Codex Chaos Daemons first in 2018

Panzer

I think Slaanesh only defence against shooting will be the Deep Strike strat, which probably won't be enough to make them competitive but oh well... at least they're cool. Though things like World Eaters, Blood Angels or Ctachans are screwed against us :tongue.:, let's hope the Codex has something that hasn't been shown to defend us from the likes of tau, artillery or primaris (because advancing and charging isn't enough to close the gap).

Nahh mate, deepstriking a Lord of Skulls will be the most fun Ive had in years :P 

I think Slaanesh only defence against shooting will be the Deep Strike strat, which probably won't be enough to make them competitive but oh well... at least they're cool. Though things like World Eaters, Blood Angels or Ctachans are screwed against us :tongue.:, let's hope the Codex has something that hasn't been shown to defend us from the likes of tau, artillery or primaris (because advancing and charging isn't enough to close the gap).

Nahh mate, deepstriking a Lord of Skulls will be the most fun Ive had in years :tongue.:

:jawdrop:

Don't hold your breath for Doomrider. I'm surprised GW even mentions him in the fluff sometimes still. Just make yourself a badass daemonic bike mounted model and use it as  Daemon Prince with Wings. That way you can even switch between using him in your CSM army or in your Daemon army. ;)

Don't hold your breath for Doomrider. I'm surprised GW even mentions him in the fluff sometimes still. Just make yourself a badass daemonic bike mounted model and use it as Daemon Prince with Wings. That way you can even switch between using him in your CSM army or in your Daemon army. ;)

I think doomrider has been off the tabletop longer then he had been on it at this point.

If you guys want the memerider, uh, doomrider back be sure to make an awesome meme about it and spam the boards.

I am certain GW will consider it if enough interest is shown. Could be Slaanesh's Sly :wink:

No.

Really looking forward to this codex. 6th and 7th made me shelf all my horrors, but this looks to make me want to dust them off again. Just wish i could get the exalted flamer without the chariot easier.

I put 2 flamers onto a 60mm base.  Nobody's had a problem with it yet.

Really looking forward to this codex. 6th and 7th made me shelf all my horrors, but this looks to make me want to dust them off again. Just wish i could get the exalted flamer without the chariot easier.

I put 2 flamers onto a 60mm base. Nobody's had a problem with it yet.

Probably wouldn't be too difficult to enlargen one of the small Flamers, there's plenty of other for bits you could use.

I've got three burning chariots magnetized to be either burning chariots and heralds on foot, or heralds on chariots plus exalted flamer on foot or exalted Flamers on foot and heralds on discs - it's pretty flexible!

Somebody mentioned on facebook that they have removed the option to take Slaanesh Heralds on a Seeker Chariot. Has anybody heard anything about this?

I ask because the index reduced the Seeker Chariot down to a unit of 1 instead of the 1 to 3 chariots and in 7th I was running the grand Cavalcade with 5 units of 2, so in 8th I was running a few Heralds on chariots so that I could use my Seeker Chariots.

I'm concerned that my Chariots have now been relegated to the shelf alongside my Sisters of Battle.

Somebody mentioned on facebook that they have removed the option to take Slaanesh Heralds on a Seeker Chariot. Has anybody heard anything about this?

I ask because the index reduced the Seeker Chariot down to a unit of 1 instead of the 1 to 3 chariots and in 7th I was running the grand Cavalcade with 5 units of 2, so in 8th I was running a few Heralds on chariots so that I could use my Seeker Chariots.

I'm concerned that my Chariots have now been relegated to the shelf alongside my Sisters of Battle.

If you want to play them you still can by taking the right detachments. However yes we got the rumour that Heralds lost their mount options.

Thanks for the confirmation sfpanzer.......unfortunately, most tournaments only allow one of each detachment in the UK, so my Grande Cavalcade will be joining my Sisters of Battle on the shelf.

I don't suppose the Seeker Chariot unit size has been put back to 1-3 chariots by any chance? 

Well with a Battalion Detachment, an Outrider Detachment and a Spearhead Detachment you'd still get 11 Seeker Chariots in your list. Plus some Seeker for the Outrider Detachment and some Daemonettes for the Battalion Detachment. The only really annoying thing here would be that the Heralds would be on foot.

However if you REALLY want to play a pure Chariot army then you can still just use the Index stuff for as long as it's legal to be honest.

No informations on unit sizes etc. so far but I doubt anything will change.

If you want to play them you still can by taking the right detachments. However yes we got the rumour that Heralds lost their mount options.

You can take units from the index in the same detachment as units from the codex.

Yeah I know.