Codex Chaos Daemons first in 2018

Panzer

I wonder if they will limit the mixed daemon abilities/ rules in the new codex as though heaps of chaos stuff has the daemon Keyword will GW stop the non Chaos Daemon units from benefiting from the new strategems relics etc by adding a new keyword since they are still a seperate faction even if they don't actually have a faction keyword

I think you are misunderstanding me (probably my fault) Strategems, relics and army traits etc generally are always limited to the faction in question like if f include raptors or Havocs in a in a DG force it is no longer considered a DG dettachment so I lose acces to the army rule plus I can't use the strategems. what I'm curious is will this be the case if I want to include Obliterators or bloat drones because yes they have the daemons Keyword but they won't be from the same faction. That's what I'm getting at, they are getting a codex so they are a completely seperate faction the same way CSM are to DG otherwise what's stopping you fielding an entire Dettachment where all the units in it share the daemon Keyword but are not even from the Chaos Daemons codex Still gaining access to relics, strategems and army rules Edited by Plaguecaster

Okay, so the FLG Signals video cast at time 31:44 they say "the demon codex is a gigantic change from the index"...

I'm hyped? What could it be? Huge swings in points/stats/strategems/stuffs??!!! (!!! !!!!! !!!!!!!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKxfd462Mb8 

Edited by Blackarmor_redtruth

I think you are misunderstanding me (probably my fault) Strategems, relics and army traits etc generally are always limited to the faction in question like if f include raptors or Havocs in a in a DG force it is no longer considered a DG dettachment so I lose acces to the army rule plus I can't use the strategems. what I'm curious is will this be the case if I want to include Obliterators or bloat drones because yes they have the daemons Keyword but they won't be from the same faction. That's what I'm getting at, they are getting a codex so they are a completely seperate faction the same way CSM are to DG otherwise what's stopping you fielding an entire Dettachment where all the units in it share the daemon Keyword but are not even from the Chaos Daemons codex Still gaining access to relics, strategems and army rules

Oh I see. Mmh I still don't think they'll do that. The DG Codex which is arguably the most nurgly thing you can take apart from nurgle daemons himself has the nurgle daemon units listed in the Codex but would lose access to the DG specific things if you were to take one of the daemon untis in the same detachments. It's not exactly the same thing you are talking about but close enough to draw that conclusion for me.

Anyway, the Daemon Codex is probably the one I'm looking forward to the most, not because I have a Daemon army (they are still only planned as auxiliary for my Slaanesh Marines) but because it's so different compared to the other factions and I want to see what GW is doing with them.

• 2 weeks later...

http://natfka.blogspot.de/2017/11/new-daemons-codex-great-unclean-one-and.html

"Visited the 40k Open day with friends yesterday, and got a sneaky peak at the rear of the new demon codex. No pictures though! Can confirm a new Great Unclean One model, Horticulous Slimux is in there and some kind of new Nurgle demon I have never seen before. The GUO is very similar in size to the Forgeworld version. The New demon was similar to plaguebearers in height but a lot bulkier. Only one too, so could be a new character/herald?

Didn't get a long look before being ushered away!"

First set of rumours

Edited by DeStinyFiSh

I would love new Nurgle models but that rumour sounds way too good to be true, a huge event like open day and only one person managed a sneaky look conviently seeing brand new models revealed on the back of a codex but then again I am a cynic who would love to be proved wrong as getting the snail rider in 40K would be awesome Edited by Plaguecaster

I would love new Nurgle models but that rumour sounds way too good to be true, a huge event like open day and only one person managed a sneaky look conviently seeing brand new models revealed on the back of a codex but then again I am a cynic who would love to be proved wrong as getting the snail rider in 40K would be awesome

It actually sounds extremely likely and is what many people already expected to come right after the DG release like it happened with the TSons and Tzeentch release. ^^

If the Codex didn't make Khorne better than its now, I will selll all my red demons and turn myself to Slaanesh

Or maybe just wait until it's time for GW to get to the whole World Eater and Khorne stuff before making such a decision? ;)

Or maybe just wait until it's time for GW to get to the whole World Eater and Khorne stuff before making such a decision?

