Digital wolf stepping through the warp onto the TT

TiguriusX

Botched my glowing rune painting for the bikes.

I tried it both ways...painting recess first and painting around it. Painting around it first and recess last.

I simply can't paint the flat surface without paint going into the recess

To make matters worse I tried/failed it so many times the recess is filled with paint

For my final attempt I actually used my hobby knife to physically carve out the runes (which was insanely hard because so tiny)

Argggg

Debating whether to simply make it uniform blue and move on

med_gallery_49686_14551_150218.jpg

med_gallery_49686_14551_15536.jpg

Early attempt where I tried to do a very watery white at the end. I tried wiping it with my finger as shown in the youtube video but it smeared white all over instead of wiping away

med_gallery_49686_14551_35592.jpg

Cover up with my darkest blue

med_gallery_49686_14551_115453.jpg

How they look now (and the blue thunder hammer as well)

Went to a tournament and the batreps can be read here

Also finished my ETL vow!

Part 1/3 (Dreads)

med_gallery_49686_14551_190107.jpg

med_gallery_49686_14551_300301.jpg

Part 2/3 (WG Bikes)

med_gallery_49686_14551_86400.jpg

med_gallery_49686_14551_285168.jpg

I actually had to do post vow modelling correction on these guys

I cut and trimmed the flag pole from the seats and chopped and magnetized the pack leaders weapon arm

med_gallery_49686_14551_298099.jpg

med_gallery_49686_14551_53248.jpg

Those combi-flamers took forever!

Part 3/3 (Njal)

med_gallery_49686_14551_122649.jpg

med_gallery_49686_14551_80313.jpg

So after I attended the 2k point tournament I came to a realization

My KR bag is awesome to get my army from my house to the tournament safely

My KR bag absolutely sucks from a logistics point of view for getting my army from table to table for each game. It just makes no sense to put them back in their foam and then pull them out after changing tables.

I noticed all the veterans were using carrying trays and decided I would join them.

I'm a big fan of FLG and went with their new display board and mat (currently on sale!)

med_gallery_49686_13890_168911.jpg

Next time I attend a tournament I will pack this board as well. I unpack my KR bag onto the board and this is how I get around the room until everything is over

A while back I made some wolf guard but I wasn't really happy with them. The storm shields look too small IMO

med_gallery_49686_13890_144774.jpg

I finally got around to changing the models. I ripped off the arms and magnetized them all. Then I went and put in my custom breacher shields

med_gallery_49686_13890_199714.jpg

med_gallery_49686_13890_58455.jpg

I really like the size and scope of the new shields much better

Meanwhile I am running out of hobby supplies.

My 2nd can of black primer spray is officially empty and I used my last 1/16 x 1/32 magnet putting the new shield arms together

In fact I was so distracted using my final magnet I messed up and installed it in reverse in the arm I was using. I couldn't get it out safely and wanted to complete this project so I took my cutters to the arm to get the magnet back...

med_gallery_49686_13890_168222.jpg

Next time I am in the store I will pick up more primer and get the WG painted up next

Edited by TiguriusX

Magnets are a pain! Yep it’s fully magnetised. It’s all fully glued together as well. There are two magnets in there, somewhere. As has been my experience.

Your army is coming along great. Also great to hear you representing the Space Wolves so well on the tournament scene. Especially as you still have to use the index. Respect.

med_gallery_49686_13890_115190.jpg

Reinforcements have arrived!

I need to find some time to assemble a gallant before my knight detachment is ready for the tournament sat (no painting required at least)

Probably going to ebay the 2nd knight but haven't decided yet

The armigers are a well designed kit. Easy assembly and I like the twist and lock of the gun arms (no glue required).

I plan on putting the shapeways wolf heads and will experiment with LEDs as well for the big knight

Looks like a nice set up for reinforcement.

What about fibre optic instead of LED

I'm open to any hobby suggestions (links to tutorials if you have them...i am a visual learner)

never did any type of lighting. I'm pushing my comfort level with this project

My KR bag absolutely sucks from a logistics point of view for getting my army from table to table for each game. It just makes no sense to put them back in their foam and then pull them out after changing tables.

I noticed all the veterans were using carrying trays and decided I would join them.

I'm a big fan of FLG and went with their new display board and mat (currently on sale!)

