HH Rulebook - rules updates discussion

Charlo

made to delay the rulebook in order to make sure it meets the exacting standards you expect from all Forge World products.

I'm assuming it didn't have the requisite number of mistakes, so they had to pull it in order to insert a few proofreading errors

made to delay the rulebook in order to make sure it meets the exacting standards you expect from all Forge World products.

I'm assuming it didn't have the requisite number of mistakes, so they had to pull it in order to insert a few proofreading errors
Or very mention of "Age of Darkness" reads "Age of Sigmar"

Strike that; on an FB feed Andy Hoare said it was a print quality issue so it's all getting reprinted

"Thanks for your patience. In the meantime, please enjoy this complimentary wallpaper featuring the epic events of the Battle of Prospero:"

Lol this made me laugh.

Perhaps they actually read the forum, saw that we wanted more and decided to give it to us. 
I hope this is the case. 

"Thanks for your patience. In the meantime, please enjoy this complimentary wallpaper featuring the epic events of the Battle of Prospero:"[/size]

Lol this made me laugh.[/size]

Perhaps they actually read the forum, saw that we wanted more and decided to give it to us.

I hope this is the case.

And here I was, hoping that the epic events were the ones with tourists wandering around.

Shame about the delay.

So it's 40£ for just two adjustments with invisibility and multi bombing? Couldn't have just given us, ya know, an errata?

You can likely pick up a 7th ed rules book if you don't have one for a song and a dance. I'm still not picking up any value from the book.

For those with more knowledge of the printing process / delivery timeline:

Assuming it was going up today for preorder of 2 weeks, would that imply that a stock of books had already been made and to correct the books, reprint them and have them redelivered would take...weeks? Months with the Christmas break?

For those with more knowledge of the printing process / delivery timeline:

Assuming it was going up today for preorder of 2 weeks, would that imply that a stock of books had already been made and to correct the books, reprint them and have them redelivered would take...weeks? Months with the Christmas break?

I think it was 6 weeks last time it came up, though that was for a black book rather than the red ones, which id suspect would take longer!

So it's 40£ for just two adjustments with invisibility and multi bombing? Couldn't have just given us, ya know, an errata?

You can likely pick up a 7th ed rules book if you don't have one for a song and a dance. I'm still not picking up any value from the book.

+ Stronghold Assault + whatever the daemons list looks like + HH Army Building rules + HH Missions etc

Can you buy the 7th ed rulebook from Gamesworkshop? It's out of print so no.

It's not a necessary product if you already have a 7th ed book, which is exactly what they said back in march when they unveiled it.

It is however a very handy consolidation of a lot of rules that many people will find useful.

+ Stronghold Assault + whatever the daemons list looks like + HH Army Building rules + HH Missions etc

It's not a necessary product if you already have a 7th ed book, which is exactly what they said back in march when they unveiled it.

It is however a very handy consolidation of a lot of rules that many people will find useful.

I thought daemons were going to be in the next BB?

They are indeed but there'll be a little demon list in the new core rules as well.

Like a teaser I guess.

They are indeed but there'll be a little demon list in the new core rules as well.

Like a teaser I guess.

To give you an outdated ruleset with your reprint of an outdated rulebook. All that in 6 months work.

Like a teaser I guess.

To give you an outdated ruleset with your reprint of an outdated rulebook. All that in 6 months work.

Why is it outdated?

Heresy is and will use 7th for the forseeable future. It's current,

Which is just fine and for my part a logical conclusion. In reality we played a different game for amlost two years now. We hadn't formations, bazillion psy powers or those meta detachments, plus different missions. And our rules where written with much more RPGish elements in it.

While 40k drifted more in the bigger, harder, LOUDER way of playing, HH went more in the narrative direction with all the scenarios and campaigns. 7th edition reflected that quiet well.

PLEASE!

Don't start an argument about wether we should get 8th or not. We all went through that and it leads nowhere.

Both systems have their fans which is nice but don't have a fight about it, or I'll start bore you small lads to death whith stories about second edition, they Cadillac of all Editions. ;)

Maybe they kept the pics from the 7th edition rulebook? I'm not entirely sure, but i recall some rulebook having the examples explained with marines vs. orks, so maybe they didn't bother to change them (although it would have been a nice touch to use appropiate pictures).

Archived