Codex Chaos Daemons first in 2018

Panzer

So why is the biggest issue people find with greater demons? I'm a fairly new demon player and not entirely sure what the problem is? Are they too vulnerable? Don't do enough damage??

My biggest issue is that the Keeper of Secret model is ugly as heck. :D

Go go return of Blood Tithe and making the BT a *monster*. If they want him to be a bloody cc glass cannon then so be it! Crank that dial til it breaks

One of my favorite rules was how one of your Khorne-marked characters could explode into a Bloodthirster upon death. Fun and evocative rule... similar to the old way Greater Daemons manifested in 3rd-4th.

I can see a return of blood tithe for extended khorne rules in the upcoming codex and similar flavourfull rules for the extended rules for other armies if you play monogod daemon detachments.

Can't wait for the Codex!

Go go return of Blood Tithe and making the BT a *monster*. If they want him to be a bloody cc glass cannon then so be it! Crank that dial til it breaks

One of my favorite rules was how one of your Khorne-marked characters could explode into a Bloodthirster upon death. Fun and evocative rule... similar to the old way Greater Daemons manifested in 3rd-4th.
And it could make a return! Of course in matched play you'd have to pay reinforcement points for it but it still has it's uses and in narrative play it would be as strong and cool as before! ;)

So why is the biggest issue people find with greater demons? I'm a fairly new demon player and not entirely sure what the problem is? Are they too vulnerable? Don't do enough damage??

My biggest issue is that the Keeper of Secret model is ugly as heck. :D
Easy to find mods are easy.

https://www.creaturecaster.com/collections/full-collection/products/lady-of-corruption

https://www.creaturecaster.com/collections/full-collection/products/lady-of-depravity

https://www.creaturecaster.com/collections/full-collection/products/pincerdemon

My biggest issue is that the Keeper of Secret model is ugly as heck. :biggrin.:
Easy to find mods are easy.

https://www.creaturecaster.com/collections/full-collection/products/lady-of-corruption

https://www.creaturecaster.com/collections/full-collection/products/lady-of-depravity

https://www.creaturecaster.com/collections/full-collection/products/pincerdemon

I never said there aren't good replacements tho?

Edited by sfPanzer

For sure, it's a decent enough mini, per se. As a KoS, I think it's poor though. No claws. Too many boobs. Wings. It's noticeably outside of the GW aesthetic and I'm pretty sure the scale is wacky, too. I'm of the opinion that the only 'stock' model that is really suitable is Zarakynel, which is inconvenient for a broke Daemon player who needs only a KoS to complete their 2k army as she costs three times more than the Lady of Depravity.

'Pincer Demon', FYI, is only .5" shorter than Zarakynel.

Edited by Res Ipsa Loquitur

For sure, it's a decent enough mini, per se. As a KoS, I think it's poor though. No claws. Too many boobs. Wings. It's noticeably outside of the GW aesthetic and I'm pretty sure the scale is wacky, too. I'm of the opinion that the only 'stock' model that is really suitable is Zarakynel, which is inconvenient for a broke Daemon player who needs only a KoS to complete their 2k army as she costs three times more than the Lady of Depravity.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong in several areas of what you said.

It does have claws (2) underneath it's normal arms and there are numerous examples of daemons with weapons instead of claws.

Having too many boobs could certainly be a problem, but only if you don't like that many. I am of the opinion that it's a fine amount and you could always sand them down or use green stuff if you don't like it.

The wings are optional. What's really funny is that it comes with two large optional claws if you don't like the wings (which btw, would take the amount of claws up to 4).

Actually, it perfectly fits and goes really well with the Jaun Diaz daemonettes.

As far as I'm concerned, for greater daemons, scale shouldn't matter. Daemons come in all shapes and sizes.

Lol if that's the reason you don't like it as KoS then you are extremely limited in your model choice. A counts-as obviously doesn't share 100% of the original models features.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong in several areas of what you said.

It does have claws (2) underneath it's normal arms and there are numerous examples of daemons with weapons instead of claws.

Having too many boobs could certainly be a problem, but only if you don't like that many. I am of the opinion that it's a fine amount and you could always sand them down or use green stuff if you don't like it.

The wings are optional. What's really funny is that it comes with two large optional claws if you don't like the wings (which btw, would take the amount of claws up to 4).

Actually, it perfectly fits and goes really well with the Jaun Diaz daemonettes.

As far as I'm concerned, for greater daemons, scale shouldn't matter. Daemons come in all shapes and sizes.

Ya, isn't it odd that two opinions of a very subjective nature should differ. 

Not really sure why the fact that you can give it eight arms (wrong) or four claws (wrong) instead of wings (wrong) and six arms (wrong) is a rebuttal to a charge of the model being 'wrong' for a KoS, or why the fact that it can be converted is either. Any model can be converted, if you have the skill or the patience. I have neither. Point taken on the scale/size issue. 

Lol if that's the reason you don't like it as KoS then you are extremely limited in your model choice. A counts-as obviously doesn't share 100% of the original models features.

Quite. See above re subjectivity.

I would just rather not shoehorn in a mini that, IMO, doesn't fit. I'd rather go without, or even gimp myself by running a 6.5" tall model as a regular KoS.

It's like people have differing priorities when they're building an army, eh? 

For the bonuses they already have, likely not. For any additional bonuses, likely. The Daemons Codex is rumored to change a lot of how Daemons work so... Coin toss I suppose.

Yeah I believe that's how it'll turn out and I'm more than fine with it to be honest. ^^