Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Dark Angels Incoming

• Please log in to reply
789 replies to this topic

Angel_of_Blood

Angel_of_Blood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts
Just announced at Blood and Glory!

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-3/

Blood Angels, along with Dark Angels and Deamons will be out before the end of the year.

As a Blood Angels player, this makes me happy! In a perfect world the Blood Angels come out before my cake day on the 5th!

Also reckon that this rules out the Lion as the next Primarch. Unless GW are holding their cards very, very close to their chests.

Edited by Brother Casman, 07 November 2017 - 12:51 PM.

• Brother_Bethor and Lexington like this

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,458 posts

Disappointed that we won't see Orks before the end of the year but then again we've had a good number of Xenos 'dexes so it's only fair the others get some attention, too.

Thanks for the info! :tu:

• Captain Idaho likes this

gallery_45765_13882_50260.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_45765_5904_4405.png

"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Tyranids (& Genestealer Cults) | Liber Astartes

Imperial Fists, first and foremost. (With a side-helping of Hive Fleet Behemoth. Om nom nom.)

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,025 posts
I would have liked to see Thousand Sons in that list but what can you do.
gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.png

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,720 posts

so Tau, Wolves, Orks next year

banana

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,931 posts
  • Chapter Name: Children of The Violet Heart

Slight nitpick, the link says Angels in 2017, Daemons early 2018.

START WEARING PURPLE

Kobrakei

Kobrakei

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Shrikes/Dark Angels
I was hoping for a Dark Angels book this year but was expecting maybe Tau and another Chapter, so awesome times!

'For nine days and nine nights I hung from the spines of that great tree, my blood awash with toxins, my mind awash with visions. Where brothers died, I was reborn. This is what it is to be a warrior of the Thorn Wreath'  - Jor Yestine, I Company, Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes

A Dark Song - A collection of armies

Redmeption At All Costs - Dark Angels Fifth Company

Instagram

gallery_70393_10089_14170.png

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,868 posts
  • Chapter Name: Reclaimant Crusade

So Im guessing there might be new Primaris kits incoming? Because that would be cool.

++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

armarnis

armarnis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Chapter Name: XXth Legion

So Im guessing there might be new Primaris kits incoming? Because that would be cool.

dont get your hopes high, so far all codizes with an old cover havent had anything brand new. maybe an upgrade sprue for primaris but given that there are already such sprues for both....

WingCommander

WingCommander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts

This is a nice suprise as I didn't expect DA + BA before summer 2018. Instead all my armies will have new codices by the end of the year. Very happy!

• Brother Aether likes this

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,694 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

Is the DA cover new artwork and does that mean anything.

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,402 posts

Is the DA cover new artwork and does that mean anything.

No and no.

• D3L likes this

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg 30k WIP Thread: Talons : 40k WIP Thread "You would not cut down a tree with a sword, neither will you pierce a heart with an axe."

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 272 posts

I hope this means The Lion is coming yet.  I'd be pretty  bummed if he's not in the Codex!

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,918 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

I hope this means The Lion is coming yet.  I'd be pretty  bummed if he's not in the Codex!

lol

If he were coming now, they wouldn't release the Codex just like that along the Blood Angels one. Guess you'll have to be bummed. :D

• SickSix likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Father Mapple

Father Mapple

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 726 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Suns

I did just buy this nearly mint condition beauty last week or so... A return to older ideas, maybe?

37068764244_fa41a5f16a_c.jpg

• Warhead01, Flame Boy, Harleqvin and 3 others like this

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 272 posts

lol

If he were coming now, they wouldn't release the Codex just like that along the Blood Angels one. Guess you'll have to be bummed. biggrin.png

All it takes is one Datasheet and a plastic release...

...at a time of the year a surprise announcement around Black Friday would be quite expected.  Not holding my breath yet, but I'm not ruling it out either!  Because it looks like the Blood Angels will be first, so probably early December.  that means the DANGEL Zone around Christmas!  There's almost 2 months yet to make a big announcement.

And worse.  If no Lion, that means Russ would be next, which is definitely the more boring storywise!

Edited by Dulahan, 04 November 2017 - 01:21 AM.

