Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Dark Angels Incoming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
797 replies to this topic

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,274 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines
Lion looks pretty good if true. I've not heard anything about it.
I hope it is! I want to see DA on the table kicking butt.

I'll say that he sounds even more powerful than Guilliman which I can live with as long as he's costed more.

-~Ishagu~-

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,108 posts
  • Chapter Name: HH Hobby Bee.
I call bollocks on that leak.
  • Race Bannon, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Irbis and 3 others like this
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,766 posts
Deep strike *within* 9" of an enemy unit?

Nope.

And the lion just looks like a clone of Bobby G. I'd expect him to have a different ruleset than just 'girlyman in green'.

Edited by Gentlemanloser, 04 November 2017 - 10:48 PM.

QUOTE (Seahawk @ Jul 30 2011, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,725 posts

I don't expect a Primarch in the next month, I could see one in Feb, but not this soon.

also that list screams wishlist for an OP army.

• Race Bannon and Irbis like this

banana

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,029 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Nope.

And the lion just looks like a clone of Bobby G. I'd expect him to have a different ruleset than just 'girlyman in green'.

That is what threw you off? An ability that lets a unit deep strike within 9" isn't too unheard of. T'au can do the same with the Stealth Suits Homing Beacon. :D

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 236 posts
  • Chapter Name: Grey Knights
These rumors are absurd. No way they are correct. A double shooting banner for everything in 9"? Not a chance that's real. That's so game breakingly good there's no way it happens. If this does turn out to be true, Banner of Devastation, Lion, Azreal deathstars will be unbeatable. Just imagine an army of predators, devastators and razorbacks that get to reroll hits and wounds, can fire twice, and get a 4++. No freaking way.
  • Helycon likes this

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 3,000 points

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,274 posts
If these rumours are fake it's quite upsetting that someone would go to the length of writing out such detailed rules :-/

Why?

I should point out that one of the DG units still isn't out yet, and the codex was released a while back.
It's possible for rules to be published weeks before a model release.

Edited by Ishagu, 04 November 2017 - 11:41 PM.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,274 posts
One thing does make me pause.
The codex probably hasn't been distributed yet to even the parties that get it early. It makes the validity of the rumours less likely.

Gw seem to be better at managing info unless it's closer to release.

I'm like Mulder right now. I WANT to believe.
  • G8Keeper likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,886 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Aurora Chapter
If it's true, I imagine we'll see images of El'Johnson within a week or two - how much time was there between the first "smuggled" shots of Roboute/Mortarion and the actual pre-order dates?
gallery_23421_8142_1088.png

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,274 posts
Mortarion about 5 months? Lol

-~Ishagu~-

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
  • Chapter Name: Primaris Raptors, Deathwatch

Yeah Morty was a long time ahead (even longer if you want to count that tiny image that was flying around which turned out to be real).

How early was Guilliman? Didn't we only find out when the WD for that month was leaked? Also, GW's game has been solid enough lately that I wouldn't put it past them one bit that they've kept the Lion release a *secret* this whole time.

Honestly, Magnus was the only Primarch whose return was sorta built up in the fluff before hand. Fall of Cadia could have easily ended with them finding the Lion or something for all we knew (remember, all we knew was that Cawl had some important thing with him). And there wasn't really anything setting up Mortarion's come back before DI. Between what happened in the Rock in WoM and Cypher's goings on in GS3, it seems like there's actually some storylines that could lead up to the Lion coming back.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,170 posts

Looks like a load of rubbish to me, for numerous reasons, although I'd love to see the Lion come back this year

Edited by Marshal Loss, 05 November 2017 - 12:53 AM.

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Fortnight

Fortnight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 967 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords

From what I understand the money is currently on Fulgrim next, for daemon Primarchs.

Don't hold your breath for either though, it will likely be a minute.

Seems that Loyalists need a 2nd Primarch before Chaos gets a third. I'm hoping to see The Lion come with DA. But Russ with Wolves to mirror Magnus wouldn't surprise me either.

I don't think there are any further loyalist primarchs in the pipeline at current, except maybe whatever has become of Russ... Big maybe. My money is on the remaining two chaos primarchs and a much larger chaos-imbued Abby with near primarch stats before the next loyalist. I've been wrong before though. Cough cough -primaris- cough...

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,989 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
The lion being an almost carbon clone of RG is telling in the extreme of fake news, but so is the plasma over heat strat. It blocks mortal wounds from happening off an overheat, but only the two units who can use heavy plasma cannons and the vengeance would be applicable. Not the termis with plasma cannon, not knights with Talons, not azrael...

