New codex coming this year...

Leonaides

from the Tyranid codex that I can't wait to read from the BA side for those asking:

The Knights of Blood make a final last stand dying to the last to allow Seth and his remaining Fleshtearers to retreat and survive.

Leviathan is not destroyed but broken into splinter fleets all across the galaxy due to the warp storms

The biggest is Dante kills the swarm Lord but is mortally wounded as Guilliman arrives.

Geez I was never this conflicted about a spoiler.

1. Love it. That's how I wanted it to be. Makes the most sense and now I'm feeling proud of my Successor choice considering they are already declared renegade and could have just kept away from trouble if they wanted to. <3

2. Happy this got clarified. At times it sounded like they got wiped completely which wouldn't have made much sense.

3. I....don't know. Curious where this leads. I hope it's not the end of an era. :sad.:

EDIT:

“Hi Dante, I’m Roboute. Say, that looks like it hurts. How would you like to grow a foot or two, and have some new organs? Sound good? Yeah, plus one wound and attack to boot. Just go with my supersized apothecary here”.

So far we haven't heard of any Marine getting the Primaris treatment afterwards.

The White Dwarf article that lists the organs with their functions and when they're getting implanted suggests that it's only something for new initiates.

Here's the page that's concerning us in the Tyranids codex. it's not very clear but most of it is readable.

23555228_10213676806810012_1861639981_o.

EDIT: Dante is not "mortally" wounded, but rather "gravely" wounded. Nothing an apothecary cannot fix. :wink:

Ah, thanks for the clarification! Scratch what I said about 3. then! :biggrin.: Edited by sfPanzer

“Hi Dante, I’m Roboute. Say, that looks like it hurts. How would you like to grow a foot or two, and have some new organs? Sound good? Yeah, plus one wound and attack to boot. Just go with my supersized apothecary here”.

Let's hope that is the treatment Dante gets and not another model that is reduced to being a regular captain.

Unfortunately hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Tycho treatment (two profiles) would be another option

Edited by Quixus

So far we haven't heard of any Marine getting the Primaris treatment afterwards.

The White Dwarf article that lists the organs with their functions and when they're getting implanted suggests that it's only something for new initiates.

Yep, but not long ago the idea of mass producing numarines was impossible too, and two minutes with a keyboard later “not only is it possible, but we’ve been doing it for 10k years in secret”. Mini marines upgraded to Primaris is a 30 second investment of time on a keyboard compared to Primaris as a whole and I wouldn’t bet against it. This is GW after all.

Yep, but not long ago the idea of mass producing numarines was impossible too, and two minutes with a keyboard later “not only is it possible, but we’ve been doing it for 10k years in secret”. Mini marines upgraded to Primaris is a 30 second investment of time on a keyboard compared to Primaris as a whole and I wouldn’t bet against it. This is GW after all.

Never said it's not possible. Just not something we should spread as being a thing yet. If GW wants to the whole setting could be rewritten into something entirely else within a day, but acting like it could won't help anybody. :wink:

Really enjoyed reading the spoilers fellas. Thanks.

Will be really curious to read our codex version and compare also.

Very excited for the novel. Betting the Knights of Blood covering the Flesh Tearers re-deploy is going to be EPIC. =)

I am happy with the Dante, Stormlord, and Daemon bits I suppose. looking forward to more details.

Also more than a bit apprehensive about how devastated we are gonna be after this and what rebuilding is going to look like for our older forces.

I am hoping that GW leaves plenty of room for me to use my legacy forces as well as these Primaris or I am going to be feeling... sub-optimal *nod.

All these extra scouts and preference for veterans I have been operating seem a bit more fluffy anyhow.

A possible great thing to come from this is the idea that we will fight as a legion restoring it's strength from here on as all of the sucessors restore their respective strengths and work together closely now etc. I like the idea of painting veteran carmine blades, blood drinkers etc units / detachments to use within my main force. Anyhow I hope GW has great things in store soon.

