Dark angel book leaks! Rules

Time of madness

The best thing Games Workshop could do is fully embrace the insane amounts of secrecy that surround the Dark Angels and sign everyone involved in the next Codex and miniatures to ironclad non-disclosure agreements with draconian penalties. That way everything is released with absolutely no fanfare. Each Codex should come with a dust jacket with Codex: Adeptus Astartes logos over the actual Codex of sinister Inner Circle types. Every page has material that is redacted or cut out. The modeling and army list sections should have headers and descriptions for “Space Marine Captain” instead of “Company Master.” Dark Angels should have access to everything Codex-adherent Space Marines have plus all sorts of Unforgiven-specific stuff, and be priced accordingly.

So on and so forth! ;)

Edited by Phoebus

They had me until I read the banner. That is broken worse than anything I’ve seen in any new codexes and becomes an instant tournament rick roll. I couldn’t take any of it seriously after that.

But if I am wrong then I would say this sets a larger precedence. Since the new regime we really haven’t seen substantial leaks outside of 1990’s cellphone pictures taken in dimly lit warehouses the week before a release. So for this reason alone I can’t personally believe this. GW has been tight and without any planned ‘leaks’ for several months now.

Posted · Hidden by Interrogator Stobz, November 9, 2017 - OT
Hidden by Interrogator Stobz, November 9, 2017 - OT

Source?

I come back from a long hiatus, when did our family become so rude?

Source? From Time of Madness. It's a rumor. Why you need sources? Either believe or don't believe. Why do a lot of people feel the need to question people? It might be fake? Even if it is, so what? Take it as you will.

You think I'm rude? Oh boy you are in for a treat!

It's a legit question.

Its a rumour so it originated somewhere. I asked for the source.

Let me rephrase.

Source, please?

Maybe I am old. Your "legit" question was on word. This being the internet we have to be careful how we word our questions. In real life if someone said this, I would consider this rude, or at least lazy. 

After all you could have said " May you please rely your source from?" Five extra words. If it really was a legit question, why not legitimately ask the question instead of being lazy or rude. Just because this is the internet, it doesn't give us the excuse to being lazy or in other cases rude. While you may not have been in your opinion rude about it, lots of people are rude when they say it like you have.

So since you replied and took offence to me calling you rude, don't be upset when people think that. After all you could have added 5 extra words to make you not look rude.

Again, I am old. We were taught not to talk like this, and even in writing never to do this. Hopefully you see my point now and why I call people out on it. :)

Davor

+++SNIP+++

Even BOLS is saying take with a grain of salt. Not filling me with much confidence....

Although, I always take a stance that if BOLS says it, the opposite is likely true so maybe this will all pan out after all. :wink:

Edited by Interrogator Stobz
OT

Do we know when the 'War of Secrets' book by Phil Kelly is due to come out? It seems like the perfect opportunity to foreshadow (or even cover) the Lion's return. If it's due early December, that could lend some credence to these rumours, although I remain doubtful.

Thought for the day: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

Okay. A local player moved up to GW 2 years ago and sometimes is willing to share some non-descript information. I will share the information I got from him:

Seems unlikely. As far as I know, Necromunda is the last major release planned for 2017 and the publishing team is already locked in 2 big halls with no-entry signs and they are clearly fussing about with AoS armies - which again confirms that 2018 up until May should be heavily focused on AoS releases. It's very hard to say if there is something as major planned in such short schedule. Possible, but imho unlikely.

I would be of course extremely happy if he were wrong.

Edited by Chmur

Okay. A local player moved up to GW 2 years ago and sometimes is willing to share some non-descript information. I will share the information I got from him:

Seems unlikely. As far as I know, Necromunda is the last major release planned for 2017 and the publishing team is already locked in 2 big halls with no-entry signs and they are clearly fussing about with AoS armies - which again confirms that 2018 up until May should be heavily focused on AoS releases. It's very hard to say if there is something as major planned in such short schedule. Possible, but imho unlikely.

Except GW has already confirmed on their site that the DA codex is in fact coming this year

Except GW has already confirmed on their site that the DA codex is in fact coming this year

Codex? Yes. No argument about that. Codex are not major releases. Lion would be.

Here is a thought, GW use the secrecy angel of DA to stealth in what would be considered a "Major" release just in time for X-Mas.  This has two financial effects buffed codex/model sales and lower marketing costs as no fan fair.  This can show good holiday numbers to investors.    Also the gaming stand point is it puts 40k primarchs in balance just before a long stint of AoS stuff.  With the imperium and chaos steady and chapter approved stop gaping xenos it is a good way to put 40k on the back burner.  The logic of the Lion coming out now is there.  

And tau can deepstrike within 9" with the stealth suits homing beacon...i think all the rules listed are in other armies so it all seems feasible?

A wad of deathwing terminators is significantly more terrifying. Especially with a banner that allows them to fire twice before punching face.

People need to take note that this Deepstrike within 9" ability happens at the *beginning* of the Dark Angels Movement Phase, meaning any Ravenwing unit enabling this ability had to end its movement very close to the enemy the turn before (i.e. such that it is almost definitely very vulnerable to a full turn of enemy shooting/assaulting) or the enemy has to be beyond cooperative, like, "Let's totally move as close to that Ravenwing unit as possible so that Deathwing can then Deepstike in and shoot/assault us! W00t!!!" Or...it isn't as if nearby enemy units can not simply just move away...

So, it is not like this is all broken to hell or anything and, as to the shooting banner, the Deathwing wouldn't need to be within 9" to fully use that anyways. The Tau Stealth Suit homing beacon is even less useful, seeing as the Tau very definitely do not want to ever be within Assault range of anything but Gretchin. :wink:

I'll see if I can get any sort of confirmation on any of this info later this evening.  Probably a few weeks too early for that at this point, but you never know.

Edited by shabbadoo

Do we know when the 'War of Secrets' book by Phil Kelly is due to come out? It seems like the perfect opportunity to foreshadow (or even cover) the Lion's return. If it's due early December, that could lend some credence to these rumours, although I remain doubtful.

Amazon has it listed with a release date of 26 June.

Thanks Cypher102, I guess that clears that up Edited by TheWeepingAngel

Ok. Lets put some money on whether or not sableclaw makes it lol.

I already have, I built the flipping thing last week! If GW have removed it I'll show them my displeasure in true Internet fashion: by making passive-aggressive threats on forums and blog comment sections to never buy GW again, rant about them selling their customers down the river and never, ever engage with anyone at the company except in snarky Twitter tags.

Thanks Cypher102, I guess that clears that up

Not entirely...

A few weeks ago I saw people quoting Ruinstorm on Reddit, and I thought to myself "great, a new Heresy book to read!". Promptly logged on to Amazon, which had a release date of well into next year (January perhaps). Checked the Black Library website, and lo and behold it was available to download! A few days later, it was also available to download on Amazon.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...the Amazon release dates aren't exactly the most reliable.

Well, it's interesting. I haven't played 8th yet, but the rumours seem, on the face of it, to be quite powerful if they are true. I don't know whether that makes it more or less likely for thme to be true though. A primarch model would be good, although I really, really hope it's a good model. I wasn't terribly impressed with Mortarion (although the studio colour scheme probably had something to do with that!).

Natfka now reporting these are likely false. Doesn’t mean they are, doesn’t mean they’re not. Just more info.

For me, puts the final nail in the coffin. I really wanted Deathwing to be cool again though. :(

Edited by Corswain