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pngL_T_2_2016_Medal.gifNostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png

gallery_48988_10980_563.pnggallery_48988_10980_1482.pnggallery_48988_10980_56.pnggallery_48988_10980_4128.png

Kisada

Kisada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 775 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templar

I don't think there are any further loyalist primarchs in the pipeline at current, except maybe whatever has become of Russ... Big maybe. My money is on the remaining two chaos primarchs and a much larger chaos-imbued Abby with near primarch stats before the next loyalist. I've been wrong before though. Cough cough -primaris- cough...

I've seen it hashed out multiple times online ... from the sounds of it multiple loyalists primarchs can and most likely will make a return.  Why wouldn't they?  They're just gonna load up chaos with primarchs but not return any of the loyalist?  unlikely

• sfPanzer likes this

QUOTE (Nobu @ Feb 1 2012, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We'll crusade them so hard they'll die to death.

gallery_38474_6916_6036.jpggallery_45765_11559_29798.pngCdLHFYf.jpg

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,076 posts
The Lion? Lol. Two months left in the year? Remember how early the first Mortarion tease video was? Mooonths before it came out..

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,278 posts
  • Chapter Name: Stoneburners
As I said down in the DA forum, it was either Hope or Despair that was already destroyed during the Heresy series by the Lion using one of them like a Force sword to channel psychic energy through to kill a Tzeentchian greater daemon. I don't think the Lion is so sentimental as to rename another sword the exact same thing, so it seems that at least part of this is off...
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 272 posts

The Lion? Lol. Two months left in the year? Remember how early the first Mortarion tease video was? Mooonths before it came out..

But if you're gonna do a surprise release, Christmas is the time to do it.

dogfender

dogfender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,909 posts
  • Chapter Name: Relictors
I really want to believe.

On note about Christmas being a bad time for release, this is gw..

I find it interesting the codex could containrules for he DA as we know them and the unforgiven. And the rumor implies that the unforgiven are actually in the right, considering all the special rules for them and the primarch on their side. All things considered if true it means the lion got his sword back from cypher and guilliman, ergo lion = good

D3L

D3L

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 331 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIV Legion

I really want to believe.

On note about Christmas being a bad time for release, this is gw..

I find it interesting the codex could containrules for he DA as we know them and the unforgiven. And the rumor implies that the unforgiven are actually in the right, considering all the special rules for them and the primarch on their side. All things considered if true it means the lion got his sword back from cypher and guilliman, ergo lion = good

but, by the other side of the razor it could also mean that the Lion is bad, and that Cypher gave him the broken sword back because Guilliman messed up C's audience with big E

Cypher and Guilliman aren't friends biggrin.png

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,766 posts

Nope.

That is what threw you off? An ability that lets a unit deep strike within 9" isn't too unheard of. T'au can do the same with the Stealth Suits Homing Beacon. :D

Yup. :) Tau don't have assault units like assault terminators that could be ds 2" away for an automatic charge.

I know GSC can do similar, but that's got baked in RNG drawbacks. And GW love thier RNG. ;)
  • TheWolfLord likes this
QUOTE (Seahawk @ Jul 30 2011, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,613 posts
  • Chapter Name: Custodes Advance Force
So rounding out what people think, assault primaris, primaris jetbikes, and the Lion. Let's hope

D3L

D3L

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 331 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIV Legion

So rounding out what people think, assault primaris, primaris jetbikes, and the Lion. Let's hope

this far away? and no leaks or rumours I'll take; non, non of them for 50cents please Alex

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Volt and TheWolfLord like this

TheWolfLord

TheWolfLord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts
Completely rubbish.

Getting CP back on a 4+? Why would DA have a more powerful mechanic than everyone else.

A 9" bubble ignoring a wound of a 5+? So DA become pseudo DG? What's the lore reasoning behind that?

A 9" bubble allowing all units to shoot twice?

Magnus, Mortarion and Guilliman were teased many months in advance, if The Lion was getting a model as part of the DA release GW would have teased it.

Finally, how has this info been leaked a month in advance? We just aren't seeing leaks of this size this far in advance now. We haven't since GW started giving reviewers advanced copies.

Nothing adds up to suggest this is a solid rumour, some of the abilities are too good and there's little reason why DA in particular would have some of these abilities.

Edited by TheWolfLord, 05 November 2017 - 09:12 AM.

• Gentlemanloser and Helycon like this

Matt_149

Matt_149

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 132 posts
I thought we only found out about Bobby G after the March white dwarf was leaked? That was a month before release?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)