Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Dark Angels Incoming

• Please log in to reply
779 replies to this topic

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,986 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Get out of here. If the Lion is indeed in the codex,it means the model won't be far behind.
But I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think it's real tho.

Edited by Sete, 04 November 2017 - 04:27 PM.

• SickSix, Xwingt65 and Volt like this

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 166 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Repentant
Indeed, it seems too good to be true, I don't wanna get hurt haha!

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,986 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
If the Lion is released this Xmas, yeah make space for me in the Rock.

But since Morty only came out last month... I just can't see it.

Edited by Sete, 04 November 2017 - 04:29 PM.

• G8Keeper and sfPanzer like this

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,819 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cadian 317th

Seems fishy to me.  I wouldn't get too excited, yet.

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,738 posts

Hmm. I thought the Dark Angels release would have been paired with the Thousand Sons and the Primaris Superheavy.

They could call the release video "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe"

• binary, Noserenda, jeremy1391 and 22 others like this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_11765_15606.jpggallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pngXX

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,647 posts

Part of me doesn't really want to see what the model for the Lion looks like - Guilliman looked far too ridiculous in that armour of his, and I wasn't too fond of either Magnus or Mortarion. I hope that they don't give him some OTT model or armour, but I guess they will to justify the large price tag that will undoubtedly come with him.

Chris521

Chris521

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

Well it certainly seems strange for a new primarch this soon.  We first saw Mortarion a long time ( like 6 months?) before he was released.  Without saying whether or not the rumor is true, we could be incorrect in our assumptions on the release pace of the primarchs.   With all of the 8th edition stuff, perhaps the gap between Guilliman and Mortarion could be a lot longer than most will be. 

Or not

evilhomer

evilhomer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

Hmmm... looks suspect. Hope and Despair were matched swords - Despair should be melee, like Hope, rather than being a ranged weapon....

• farfromsam likes this

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 433 posts
I started doubting this rumour at the stratagems, and dismissed it at the relics.
  • Frater Cornelius and Volt like this

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 779 posts
  • Chapter Name: Charnel Guard
A standard that let's everyone within 9" SHOOT TWICE!?!
Nah.
To salty
This is somebodies wishlist.

Edited by The Unseen, 04 November 2017 - 04:46 PM.

• Frater Cornelius, Volt and TheFinisher4Ever like this

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

ShadowCore67

ShadowCore67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts
As much as I want to believe those, it does seem suspicious. I will keep my excitement at low levels for now
  • Frater Cornelius likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,395 posts

Was plausible until I saw the Lion.

A lot of the names of things are very goofy and a bit GW tho... "Hope & Despair" lol

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg 30k WIP Thread: Talons : 40k WIP Thread "You would not cut down a tree with a sword, neither will you pierce a heart with an axe."

Chris521

Chris521

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

I guess it depends on who can take the banner.  Letting a character have it would be completely broken.  On a non character, the banner might as well say "shoot me first".

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 948 posts

Was plausible until I saw the Lion.

A lot of the names of things are very goofy and a bit GW tho... "Hope & Despair" lol

Well, those are already (some of) his swords in the heresy novels so that's not implausible in itself. The Lion's presence though, yeah. It would be pretty odd to just... drop a primarch in with a redone codex, released at the same time as another codex and right before christmas, when it would compete with however many other purchases and holiday boxes.

I would have thought GW would make a bigger deal about his return, make it the centre of releases. We knew about Mortarion and Magnus ages in advance, even if they came with armies that were rebooted to a much greater degree than the DA will be.

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,662 posts

sea-salt-mountains-messolonghi.png

• Race Bannon, Marshal Loss, Azekai and 7 others like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,692 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades
You can tell its fake because the Shroud is a 4+ cover save. Come on guys really? Do we not remember how Hyped Guilli, Mortie, and Mag were?

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
Thanks for sharing G8Keeper. I'm putting a big mound of salt on this, but I'm not going to shoot the messenger.

I don't know the other codexes well enough to be certain, but this seems suspiciously similar to the 7th ed ruleset. The warlord traits are fundamentally the same, as are the relics (and as Swarmlord Unleashed pointed out, the shroud of heroes granting a 4+ cover save just has to be wrong).

It feels to me like wishlisting using as much of the 7th es codex's terminology to make it sound familiar and therefore believeable. Would love to be proven wrong though, as ravenwing with sammy bubble will be insanely powerful. Seriously - big blob of black knights near sammael who will have the RW warlord trait like last time:
- moving 16" (24" if you advance")
- firing twice (banner)
- with immune to overheat plasma (stratagem)
- and rerolling misses (sammael)
And then when the enemy returns fire you
- have a 4++ or 5++ (jink + warlord trait)
- at -1 to hit (you did bring a darkshroud right?)

Too good to be true in my books
  • G8Keeper, Triszin, Interrogator Stobz and 1 other like this

WingCommander

WingCommander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts

I would swallow a ton of salt to make this happen! laugh.png

I am also sceptical but wouldn't dismiss it completly. Probably GW uses a different approach in making DA (espec. DW and RW) competitive: Instead of reducing point costs they might turn DA into a truely elitist force.

Edited by WingCommander, 04 November 2017 - 08:18 PM.

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,511 posts

8th Ed is all about bubbles of making numbers better, whilst salt is ready it doesn't seem that far fetched.

@TWA: I would hazard a guess that Ravenwing and Deathwing Ancients can only take their Company Banners and not a Sacred Standard; so a little less for those guys, but Greenwing shooty blob will be amazing (if true).

Edited by Interrogator Stobz, 04 November 2017 - 08:49 PM.
phone errors

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_4664_5295_5937.gifgallery_33968_5962_11035.jpg
Belial by 'Michael'
Stobz'z DAngles

TheWeepingAngel

TheWeepingAngel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts

@TWA: I would hazard a guess that Ravenwing and Deathwing Ancients can only take their Company Banners and not a Sacred Standard; so a little less for those guys, but Greenwing shooty blob will be amazing (if true).

That's a good point, Stobz. I guess it just makes the already strong Azrael castle even more powerful now...

Edited by Interrogator Stobz, 04 November 2017 - 08:50 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,094 posts

Looking over those DA "leaks," I can see them being partially true. I.e. the "shoot twice" banner could have some kind of modifier that the leaker missed like "once per game" or on a 4+ or something.

Salt as always, but I think a lot of the rumors we've seen lately have gotten the gist of things right, if not the precise details.

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,511 posts

Yep; I wouldn't start writing a list around this info, but it would not totally surprise me to see something similar on release.

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_4664_5295_5937.gifgallery_33968_5962_11035.jpg
Belial by 'Michael'
Stobz'z DAngles

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,363 posts
So... If DW use the Stratagem to shoot twice and are in the dakka banner bubble, how many times do they shoot? :P

Too good to be true, but given what we have seen this is not quite enough to dismiss it entirely. If this is true, I will dig up my DA though, but I doubt anyone would have fun playing against it. Do you have any idea what it means to have a Leviathan, Repulsor or some of the Superheavies fire twice?

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

ShadowCore67

ShadowCore67

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts
I could see the banner maybe only affecting infantry or something, that would tone it down a bit.

WingCommander

WingCommander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts

I doubt that anyone of these will have the keyword <unforgiven>. My guess is that it will work like chapter tactics, i.e. the bonus is limited to infantry and in this case regular dreads.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

ShVagYeR, evilhomer, mhacdebhandia