Abaddon the Despoiler, Warmaster of Chaos! (Custom Project)

AfroCampbell

I have loved reading ADB's novels on the early exploits of Abaddon, and have absolutely loved some of the art out there about the warmaster, however the model that GW currently produces whilst beautiful, is exceptionally dated.

Therefore I began a project of remodeling and updating the warmaster and this is what I developed.

How to: 

The torso is from the FW Justaerin Cataphractii kit with a skull from the GK termie kit on the front greenstuffed onto chaos terminator lord legs 

the head is a space marine terminator sergeant with a greenstuffed ork topknot fused with a chaos space marine topknot

the talon of horus is a cataphractii talon with 2x phobos bolters cut into a deep groove of the talon, with an ammunition hopper from the GK termie kit and an empty ammo belt from the chaos space marine bolters chopped off

the sword (Drach'nyen) is still work in progress as is the base and the paintjob, I specifically wanted that orange evil underglow effect around the face which I have airbrushed under (hopefully to good effect).

Yes the bolters still need to be drilled out on the Talon. 

I will be posting updates as I go.

C+C welcome! 

IMG 9856

Edited by AfroCampbell

Would you consider the paintjob finished so far? Since I think the metal parts could use some highlighting.

nope, its just basecoats on the metal, currently its just Brass Scorpion, but there will be Gehenna Gold and a wash etc to go over that

very much WORK IN PROGRESS at the moment :D 

Great kitbash. I would know who that was without you telling me, which is the key to any project like this I feel.

I had thought about building my own as well, but I didn't have nearly enough good bits for it.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

I had none of the bitz to start with, it all came down to a lot of ebay hunting. 

the next layer of gold has gone on as well as a few wee clean ups of details. 

still WIP very much, but hopefully some progress coming soon.

Nice work, I have a similar Abaddon myself. I truly do love the original miniature (I think its dated really well in my opinion) but his stature compared to even regular Chaos Terminators is a little slight!

Keep us updated!

For the Warmaster!

BCC

• 2 weeks later...

23558134 10213729756133681 2086826331 O

23546891 10213729756093680 196210256 O

A wee bit of an update for you guys that are interested, been working on the base for the last wee while:

I wanted to do a base that had some symbolism to Abaddon, that in some way added to the model in a characteristic way, so I thought that the addition of him standing atop a fallen Aquila statue was a very fitting basing idea. 

Very close to finishing the actual model now, just having a re-jig of the Drach'nyen and left arm and then will finish him off. 

Edit: to note, the crappy photos on my phone wash out the sandstone detail and oxide on the copper a bit, better pix coming

Edited by AfroCampbell