1000 sons

1000 sons

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 801 posts
  • Chapter Name: Thousand Sons
We all know Angron is the next primarch.

ndKfPF6.jpg AiT9Upe.jpg

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 272 posts

Literally?  The WORST option.  The most boring story wise.  Least helpful to a faction (Khorne's already pretty strong).   Probably the most boring of all the Chaos Primarchs in look.  (I mean, COME ON!  Fulgrim's description and art is AWESOME!  Perturabo or Lorgar would  be fascinating to see now!  Angron is... basically another Khorne thing. Yawn.)  Literally any other Primarch would be more interesting, Chaos or otherwise...

Shoot, that's probably why he would be next, the most boring and least work.  Darn you for messing with my mind! 

• Fortnight, Irbis, Silverson and 3 others like this

Fortnight

Fortnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 967 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords

From what I understand the money is currently on Fulgrim next, for daemon Primarchs.

Don't hold your breath for either though, it will likely be a minute.

• Karhedronuk likes this

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,319 posts
  • Chapter Name: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

Literally?  The WORST option.  The most boring story wise.  Least helpful to a faction (Khorne's already pretty strong).   Probably the most boring of all the Chaos Primarchs in look.  (I mean, COME ON!  Fulgrim's description and art is AWESOME!  Perturabo or Lorgar would  be fascinating to see now!  Angron is... basically another Khorne thing. Yawn.)  Literally any other Primarch would be more interesting, Chaos or otherwise...

Shoot, that's probably why he would be next, the most boring and least work.  Darn you for messing with my mind!

Angron in ADBs Heresy books is by far one of the most interesting Primarchs, so I fundamentally disagree with calling him boring story wise.
And there are ALOT of Khorne players out there that would love to see him along with some new Bezerkers.
  • Fortnight, Azekai, Juggernut and 3 others like this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png  sml_gallery_86352_12089_1713.jpg gallery_86352_11358_29365.png

Instagram : m0nolith_

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,448 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chaos, Dark Eldar

From what I understand the money is currently on Fulgrim next, for daemon Primarchs.

Don't hold your breath for either though, it will likely be a minute.

Seems that Loyalists need a 2nd Primarch before Chaos gets a third. I'm hoping to see The Lion come with DA. But Russ with Wolves to mirror Magnus wouldn't surprise me either.

• Ulfgrim Alvsbane, Aothaine and Brother Aether like this

M@verik115

M@verik115

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 677 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Yeay 3 new chaos codexes in a row... 
And they say something about the imperium lol 

*joke* :P

• Blindhamster, TheMuumio and Plaguecaster like this

My Youtube Channel 'Maverik 115'

ShadowCore67

ShadowCore67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts

Anyone else notice that these are the same armies coming for their 30k variants in the next black book? Probably just a coincidence.

• Lord Thørn, Indefragable and GorgeousGoat like this

Brother Aether

Brother Aether

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts
  • Chapter Name: Brothers Luminous

Blood Angels, along with Dark Angels and Deamons will be out before the end of the year.

As a Blood Angels player, this makes me happy! In a perfect world the Blood Angels come out before my cake day on the 5th!

Also reckon that this rules out the Lion as the next Primarch. Unless GW are holding their cards very, very close to their chests.

Dunno if anyone else has said this yet (if so, please forgive me as I don't mean to plagiarize):

Does anyone else think it's curious that the two chapters being released during December have Red & Green heraldry (and the traditional colors for Christmas are Red & Green)? huh.png

• Ulfgrim Alvsbane, Aothaine, Petitioner's City and 2 others like this

We shall be His Light in the Darkness

My WIP Thread: The Brothers Luminous

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,918 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Dunno if anyone else has said this yet (if so, please forgive me as I don't mean to plagiarize):

Does anyone else think it's curious that the two chapters being released during December have Red & Green heraldry (and the traditional colors for Christmas are Red & Green)? huh.png

Not to mention Sanguinala is basically Christmas in 40k. :D

• Brother Aether likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 167 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Repentant
Stolen from the inner circle in fb. Treat with all the salt required.

So the Codex is finally announced and a good friend of mine has given me some juicy tidbits.

Preorder on the 2nd of December
Available on the 9th of December

A few changes in a couple of units. Points moving to match the vanilla codex.

No Sammael in Sableclaw in the codex

Black knights and deathwing terminators may now be upgraded to a command squad (1 per army) this basically gives them the bodyguard ability.