Edited by Crimson Ghost IX

just read the full bit in codex tyranids.

I wonder what Dantes rules will be like, the swarmlord is a monster, so I cant see how any marine character could duel it and win honestly.

He isn't dead though, but he comes close to it by the sound of it, but doesnt collapse till after killing the Swarmlord, which is deemed to be a key point in why the Tyranids lose. Overall an interesting read and leaves me very interested to see what our codex has to say for itself!.

Plot armour: 3++ with rerolls. Chapter trait of +1 to wound warlord trait of +1 toughness and attack after taking a wound, shooting having got the Swarmlord down to 3 wounds before he gets across the table...uh...battlefield, and a few lucky rolls lol.

just read the full bit in codex tyranids.

I wonder what Dantes rules will be like, the swarmlord is a monster, so I cant see how any marine character could duel it and win honestly.

He isn't dead though, but he comes close to it by the sound of it, but doesnt collapse till after killing the Swarmlord, which is deemed to be a key point in why the Tyranids lose. Overall an interesting read and leaves me very interested to see what our codex has to say for itself!.

Feel no pain and constantly rolling 5/6+

I always thought the Swarmlord is supposed to be more like a Primarch equivalent for Tyranids but its stats not matching rules-wise.
Either Dante achieved a ridiculously huge feat by dueling one and winning without any cheap miracle power up writing from the sanguinor or whatever....or the Swarmlord is quite a bit weaker than I thought fluff-wise. ^^
Calgar lost against one iirc....I guess living for about 1500 years just makes you this badass. :P

I don't think it's meant to be much better physically. I mean, he's got the bone sabres, but other than that he's just a more intelligent Hive Tyrant. It's a Hive Tyrant with the collective experience of the whole Hive Fleets, rather than just the 'standard' reincarnated Hive Tyrant. More along the lines of Creed with his tactical genius, rather than Guilliman and being almost an entirely different species than what it's compared to.

I always thought swarmlord were only slightly better than a hive tyrants. Kind of like a SM captain to a SM Chapter Master. It might have more experience and access to unique gear, but they are no primarch. I imagine if Tyranids get a primarch it will be a Hive Queen or something new.

The beauty of Dante’s character is that he would be the one dude in the entire Imperium who (narrowly) kills the Swarmlord 1v1, no save scum, no Konami code, first try.

That’s what makes him so :cuss -ing awesome.

He’s not the biggest or the strongest or the fastest or the wisest...he’s just a “regular” Astartes who through grit, hope, and badassery has managed to get more experience than anyone outside of say Guilliman himself and Bjorn.

In so many ways that’s why he and the BA/successors are so awesome: they have it where it counts. They can pull off the unbelievable in a believable manner.

Ruinstorm hints at similar things where

*****spoiler within spoiler******

...the IX Legion go up against daemons inside the warp like it ain’t no thang. It kinda implies that any other Legion woulda gone mad after Signus Prime, let alone attacking into the Ruinstorm

******spoiler within spoiler over*******

I sure hope our Codex reflects this.

Not that any further clarification were needed, but C:T is pretty unequivocal about how boned we are:

“Baal is saved, but at the cost of almost the entire Blood Angels Chapter.” 

“The Blood Angels were all but destroyed as a Chapter...”

If we don't get gold Mk X nipple armour with the codex, I'm gonna be mardy for weeks.

I have this feeling that we might see BA end up working more like a legion, purely because they're on the wrong side of the warp rift, so all successors together sort of thing? would be pretty awesome if they did that...

but yeah, we get absolutely battered, as do all of our successors. Then we get a huge replenish in troops via Guillimans Primaris marines.

I fear if Primaris take over that BA. Not because the common "Primaris-hate", but because they don't share the characteristic of BAs. In my head I see BA jump packing into melee combat tearing into their enemies with chainswords. Primaris lack that Noble ferocity. Though maybe they will release unique BA's and DA's to give them their own flavor.