Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Dark Angels Incoming

• Please log in to reply
759 replies to this topic

Helycon

Helycon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
Maybe, but these are the chapters that define the Dark Angels. They have the different units that make sure it's not just another Space Marine army with a different coat of paint. This is not even getting into the fluff reasons that are RW and DW.

Brother Syddraf

Brother Syddraf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts
I like to think while Grim Resolve is a chapter trait, the deathwing and ravenwing have essentially their own trait locked to their keywords.
There has only been two posts about the codex on the communities site and im sure there is a hell of a lot more changes to come.
If ravenwing have a lieutenant now there is no reason for the deathwing not to have them too
  • MaulerUK likes this

Dark_Master

Dark_Master

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 710 posts

You remember when GW took all jump-pack armies away from BA? Stating that BA are more codex compliant than not and that rule was cuasing nearly all BA armies to misrepresent how the chapter actually functioned?

I feel Grim Resolve is kind of that rebalance to DA. There is literally only one Company of RW and DW but if you looked at DA tabletop armies, you would think the entire chapter is either bikes or Terminators. (More like 80% bikes 19% terminators and 1% tactical marines)

It's high time Green Wing got some love. They do most of the fighting anyways. It's time for the rules to benefit the guys that make up 60% of the chapter and not just the two 'cool' companies.

There is also another possibility.

The size of the Deathwing and Ravenwing have never been officially confirmed in actual numbers of members in the fluff.

Both companies could easily be twice the size (or more!) than a Codex company. Would also explain how both companies can be in so many places at once prosecuting the Hunt

DM
  • Petitioner's City likes this

ETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,235 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

GW has said regular and Primaris can both be interred into Redepmtors.

Link, please? I'd like to think that Primaris is a pattern rather than just a type of Marine, but...

I don't have a link but this was indeed stated.
Also, Redemptors don't have the Primaris keyword.

-~Ishagu~-

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,843 posts

I think they say things in Twitch streams (or people attribute rumors to "Twitch streams") because they want plausible deniability.  Especially when those streams are no longer available.

They could say "The Emperor is returning, he'll be bigger than Guilliman and he'll come bundled free with the next White Dwarf" and everyone would go nuts.

Then, when they decide not to do it, there's no way to verify it was ever actually said.  "Pics or it didn't happen", indeed. :D

"We come home to pray, to reflect, to remember, before we journey back to the stars.
Hatred keeps us crusading, Regret brings us home. Shame always calls us back." - ADB

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 819 posts
You are supposed to chew the tin foil not wear it on your head.
  • Marshal Loss, MaulerUK, Volt and 2 others like this

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,685 posts
  • Chapter Name: Silver Skulls

Maybe, but these are the chapters that define the Dark Angels. They have the different units that make sure it's not just another Space Marine army with a different coat of paint. This is not even getting into the fluff reasons that are RW and DW.

You are right. But there should be a unit or two of those companies attached to your greenwing. Not whole armies of RW making up most DA armies.

Helycon

Helycon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts

You are right. But there should be a unit or two of those companies attached to your greenwing. Not whole armies of RW making up most DA armies.
Fluff wise, yes. The game however, dictates that these special units are good or fun and worth playing Dark Angels for. People also enjoy playing full companies. In 7th edition, detachments basically made it so you could build an army specifically as DW or RW with bonuses, whereas pure Greenwing wasn't great. That's where a lot of these armies also originated. People will play what is best a lot of the time. It's called flavour of the month. Powerplayers will do this, whereas people that enjoy a theme will chose an army they enjoy and have affinity with, which can be fluff, playstyle or both. Sometimes, this also covers a specific company in the case of Dark Angels. Sure, you could play White Scars if you like bikes, but it's maybe not the fluff you enjoy, whereas Dark Angels floats your boat. Maybe you like Land Speeders. Dark Angels has more of them and good ones too.

There can be many reasons people enjoy playing things, and in the case of the Dark Angels, fluff sets the 1st and 2nd company apart, which happens to be DW and RW.

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,349 posts

Not quite. The first and second companies routinely fight on their own. Often Ravenwing will get teleport homers on target and then withdraw when deathwing come down. It's been in the fluff forever. These are self sufficient battle companies.
  • CarbonBased and Brother-Captain Sharp like this

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,986 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Surely you mean companies right. The chapter is the dark angels; companies make it up. Realistically companies don't get special rules, having additional "chapter tactics" for companies is a little snowflakey when they already get baked in special rules like jink
  • SickSix and Subtleknife like this

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pngL_T_2_2016_Medal.gifNostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png

gallery_48988_10980_563.pnggallery_48988_10980_1482.pnggallery_48988_10980_56.pnggallery_48988_10980_4128.png

Helycon

Helycon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts

Surely you mean companies right. The chapter is the dark angels; companies make it up. Realistically companies don't get special rules, having additional "chapter tactics" for companies is a little snowflakey when they already get baked in special rules like jink
You are correct. I meant companies in stead of chapters.

Edited by Helycon, 07 December 2017 - 09:19 AM.