Now the juicy stuff

Abilities

And they shall know no fear

Inner circle
This unit automatically passes morale checks. In addition it may reroll at to hit rolls against Heretic Astartes and all to hit and to wound rolls against Fallen in the fight phase

Ravenwing
If this unit moves it gains a 6+ invulnerable save to all shooting attacks. If it advances it gains a 5+ Invulnerable save to all shooting attacks

Grim Resolve
All UNFORGIVEN units may Overwatch on a 5+ and will only lose one model to a failed morale test

Have the same space marine stratagems as vanilla marines with the exception of
Masterful marksmanship
Cluster mines
Tremor shells

Also access to these unique stratagems

Fury of the First
2CP
Use this stratagem in your shooting phase. All plasma weapons may use the supercharge weapon template but ignore any mortal wounds that would be caused by a roll of 1.

Repent for Tomorrow You Die
Unforgiven Stratagem
1CP
Use this stratagem before overwatch, the UNFORGIVEN unit may fire overwatch at full BS.

Teleport Homer
Unforgiven Stratagem
2CP
Play at the beginning of your turn. Any DEATHWING unit may deepstrike from reserve within 9" of an enemy unit as long as it is within 6" of a RAVENWING UNIT

Deathwing Assault
Unforgiven Stratagem
2CP
Play at the beginning of your turn, any DEATHWING unit entering by deepstrike may fire twice or add 3" to a charge roll this turn.

Same standard space marine Warlord Traits as vanilla marines with the following unique ones.

Unforgiven
Hold at all costs
Your warlord and UNFORGIVEN units within 9" of your Warlord may roll a D6 for every wound sustained, on a 5+ it is ignored.

Unforgiven
Courage of the First Legion
UNFORGIVEN units in your army may use your Warlords Leadership for morale checks.

Deathwing
The Hunt
Any enemy Character that your Warlord slays in the fight phase grants one victory point

Ravenwing
Rapid Manoeuvres
Your warlord and any RAVENWING units within 6" of him may add 2" to all move, Advance and charge distances and add +1 to all JINK rolls

Relics

Sacred standard
Only one sacred standard can be taken per army

Standard of Devestation
All UNFORGIVEN units within 9" of the standard may fire twice in the shooting phase and automatically pass morale checks.

Standard of Retribution
All UNFORGIVEN units within 9" of the standard may attack twice in the fight phase and automatically pass morale checks.

Standard of Fortitude
All UNFORGIVEN units within 9" of the standard when suffering an unsaved wound may roll a D6 on a 5+ the wound is ignored and automatically pass morale checks.

Mace of Redemption
S+3 Ap-3 D2
If a unit suffers damage from this weapon reduce WS by 1 until the end of the next fight phase.
Against Heretic Astartes weapon is AP -4

Lion's Roar
When attacking with this weapon, choose one or both of the profiles below. If you choose both, subtract 1 from all hit rolls for this weapon-
Boltgun 24" Rapid Fire 1 S4 AP0 D1
Plasma 24" AssaultD3 S7 AP-3 D1

Foe Smiter
Rapid fire 3 S4 AP-1 D1

Monster Slayer of Caliban
S+2 AP-2 D d3
If this weapon causes at least one unsaved wound roll a D6 on a 6 the model is removed from play. Does not effect models with the VEHICLE keyword

Shroud of Heroes
The shroud of heroes confers a 4+ cover save and for each unsaved wound roll a D6 on a 6+ the save is ignored

And finally the biggest news in my opinion

Lion El’Jonson
M 8"
WS 2+
BS 2+
S 6
T 6
W 9
A 7
Ld 10
Sv 2+

Hope Melee Melee S+2 AP -3 D 2 If you roll a wound roll of 6+ for this weapon, it inflicts Mortal Wounds instead of its normal damage.

Despair 18” AssaultD3 S8 AP -3 D3 If a unit suffers any damage from this weapon, roll a D6 on a 6 the unit suffers D3 Mortal Wounds

And they shall know no fear

Master of the First – If your army is battleforged, you receive an additional 3 CP if Lion El’Jonson is your Warlord.

Armour of the Order – Lion El’Jonson has a 3+ invulnerable save. In addition all UNFORGIVEN units within 8” receive an 5+ Invulnerable save.

Blade Master - For every unsaved wound Lion El'Jonson causes in the fight phase he can immediately make an additional attack. This ability can only be used once per fight phase.

Master Strategist- each time a stratagem is used roll a D6 on a 4+ the CP for that stratagem is not spent

I Primarch – You can re-roll any failed hit and wound rolls for friendly UNFORGIVEN units within 6” of Lion El’Jonson
  • Aramis K likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Withershadow