to add is totally fine.

But you can't pick rules that suite you and say it's fact they should be that way

NEW FAQ SPOTTED!

Singles knights are a LoW again.

Sniper doesn't work on Blasts or Templates

Shell shocked removed from Frag Quads

Graviton Imploders are staying as each model hit needs to roll equal to or below S to not be wounded, but they've now also got the 3D6 for armour penetration rule that the leviathan grav weapon has.

Combi Volkite and Grenades intended to be multi-use

Vehciles can fire ordnance on the move, but if vehicle fires an ordinance weapon all other weapons are snap shots

Now I was going to put a full squad of combi plasma seekers and combi melta vets together. With all these  changes should I switch to combi volkites instead???

Considering seekers are more likely an assassination type squad eh? (kill something high value with plasma or melta, then try not to die afterwards) Or would I be using them incorrectly (never used them, in fact never played a HH game yet)

Now I was going to put a full squad of combi plasma seekers and combi melta vets together. With all these  changes should I switch to combi volkites instead???

Now I am wondering how Sniper would interact with Deflagrate. Sounds interesting. I guess we'd have to keep track of any that became AP2 that become unsaved as their own pool? Could be good. 

(

If that is how your group wants to play that is great but don't act like it is THE right way. You have stated your reason why you want it so - transparent .

Of course.

That's the nice thing about a game.

If you don't like a rule you can change it.

I guess every group has some kind of houserules or gentlemens agreement of their own and all of them are totally acceptable.

At least until the Forgeworld Rule Enforcement Agency bangs in your door. ;)

House rules are great. And everybody does it, just sometimes they don’t realize it. :)

Now I was going to put a full squad of combi plasma seekers and combi melta vets together. With all these changes should I switch to combi volkites instead???

Considering seekers are more likely an assassination type squad eh? (kill something high value with plasma or melta, then try not to die afterwards) Or would I be using them incorrectly (never used them, in fact never played a HH game yet)

Yupp. They're assassins basically and I play them just like you intend to. Six dudes with Combi-plasma in a Dreadclaw commiting a hate crime.

@Black Orange. Sure is. Really good FAQ and UH YEAH I was right.

Sniper ist not a typo. :)

Now I was going to put a full squad of combi plasma seekers and combi melta vets together. With all these changes should I switch to combi volkites instead???

Yupp. They're assassins basically and I play them just like you intend to. Six dudes with Combi-plasma in a Dreadclaw commiting a hate crime.

@Black Orange. Sure is. Really good FAQ and UH YEAH I was right.

Sniper ist not a typo. :smile.:

Really, I have 10.. I was planning on another 10 for fun, they could proxy as combi vets too (maybe, need to check if that is legal). Until this volkite thing... I was toying between melta or plasma. I need to look at the grenade rules... How far can you launch a grenade and do you get krak... Could start pelting light tanks with krak grenades and blowing them up for fun :D

Well, if combi-volkites with unlimited shots are a thing for veterans, I might just use volkite chargers or calivers (depending on the profile) as proxies, and make them be terran veterans back when volkite was the standard weapon. My plan was initially just using special supoort squads, but if I can give them the veteran profile all the better :D .

Ok, I always seem to have issues with this - but where is the FAQ for the new rule book please? Can't find it on FW's site.

Good news though - I received my FW Rulebook with reference sheets, some light reading ahead!

It's not on there yet. It's a piece of paper floating around the open day.

I'm going to put my final FW order to flesh out my 3000 point Death Guard army this week. I'm I correct that I need both the new Age of Darkness rulebook and the Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List? Or do I only need the new AoD book?

I'm going to put my final FW order to flesh out my 3000 point Death Guard army this week. I'm I correct that I need both the new Age of Darkness rulebook and the Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List? Or do I only need the new AoD book?

You need:

• New Rulebook - Contains the base rules
  • Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List - Army list for all generic units + Rites of War etc
  • Age of Darkness Legions - Unique units, characters, primarchs & rules for all legions (except BA/ DA/ WS/ SW/ 1KS)

Archived