MaulerUK

MaulerUK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 610 posts

GW has said regular and Primaris can both be interred into Redepmtors.

Link, please? I'd like to think that Primaris is a pattern rather than just a type of Marine, but...
I don't have a link but this was indeed stated.
Also, Redemptors don't have the Primaris keyword.

Good enough for me! Thank you :D

Chaos Marine #1: "Huh, that can't be a Volkite weapon, I've not seen one of those for what must be 10,000 years realtime..."
Magos Dominus: "01000100 01001001 01000101 00100000 01001000 01000101 01010010 01000101 01010100 01001001 01000011 00100000 01010011 01000011 01010101 01001101 00100001 00100001"
CHOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Cultists 1-5: "Wraaaaaaaarrrghhhhhh...." *crisped*
Chaos Marine #1: "Cheerio, lol"
Chaos Marine #2: "lol!"
Magos Dominus: "01001100 01001111 01001100 00101100 00100000 01001110 01000101 01010111 01000010 01010011 00100001 00100001"

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

Ulfgrim Alvsbane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,843 posts

You are supposed to chew the tin foil not wear it on your head.

Nah.  I'm just tired of hearing "I can't substantiate it, but it was in a Twitch stream."  Prove it or admit it's anecdotal.  That simple.

"We come home to pray, to reflect, to remember, before we journey back to the stars.
Hatred keeps us crusading, Regret brings us home. Shame always calls us back." - ADB

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,380 posts

From Facebook:

• Storm Ravens + Land Speeder Storms are in.
  • INTRACTABLE Stratagem: 2CP; use after a DA unit falls back, it can still shoot.

• Brother Bish, G8Keeper, Ulfgrim Alvsbane and 1 other like this

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg 30k WIP Thread: Talons : 40k WIP Thread "You would not cut down a tree with a sword, neither will you pierce a heart with an axe."

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts

Storm Ravens yay, thank the emperor :D

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 819 posts
It’s about time they got the Raven.

Edited by wildweasel, 07 December 2017 - 03:39 PM.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,963 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

INTRACTABLE sounds pretty tasty, particularly as its at no penalty (unlike the UM ability)

• Ulfgrim Alvsbane likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,816 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

DA Hellblaster are getting scarier and scarier. :D

• depthcharge12 and StormLion like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

StormLion

StormLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 68 posts

DA be like....

you-get-plasma-you-get-plasma-you-get-pl

• G8Keeper, Ulfgrim Alvsbane, MaulerUK and 3 others like this

MaulerUK

MaulerUK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 610 posts
QUICK QUICK, pre-order the Hellblaster boxes ASAP! Before the everyone else gets the codex next weekend and works it out...
  • Frater Cornelius likes this

Chaos Marine #1: "Huh, that can't be a Volkite weapon, I've not seen one of those for what must be 10,000 years realtime..."
Magos Dominus: "01000100 01001001 01000101 00100000 01001000 01000101 01010010 01000101 01010100 01001001 01000011 00100000 01010011 01000011 01010101 01001101 00100001 00100001"
CHOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Cultists 1-5: "Wraaaaaaaarrrghhhhhh...." *crisped*
Chaos Marine #1: "Cheerio, lol"
Chaos Marine #2: "lol!"
Magos Dominus: "01001100 01001111 01001100 00101100 00100000 01001110 01000101 01010111 01000010 01010011 00100001 00100001"

Helycon

Helycon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts
Storm Raven <3

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,474 posts

SR is hot but scouts on LS storm is even better!

• Ulfgrim Alvsbane likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Grand Master Belial

Grand Master Belial

++ APPARITORIS DESTRICTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,820 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Unforgiven!

SR is hot but scouts on LS storm is even better!

Always wanted to include them into the DA armory even if it doesn't have the Missile Launcher as a compromise.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image

What is the terror of death? That we die, our work incomplete. But what is the joy of life? To die, knowing our task is done.

Differences of the Successors Update Project - AoA - AoR - AoV - Cons - DoC - GotC - AoVig

Brotherhood of the Angels 2012 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 Legends of the Angels 2015 DA - LA 2016 DA - LA

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,380 posts

Stream is on.

Jumped on a little late but nothing big revealed I don't think yet.

Phil just going over Luther's betrayal and his fight with Johnson.

Update: He just alluded to Luther not being on the Rock anymore...? Is that new?

Edited by Charlo, 08 December 2017 - 04:17 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg 30k WIP Thread: Talons : 40k WIP Thread "You would not cut down a tree with a sword, neither will you pierce a heart with an axe."

Urriak Urruk

Urriak Urruk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 571 posts
  • Chapter Name: Wolf Brothers

Stream is on.

Jumped on a little late but nothing big revealed I don't think yet.

Phil just going over Luther's betrayal and his fight with Johnson.

Update: He just alluded to Luther not being on the Rock anymore...? Is that new?

Definitely not new. Why would the MOST LOYAL CHAPTER ever let him go? (tts reference)

8 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mekhitar, wildweasel, Imeran