Cheeky Fenrisian Wolves question

Gemini

So Harald Deathwolf has 'Lord of the Wulfkin' which lets Fenrisian Wolves use his leadership value.

Fenrisian Wolves (IF they have enough models in the unit) have the ability to add 1 (or 2) to their leadership value.

Do these stack possibly giving a BIG blob of Fenrisian Wolves running close to Harald a LD 11?

I don't know for sure about 8th (don't have my book with me and haven't thought to check it up to now), but in 7th if you had two modifiers to a characteristic, and one modifier added while the other modifier set a new value, the one that set a new value overwrote the one that added.

Might be worth taking a quick look through the rules to make sure that's still the case or not.

I would think that they would stack

EDIT: scratch that. the rule states that you're not using the fenrisian wolves Ld, but Haralds, so you're testing the moral against Harald and not the fenrisian wolves

Edited by Fang_Guard23

Harald isn't going to take wounds if the Fenrisian Wolves fail the check. You're not rolling a morale check for Harald, you're rolling for the Fenrisian Wolves and then adding 1 or 2 "to this units leadership" per the rule. 

It might be Harald's leadership number but it's still the unit of Fenrisian Wolves making the test and the rule buffs their value.

I'm not going to add any more to this but thought it looked like an interesting situation. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think they stack. Haralds rule allows them to use his leadership. Their leadership is now 9. Their rule allows them to add to the unit’s leadership which would be at a 9 if within the 6” bubble.

The wording is to test against Haralds leadership, they don't get to use his leadership.

TBH, a blanket clarification on order of resolution of replacement values and modifiers would be very helpful. If the fen wolves received a penalty to their leadership (e.g. a psychic effect), would you have he option to replace the now reduced score with Harold's, since his leadership wasn't affected, or do you apply the penalty after the replacement? The order of operation should be consistent, regardless of bonuses and/or penalties.

TBH, a blanket clarification on order of resolution of replacement values and modifiers would be very helpful. If the fen wolves received a penalty to their leadership (e.g. a psychic effect), would you have he option to replace the now reduced score with Harold's, since his leadership wasn't affected, or do you apply the penalty after the replacement? The order of operation should be consistent, regardless of bonuses and/or penalties.

It would be consistent in my opinion. If their leadership was reduced they would still use his leadership instead of their own.

“...within 6” in the Morale phase can use Harald Deathwolf’s leadership instead of their own.” It literally says you can use his leadership.

Instead of their own. Comsidering the Fenrisian Wolves rules say add to the units leadership it's pretty clear they can't stack as they aren't using their own leadership.

The unit would use the leadership of 9 if within the bubble.

Use doesn't mean replaces though. Their leadership isn't changed to 9 by being within 6" of Haralds, they can simply use his leadership.

Pack Mentality increases their leadership, they aren't using their leadership if they are within 6" of Harald as they are using his instead.