It would make sense, if I collect World Eaters. But I can use daemon with my Black Legion only with their Codex probably.

But I like the idea. Khorne daemon's probably will become more popular with World Eater's release x) 

So, I have a n00b question, sorry: is this codex useful for a CSM and DG player? I'm guessing a detachment of daemons not included in the CSM/DG Codex would be nice. Or at least, a GUO for my DG seems like something I'd like.

Or maybe just wait until it's time for GW to get to the whole World Eater and Khorne stuff before making such a decision?

It would make sense, if I collect World Eaters. But I can use daemon with my Black Legion only with their Codex probably.

But I like the idea. Khorne daemon's probably will become more popular with World Eater's release x) 

I didn't say to use them together with World Eaters just that we're very likely to see a Khorne Daemon release wave once GW gets to releasing World Eater and Angron as they did with Tzeentch and now Nurgle as well.

So, I have a n00b question, sorry: is this codex useful for a CSM and DG player? I'm guessing a detachment of daemons not included in the CSM/DG Codex would be nice. Or at least, a GUO for my DG seems like something I'd like.

If it's worth it for you is something we can't say. It's up to you decide whether you want Daemons in your list or not.

It's also kinda hard to say on a general level since we obviously don't know how the Codex will turn out in january. ^^

But in terms of building a strong list list, then it probably won't help you much currently. CSM + Daemons aren't really stronger than CSM on their own. Same with DG. Chaos soup lists with FW Maleficient Lords, some CSM and Tzeentch Daemon spam used to be a thing on tournaments but after the point changes and GW saying they want to do something about Smite spam it's not really fair to recommend building such a list anymore imo.

tl;dr

Impossible to say without the Codex being released and without knowing the full extend of the Chapter Approved contents, however if you want to include Daemons in your list then it's probably going to be worth it obviously.

Edited by sfPanzer

I didn't say to use them together with World Eaters just that we're very likely to see a Khorne Daemon release wave once GW gets to releasing World Eater and Angron as they did with Tzeentch and now Nurgle as well.

Here is the thing that DG didn't get any demons or mechanics with them, so probably WE will not get anything, that can be used with Heretic Astarses keyword aside from something from Daemon Codex

I didn't say to use them together with World Eaters just that we're very likely to see a Khorne Daemon release wave once GW gets to releasing World Eater and Angron as they did with Tzeentch and now Nurgle as well.

Here is the thing that DG didn't get any demons or mechanics with them, so probably WE will not get anything, that can be used with Heretic Astarses keyword aside from something from Daemon Codex

Uhm...I didn't say they would? You are reading things I never wrote. Please stop jumping conclusions.

Mentioning the World Eaters only served as a time frame for when you can expect a Khorne Daaemon release. Nothing more, nothing less. If it's easier for you just ignore the whole World Eater thing and replace it with "soon-ish". :huh.:

Mentioning the World Eaters only served as a time frame for when you can expect a Khorne Daaemon release. Nothing more, nothing less. If it's easier for you just ignore the whole World Eater thing and replace it with "soon-ish"

Sorry, this is just my miunderstanding. Still have problems with English regardless my level. Now I see your point and agree with it

So why is the biggest issue people find with greater demons? I'm a fairly new demon player and not entirely sure what the problem is? Are they too vulnerable? Don't do enough damage?? 

Unclean one - to slow and not fat enough 

Keeper of secret - 12 wounds. 

Bloodthirster - only one of them competative, which WS is not degrading, with Axe and Lash, not too much attacks, he should increase his amount attack when degrading, like Lord of Skulls

Lord of Change - Good psyker, worth as a melee fighter. But without Changling can be killed as much fast as others.