Digital wolf stepping through the warp onto the TT

TiguriusX

I have gone to the dark side and am now WOLF SOUP...

These doctrines and new codex toys...they are just too much to pass up in the competitive scene.

I use white scars successors so I can have custom traits but use melee oriented stratagems

I also ally in a knight-crusader

The backbone of the list is still the dreadnought characters with Bjorn and a sprinkle of space wolves

Army details here

Just went through this whole thread, excellent conversions and painting! The army looks amazing!

Thank you very much for the compliment.

This forum has some master artisans

Fearpeteysodes-Read his build thread

Dantay VI-Read his build thread

I consider myself average joe and show my work so people know you don't have to be perfect.

One of my favorite pictures is one of my major screw ups. The giant owl eyes when I first learned how to paint heads has a place in my heart

gallery_49686_13890_1652.jpg

No more caffeine for that battle brother!!!

I do take pride when I get something right though.

I appreciate the kind words.

• 4 months later...

COVID-19 is a global reality. We are just on different steps of the same journey.

My house has been self quarantined since Wednesday March 11th.

On that day I saw the writing on the wall and pulled my kids from school and we have been minimizing contact. My son has a medical condition that impacts his immune and respiratory systems. We play it safe around him.

I think I developed a touch of cabin fever because what started as an attempt to support small local business a few days ago ended up as a 40k wild bender shopping spree

-psychic awakening Space Wolves

-white dwarf space wolves issue

-start collecting primaris space wolves

-2 invictor tactical warsuits

-war cry stormcast eternals (gonna convert these guys they look awesome...and 1 guy holding a bird will be an inquisitor coteaz proxy)

I am still working my normal job and now home school principal for my kids

With this added to my pile of life I think that should help keep me busy...

*and if you have seen me super crazy active on forums lately chiming in on every discussion now you know why lol

Edited by TiguriusX

Hang in there man. It’s great that you’ve started a lot of projects, as that should really keep you occupied. I think the whole world is likely to start doing everything from home that can be done from home.

Just give us updates on your progress. A lot of us are stuck at home too.

Not me. Healthcare worker here. And our hospital is shifting everyone over from whatever they were doing to being focused on treating COVID. So I’d like updates for a little escape from reality at the end of the day.

• 1 month later...

I am working on my first invictor warsuit and it is the worst freaking model I have ever assembled

Parts dont fit together and some of the instructions are actually wrong (leg piston doesn't work when glued in as instructed)

The worst of all parts are the leg assembly

It is driving me crazy...I am disassembling to go back a few steps to try and fix and rotate legs which are stuck making me look up at the sky.

They were freely rotating when I put them together...grrr

Here is my post mortem review of Invictor #1

gallery_49686_16340_69719.jpg

gallery_49686_16340_273413.jpg

Glue on the tip of the piston causes the piston to attach (duh) rather than slide freely in the slot

The legs also have a horrible fit. I think they were designed for free range attachment but it has a notch and pin I kept trying to line up

I also hate the cage assembly and fit.

But meh I can live with those issues...

What REALLY pissed me off was discovering the rotation of the legs was stuck.

I had tested and confirmed I could rotate before attaching the legs. What I did NOT do was put them in my final desired position yet.

After assembly I saw how bad the model was tilting and I tried removing all components to fix but I can't get to it without causing damage.

I made the decision to live with the funny pose rather than keep damaging what I have

gallery_49686_16340_126816.jpg

This looks ok....frontal view

gallery_49686_16340_101951.jpg

This looks stupid....my Invictor is permanently stuck looking up at the sky

Ok so I built Invictor #2 after learning from the mistakes.

MUCH better outcome

Cockpit cage fits better

Torso is normal and not bird watching

I did have some odd items crop up though.

The press fit pieces that worked just fine with Invictor #1 did NOT actually fit with Invictor #2

The fragstorm launcher on top does not fit snugly in the hole and falls out. I swapped back and forth with #1 to confirm.

Same with the fist assembly. Invictor #1 it has a snug fit no glue needed.

Invictor #2 I put blue stuff for now.

Leaves me wondering if the invictor kits suffer from bad quality in general

med_gallery_49686_16340_133367.jpg

med_gallery_49686_16340_152218.jpg

If there is 1 tip I could give it is DO NOT GLUE THE LEG PISTONS

Made my leg experience much easier

Edited by TiguriusX

• 3 weeks later...

For the ornithologis warsuit, maybe put some sloping terrain on the bas so it looks like he is stepping off of something (maybe a bit of vehicle that he has just killed)

That way he is looking forward while stepping off/ over something. I am siure you have some decebnty scrap bits kicking around.

Invicors are looking good and hope all has gone well with the isolation

• 1 month later...

I have come to admit I have a 40k problem.

I joked about it earlier in this blog when I bought the flyers but this is serious time.

I did an impulse buy of Indomitus primarily because a necron player asked if I wanted to swap marines for necrons.

I couldn't resist the value of instant double marines. 2 units of eradicators were on my wish list to play 9th.

Today I bought murderfang using store credit and decided enough is enough. I can build all the lists I have been brainstorming for 9th.

I love a good deal but my pile of shame is growing...

I hereby vow I shall make no more 40k model purchases until I assemble or trade away what I have!!!

Day 1 of working on my pile of shame!!!

I made up a list I would like to try in 9th edition

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/365710-saga-of-the-terminator-trials-9th-edition/

Time to assemble models

Up first is the basic Inquisitor

I already had the Preceptor/Canis Rex upgrade sprue laying around so I decided to use the walking pilot model as my inquisitor

I have 2 versions

Any feedback on what is preferred?

gallery_49686_16563_188120.jpg

gallery_49686_16563_219071.jpg

My daughter helped choose the bits for this conversion.

She wanted to be a model in my army and this was the perfect opportunity...she didn't like how she looked as a terminator :dry.:

Her initials are RAX so naturally I will be calling this model Inquisitor Rax

In my imagination this is a Fenrisian inquisitor who helps hunt down Goethi

The actual game rules is an inquisitor from the ordo malleus with extra CP to take psychic master (2 casts and 2 denies)

Not sure if the neck charms are too over the top or just right

I have 2 versions

Any feedback on what is preferred?

gallery_49686_16563_188120.jpg

Is the model is meant to be that of a woman, or a bishonen (beautiful young man in Japanese art, who often have feminine faces and androgynous bodies)? The head looks like it was transplanted from an Adepta Sororitas model, but the torso still looks masculine.

gallery_49686_16563_219071.jpg

This looks more feminine, due to the necklace covering the breasplate. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker