Blades of Damocles

Triszin

So I'm about half way through this book and I'm kinda scratching my head.

so Sicarius and his band of marines enter a training simulation and data capture facility for tau.

They are fighting through, fight a ghost keel a riptide then they enter the next chamber.

In it the Tau Vat grew space marines and put them in salvaged armor they repaired.

like what.

If they have the ability to do this then why arent the tau using these pseudo space marines as assault troopers.

THey werent the Cybernetic drones that hte kroot were in this complex, they were organic and vat grown.

can anyone explain, or give there thoughts

Cawl had Super SM for 10 millennia frozen. I don't even care anymore.

How old is that fluff?

They could just be experimenting to find weaknesses in the Astartes

The fluff is recent, came out before or during the Damocles Warzone campaign.

It was noted that the Vat grown Marines performed significantly poorer than real marines, 10 marines (sic included) took out 2 squads of assault marines and a full tac squad in a few minutes, but they were using marine equipment.

I honestly wouldn't mind it too much, as I actually kind of want a Marine chapter in the lore to join the greater good.

even if its a Alpha marine ploy

they also alluded to, I think, a Larger Broadside unit that had pulse/rapid plasma weapons, with a flacet defense system. might of been a reference to the massive forgeworld tau unit

Well to be honest I didn't knew this fluff. So don't know what to make of it.

Clearly it means it's time to declare a crusade on their fish asses for this ultimate heresy. I'll proceed to locating the nearest Tau I can find and begin punching their stupid head slits for tainting His creations with their xeno's tech and failed cloning attempts.

Well to be honest I didn't knew this fluff. So don't know what to make of it.

Edited by Brother_Gneecapper

This is also the book where Cato Sicarius straps two Assault Marine jetpacks to his body, rockets up into the sky to reach the altitude of Tau Sunshark bombers, jumps on their wings and proceeds to behead/plasma pistol their pilots before jumping off and landing safely thanks to the remaining fuel in one of the jetpacks soooooo.....

Edited by DogWelder

This is also the book where Cato Sicarius straps two Assault Marine jetpacks to his body, rockets up into the sky to reach the altitude of Tau Sunshark bombers, jumps on their wings and proceeds to behead/plasma pistol their pilots before jumping off and landing safely thanks to the remaining fuel in one of the jetpacks soooooo.....

In other words, it is a Phil Kelly book.

In other words, it is a Phil Kelly book.

That was the first thing which came into my mind. "Oh...that does sound like Phil Kelly..."

My second thought was "Oh...someone's trying to do a second Sevatar, hm?"

http://replygif.net/i/247.gif

Oh did I also mention that Cato later proceeds to draw a huge Ultramarines symbol in the middle of an open desert field with a flamethrower in the middle of the night while the air was swarming with Tau fliers as he waved his luminescent power sword and screamed "WE ARE THE ULTRAMARINES" at the top of his lungs.

The best part is that this plan actually worked out in the end.

Edited by DogWelder

Oh did I also mention that Cato later proceeds to draw a huge Ultramarines symbol in the middle of an open desert field with a flamethrower in the middle of the night while the air was swarming with Tau fliers as he waved his luminescent power sword and screamed "WE ARE THE ULTRAMARINES" at the top of his lungs.

The best part is that this plan actually worked out in the end.

W8y4Pa7.gif

That just tops everything...what kind of plan was it? A distraction? I seems like Phil went nuts with this book. oO

I finshed it. okay, best I can say is.

It's a Fever dream by Phil Kelly

- This book actually takes place BEFORE (literally days/weeks) the Tyranids Invade Ultramar.

This book had GHost keels, riptides, Tide Wall gunrigs, crisis commanders, Pure tide, Puretides mind download and upload

It had Robotic false Kroot designed for warfare testing and advanced drones, it had Vat grown False space marines using perfectly repaired marine equipment, yet the tau couldnt understand what a Dreadnaught was or how it could have such advanced armor.

This book had an Ultramarine Psyker Become invulnerable fly up a sky scrapper using the warp, throwing tanks at crisis suits, destroying a Crisis Commanders, the same psyker gating his terminator Body gaurd around every 5 seconds smashing broadsides. ( the only part I kinda liked, tau commanders and earth ccaste panicking when warp powers are used, as they dont understand whats happening)

This had 5 Ultra marines with jump jets lifting a Mag lev train car and throwing it across a city street onto another building squishing 70+ firewarriors and causing a building to collapse.

It had cato do parkour movements off of tau vehciles to trebuchet himself into more vehicles.

What in the warp heck did I just read.

Blades of Damocles:

A fever dream

by

Phil Kelly

What the...? :O

Wasn't Phils codex stuff ok until now? Why and how did he get past the editors with this?

He can't be serious, right?

It's standard Phill Kelly, both in WHFB and 40k. As for his codex stuff... Well. WOLF. He's the one responsible for SW wolf-silliness, a stigmata that will stay with the wolves till the end of times. I would hardly call his stuff "ok".

I find it strange to see the Wolf Wolf WOLF stuff, as my introduction to the Rout (note that) was through Battle of the Fang.

Looking back, as someone who didn't even google 40K until after finishing the book, it was really intuitive to understand the setting without it being "obvious". May have to buy my own copy.