Digital wolf stepping through the warp onto the TT

TiguriusX

I think if the neck was worked on a bit it would look more natural. Right now it looks a little like the inquisitor is borrowing someone else's armor

The original model has a thick collar ring. I should be able to fill out the female head with green stuff

gallery_49686_16563_166636.jpg

gallery_49686_16563_127703.jpg

Ok live blogging this kitbash here!

I wanted to pause and reflect on the size of a terminator fist next to a human skull....geez

gallery_49686_16563_22040.jpg

Ok back to work

Here are the heads...green stuff applied

gallery_49686_16563_67852.jpg

And here is a rough fit with the new thicker neck piece

gallery_49686_16563_218216.jpggallery_49686_16563_219071.jpg

Contrast with skinny neck

Edited by TiguriusX

Ok I like the changes...head looks to be in proportion with the rest of the model

I rough fit the head and it looks good from all angles

gallery_49686_16563_110916.jpg

gallery_49686_16563_82024.jpggallery_49686_16563_65752.jpg

This is my first REAL green stuff detail project. I slowly etch away at it every time I rotate and look again.

I dig how the new mock up looks against the overall model. I don't think it looks any different for having the more "masculine" base model as women in military won't be looking overly feminine given the fitness standards and that almost everything is made to fit men (nowadays anyway). So I think it looks bang on and a very good conversion

This model makes me laugh...I imagine this is a commercial for a new product line and the actor screws it up

gallery_49686_16563_645360.jpg

Actor: You have been TERMINATED

DIRECTOR: NO!!! NO!!! Cut scene! SAY ERADICATED!!!!

On a side note I hate gun arms that require the arms to meet up. This one wouldn't stick together so I jammed some green stuff to connect the hand and wrist

Next up on my pile of shame. JUDICIAR

Everyone has already seen pro conversions by this point.

My favorite is an executioner ax with a fenrisian wolf instead of the hour glass

med_gallery_49686_16563_21195.jpg

However...I have no fenrisian wolves and my pile of shame vow is in effect.

My budget version is using my goblin wolf with armor

gallery_49686_16563_210147.jpg

gallery_49686_16563_46361.jpg

I'm leaning towards #2 with the Eradicator head. The master artificer and his redmaw project has me wanting to paint that eradicator helmet in the redmaw style

And for other average joe hobby people...this is how I made the ax

gallery_49686_16563_258701.jpg

Chop off the original hand at the wrist

Get a wulfen ax...cut the head off the ax

Get another wulfen ax with the correct right hand at the bottom. Cut below the other hand near the head of the ax

Excellent work on the Judiciars.

I only made 1 judiciar

=)

The awesome painted one was my inspiration

The others were drafts in progress

I settled in the eradicator head and jumping wolf for the final model

I have a green stuff tail hardening right now

Reading tutorials on chain making for tomorrow morning. Need a chain leash around the wolf neck to complete the project

Morning prep has been all about the terminators and combi plasmas

Drilling and placing magnets

Pilot hole first then drill it out for the magnet...pilot hole was a tip someone gave me EARLY on that is so important when doing magnets

It is a nice flush fit when completed

gallery_49686_16563_313954.jpg

gallery_49686_16563_287392.jpg

gallery_49686_16563_366467.jpg

I put the new arms on my half completed terminators and I think everything looks good

I unfortunately do not have enough great wolf shoulder pads remaining (only had 10 from shapeways)

With my oath of no more spending I am going to see if I can remove my existing ones from the SB arms

Eventually I have to get around to painting...but assembled models are the bare minimum for tournaments here

If I were you, I would buy some fine jewellery chain. Much less hassle than making GS chain

Ooh that does look nice

What size is the right scale?

I see a $7 spool of 1.5mm wide

Also...does this violate my pile of shame oath?

With permission from the judges I picked up some fine jewelry chain on Amazon

1.5mm is the perfect scale

gallery_49686_16563_91457.jpg

gallery_49686_16563_141769.jpg

gallery_49686_16563_110282.jpg

gallery_49686_16563_67394.jpg

These are just loose fit to get a feel for what I want.