Next time I attend a tournament I will pack this board as well. I unpack my KR bag onto the board and this is how I get around the room until everything is over

mr stompy approaches

mr stompy approaches

that is a blood angel dread i converted (and need to paint eventually).

he has a blue torso and red BA highlights.

one of my opponents at the tournament kept referring to it as Captain America (the shield kept stopping shots).

i think the name may stick

med_gallery_49686_13890_148632.jpgmed_gallery_49686_13890_95699.jpg

Edited by TiguriusX

med_gallery_49686_13890_58787.jpg

After 2 late nights of fast assembling I have my latest purchases available for tournament saturday woo hoo!! (thank goodness for no painting requirements)

-2 Armiger helverins

-1 Knight gallant

-2 3rd party vindicare assassins

I intentionally left armor plates and other pieces off for now. Will do them later when I paint (I read many tips saying assemble that way)

Goal is basically have them ready for the tournament.

med_gallery_49686_13890_48423.jpg

I did take some time to modify the gauntlet. The claws intended for Bjorn can be clipped to fit in the sockets. I think they look quite nice in there.

I also have the shapeways wolf heads incoming and an LED kit to experiment with

But first things first....tournament prep for saturday!

med_gallery_49686_13890_36988.jpg

Got my shapeways knight accessories

Just waiting on the LED kit now before I actually glue and then move on to painting. I actually took these to the tournament with a mix of glue and blue tack and they held up just fine

In the near future I should put all their armor panels and other "bling" on as well

Also decided on my next knightly house to test

I will give Mortan a spin

The tradition all my units gain will be WS+1 if we charge...were charged...or heroically intervene (hey why does that seem familiar hmmm)

This probably works better with warglaives instead of helverins but I need the ranged backfield. At most I will take 1 of each in future testing.

Mortan has a special stratagem (slayers of shadows) that has synergy with my helverins. 1 CP and I can ignore all modifiers (buffs and debuffs). Basically this lets me pick off flyers and eldar like alaitoc at my normal BS of 3. I can then spend 1 more CP for skyreaper on the same helverin to reroll all misses or I can use it on the other helverin to hedge my bets

I also predict I will need more grey hunters to get a battaltion for the new codex stratagems so the overall list will be changing

Codex musings

before ever seeing the new points here is a rough idea for me...i hope point adjustments are kind

+++ New codex SW (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [113 PL, 1989pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [60 PL, 1009pts] ++

+ HQ +

Njal Stormcaller in Runic Terminator Armour [9 PL, 153pts]: 1. Storm Caller, 2. Tempest's Wrath, 3. Jaws of the World Wolf

Wolf Guard Battle Leader [6 PL, 75pts]: Chainsword, Jump Packs, Power fist

Wolf Lord [6 PL, 108pts]: Jump Packs, Master-crafted boltgun, Power fist, Saga of the Warrior Born, Warlord

+ Troops +

Blood Claws [4 PL, 65pts]

. . 4x Blood Claw

. . Blood Claw Pack Leader: Chainsword

Grey Hunters [6 PL, 65pts]: Grey Hunter Pack Leader, 4x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol

Grey Hunters [6 PL, 65pts]: Grey Hunter Pack Leader, 4x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Long Fangs [7 PL, 170pts]

. . Long Fang: Lascannon

. . Long Fang Pack Leader: Boltgun and Bolt Pistol, Chainsword

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 308pts]: 2x Heavy flamer

. . Leviathan siege claw: Meltagun

. . Leviathan siege claw: Meltagun

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [38 PL, 715pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Exalted Court: Exalted Court: 1 Extra Warlord Trait (-1CP)

Heirlooms of the Household: Heirlooms of the Household: 1 Extra Heirloom (-1CP)

Household Choice: House Mortan, Questor Imperialis

+ Lord of War +

Armiger Helverins [9 PL, 174pts]

. . Armiger Helverin: Heavy stubber

Armiger Helverins [9 PL, 174pts]

. . Armiger Helverin: Heavy stubber

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 367pts]: Heirloom: Armour of the Sainted Ion, Meltagun, Reaper chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet, Warlord Trait: Ion Bulwark

. . Character: Exalted Court Member

++ Vanguard Detachment (Imperium - Officio Assassinorum) [15 PL, 265pts] ++

+ Elites +

Culexus Assassin [5 PL, 85pts]

Vindicare Assassin [5 PL, 90pts]

Vindicare Assassin [5 PL, 90pts]

11 CP in list -2 for gallant WL and relic

Start with 9 CP

SW Wolf lord is warlord and gets one of the sagas (probably warrior or beast slayer)

WGBL gets relic (likely armor of russ for a 4++ and enemy debuff in melee)

leviathan and gallant advance full speed turn 1 and have melta they can fire if in range

HQs move in tight formation protected by gallant and leviathan and use ruins where possible

LF and armigers try to crack open transports or i use CP to splash flyers (mortan and sw have an ignore modifiers stratagem)