Dark angel book leaks! Rules

Time of madness

I want to believe but the Lion's rules seem a bit... Unrealistic?

He's basically Guilliman - I'm OK with this, but then everything is a bit better which makes me pause.

Gain CP back on a 4+

Invul saves for units around him

extra hits in combat

I guess it's possible.... Cost would be crazy.

Mortarion wasn't better than Magnus, he was different. This is basically RG+1?

Edited by Ishagu

He's basically Guilliman - I'm OK with this, but then everything is a bit better which makes me pause.

Gain CP back on a 4+

extra hits in combat

I hate to agree with my B&C Smurfy arch nemesis, but it does seem a tad unrealistic. As for the 'Mortarion was hyped months in advance' thing, yea thats true but a lot of people got sick of them dragging out the Death Guard release (and Necromunda) and moved on to something else, maybe GW have took note.  

It was either Hope or Despair that was already destroyed by the Lion channeling psychic energy through it like a Force weapon would to destroy a greater daemon. Unless the Lion was so sentimental as to rename another weapon with the same name, one of those two isn't correct.

Also seems odd seeing as there are plastic bits to make Sableclaw. Maybe they will do away withe old Ravenwing sprue though, and so Sableclaw may indeed go away (or the sprue only be offered on-line, along with WD/pdf rules).

No idea if these rumors have any merit though.

Edited by shabbadoo

Leaks??? - I do not think it means what you think it means. :)

Gain CP back on a 4+

extra hits in combat

Except he has no crazy back from the dead rules. Seems fair to me.

A Primarch release with no buildup still seems unlikely though. Guilliman and Magnus were both on the back of 3 book campaigns and Mortarion was on the back of 8th Edition shake ups. Seems like wishlisting to me...

I’m also worried that, if true, every single lion and eagle from the rumour engine is going to be on him. That would be bad.

Edited by Corswain

Posted · Hidden by Interrogator Stobz, November 9, 2017 - No longer needed, clean up to avoid the carry on
Hidden by Interrogator Stobz, November 9, 2017 - No longer needed, clean up to avoid the carry on

Source?

I come back from a long hiatus, when did our family become so rude?

Source? From Time of Madness. It's a rumor. Why you need sources? Either believe or don't believe. Why do a lot of people feel the need to question people? It might be fake? Even if it is, so what? Take it as you will. 

Because providing a source contextualises and frames the potential validity and as a result the amount of mental/emotional investment in the contemplation of the new rules.  Its a PERFECTLY acceptable question to ask - especially when a community puts in so much time and effort into their respective armies.  

Every Frater will undoubtedly  "take it as they will"  -  but in order to do so, a little context is helpful to them.  

And tau can deepstrike within 9" with the stealth suits homing beacon...i think all the rules listed are in other armies so it all seems feasible? And the 4+ invulnerable to other units is just the lion helm surely? Edited by Matt_149

And tau can deepstrike within 9" with the stealth suits homing beacon...i think all the rules listed are in other armies so it all seems feasible?

A wad of deathwing terminators is significantly more terrifying. Especially with a banner that allows them to fire twice before punching face.

You seen the nid models that shoot twice when they don't move? The imperial tanks that shoot twice if they drive slowly? The more I look at the other codex and index armies the more similar stratagems rules I see. But I'm sure this will end up being a massive troll.......

The supposed leak there seems terrible. Like others have said it seems like a mash up between 6th ed codex, the index, and a wishlist.

I started questioning it at the plasma focus, as all the DA have received in that vein is a termite heavy weapon and bikes (which is a lot, but every bad DA rumor focuses on plasma).

And the plasma land speeder.

Maybe the leaker just messed up with the plasma stratagem and the Shroud giving a cover save.

But Hold at All Cost and Rapid Maneuvers are like other codicies warlord traits but massively better and also aura bubbles.

Thanks for posting these rumours. Amazing if any of this is true.

It’s stirring the blood. Worth dusting off the Terminator armour again. Deathwing might be a ‘thing’ with their nice buffs. But overall some cool Unforgiven ‘character’ coming back into the mix :yes:

Loving the Lion too, but, really??

Cheers

I

The supposed leak there seems terrible. Like others have said it seems like a mash up between 6th ed codex, the index, and a wishlist.

I started questioning it at the plasma focus, as all the DA have received in that vein is a termite heavy weapon and bikes (which is a lot, but every bad DA rumor focuses on plasma).

I feel the same.

Ravenwing

Rapid Manoeuvres

Your warlord and any RAVENWING units within 6" of him may add 2" to all move, Advance and charge distances and add +1 to all JINK rolls

Shroud of Heroes

The shroud of heroes confers a 4+ cover save and for each unsaved wound roll a D6 on a 6+ the save is ignored

I thought both of jink and cover saves were gone in 8th?

Edited by UsernameTaken

The main thing that kills jink for me is that you need to advance to use it. With the bikes already formidable move you don't really need to advance, moreover you're loosing shooting phase completely. And ravenwing dudes apart from black knights are no melee fighters.

Not surprising at all that they remove sableclaw. Given that everything else has been removed that doesn’t have a model. The GK dreadknight GM is the only exception and tbh you don’t even have to convert that lol. Be really interesting though if we still get to keep all our bike characters since those have no models and in SM codex they are gone

Sableclaw doesn't have a dedicated model, but there are bitz in the Ravenwing Bike Squadron that are specifically to make a twin heavy bolter and a twin assault cannon, clearly with the intent for players to mate them up with a Land Speeder model to make Sammael.  Plus, the Master of the Ravenwing's land speeder has been an option open to DA players since 3rd edition.  Corvex has only been a thing since late 4th ed.  Removing Sableclaw would alienate the very audience the Dark Angels codex is written for, and leave the Ravenwing Bike Squadron box with a bunch of bitz that have no use.  I'm extremely skeptical GW would do that.

Each Primarch to date has been thematically involved in an on-going campaign. Magnus had the Fenris campaign association, Guilliman had the Acadia campaign, and Mortarion was at the end of the Konor campaign featuring the Death Guard. It doesn't have to be a campaign, but it would make more sense for the Lion to come back due to DA involvement in something "big".

Each Primarch to date has been thematically involved in an on-going campaign. Magnus had the Fenris campaign association, Guilliman had the Acadia campaign, and Mortarion was at the end of the Konor campaign featuring the Death Guard. It doesn't have to be a campaign, but it would make more sense for the Lion to come back due to DA involvement in something "big".

Maybe its Christmas and he's bringing presents to all the good kids :D