I actually want to try to make a harness instead of a collar (it is better for your pet!)

Blue stuff wasn't enough to keep the chain taut though...will have to just risk it with the final product when I glue it into place.

I am very happy with the model. It has the aspects I wanted to make it SW by changing to the executioner's ax and a wolf companion.

I am still debating whether I stick the hour glass on the base of his backpack or just leave it off completely

Next up I need to do it justice with some painting

Here is where I got the chain

Amazon purchase for $7.99

gallery_49686_16563_277060.jpg

I have 33 feet of chain...I am going to convert EVERYONE!!!

Will also be handing it out like candy at my FLGS when league games resume after this zombie apocalypse

I am in a part of CA where everything is on fire around me.

The air outside is thick with smoke...I cough like mad after taking the dog out to go pee.

Good news is I got some unexpected hobby time in since I literally can't leave the house.

After the judiciar ax I now have experience cutting weapons and combining them with other weapons

I returned to my old Wolf Priest and decided to replace the half-assed crosius I made him previously

med_gallery_49686_15551_44189.jpg

med_gallery_49686_16563_190748.jpg

I also finished up the eradicators with terminator heads

I love em...just need to paint them

gallery_49686_16563_739693.jpg

First batch I needed GS for every single hand/wrist connection

Second batch fit together perfectly

When I lined them up next to each other I see the shoulders didn't go on flush like the good batch

Go figure...

After losing all my terminator helmets I had to make sure I had enough in stock for the actual terminators

I am actually a few helmets short

Will be using some bare heads for the chainfist guys

Otherwise I am happy with how they turned out

I have my shapeways shoulder pads in the freezer right now. I hope I can separate them from the storm bolter arms and transfer to these combi plasma arms.

med_gallery_49686_16563_138887.jpg

Fire danger has passed for now and the smoke is finally gone.

I decided it was good conditions to get off my lazy butt and start the painting process.

I hate painting...it is absolutely my least favorite part of the hobby.

Step 1...PRIME

med_gallery_49686_16563_96306.jpg

The bad part about having arms magnetized is you end up needing to do lots of arms by themselves.

Stick em all on the board and do 1 mass spray prime

med_gallery_49686_16563_256522.jpg

My revised wolf priest looks much better than the lazy one I made before

med_gallery_49686_16563_190306.jpg

All the combi plasma arms are done. I have my barebones terminators ready to rock now

gallery_49686_16563_362331.jpg

This is my favorite photo from today...I love seeing the difference in scale among all 3 models

I always thought my cyberwolf model was "small" next to my marines but when I see it next to a human sized model I was surprised.

Bonus joke photo!!

gallery_49686_16563_15834.jpg

One of these models has been primed with Mechanicus Standard Grey

One of them is bare plastic

Can you identify which is which?

Future entries will get actual colors on

I think the judiciar will be up first...really want to do that one justice

Ever since Petey posted his redmaws project I have wanted to make this Judiciar with a black helmet and red faceplate

I have joked a couple of times that Mechanicus Standard Grey should be relabeled to "Sprue Grey" and no one would even notice...

Looking good on the stuff and glad the danger has passed!

Sounds like a nice idea to do the black helmet/red faceplate on the Judicar - looking forward to seeing the execution.

You prime grey, then spray a matte black on top?

For me it depends on how much time I have. If very limited, I will use the ratle cans, because setting up, using te airbrush, then cleaning and packing up is quite time intensive. Plus Vallejo primers are recommended 24 hours for full curing time (they can be used as quickly and rattle can primers, but for full hardness need to be left).

If I have a lot to do and several hours to noodle about then the airbrush is ace, as the wasted paint is minimal and vallejo primers are smooth as silk, so I can bulk prime, wash out the brush and then zenithal pre shade (medea com-art opaque white is the mutts nuts) and apply colour to a lot of models very quickly.

Yes Mech grey is an amazing colour, almost makes you feel deflated to do a ton of spraying then looks like you havent done anything.

Eradicator head looks great on Judiciar

Glad you are safe