Dark angel book leaks! Rules

Time of madness

Forget the crappy Thunderfire cannon.

Why not buy some FW Quad Mortars? CHEAPER kit, better looking model, much better rules :-D

Back to the Lion. I'd be OK if the Lion had the same aura as Guilliman. It would make sense. The rest of the rules would need to be different in some way.

Edited by Ishagu

What makes me think the Lion is next is Cypher's whole involvement with the Gathering Storm in the first place. All he did was break Guilliman out of jail and then just followed him to Terra without much mention. They could have easily had the story without Cypher, but they didn't. So either GW has something planned for Cypher that as far as I'm concerned has to be connected to the Lion, or GW writers need to consider the relevance of their story arcs better.

GW writers don't get to decide whose in Triumvirate sets.

The miniatures design team makes models and then the other guys have to work out how and when to sell them, Cypher was in Gathering Storm because someone wanted to do a new sculpt for him and then there was no real slot in the schedule to put him in because the rules team knew they weren't going to do another full Chaos marines codex before 8th ed just like Celestine and Greyfax were only in Gathering Storm 1 because there wasn't a proper Sisters/Inquisition release to put them in and Voldus is an irrelevant under-characterized afterthought who looks like he was just thrown in because he basically was.

The narrative is not a plan, the narrative is marketing.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

...Not being rude, but the original poster having a grand total of 18 posts doesn't fill me with great amounts of trust... if it were Atia or some other closer to home leaker i'd feel more trusting... 

I'd love The lion to come out but sooo not holding my breath...:down:

Mithril

I'm with you on this. I will believe it when I see it.

Seeing the exact same post right down to the cut and paste nature on BOLS may have given it some credence but still add salt liberally to this. We are Dark Angels, we don't trust things blindly. They will be verified by the Interrogator-Chaplains and the Librarians down in Cell 42.

For now, it is just another ranting from a captured Fallen.

Why not buy some FW Quad Mortars? CHEAPER kit, much better rules :-D

I don't want a Quad Mortar, I want a ThunderFire Cannon.

And I'd love a darkshroud :-D

Then go buy some dark angels... :biggrin.:

Mithril

+++SNIP+++

Considering that DA and BA are being released together or at least same month, it it unlikely the Lion will be released. I have to agree that he will make part of a campaign.

Unfortunately, next year I can see Russ (GW does love SW) and maybe EC. Fulgrim has been mentioned a few times so far, and that rumour engine snake thing image makes me believe he will be coming soon.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz
Unnecessary discussion about posting styles

A Pythos campaign next year sounds great. Any DA related developments are great.

Fingers crossed that GW is gearing up to something, although models seem unlikely seperate to the codex release. But hey, GW has changed things up a lot in the last couple years, who knows what they’ll do.

Posted · Hidden by Grand Master Belial, November 10, 2017 - Inappropriate Content
Hidden by Grand Master Belial, November 10, 2017 - Inappropriate Content

Why would some butthole make these rules up?

Because they knew you would come look? Anything is worth 15 minutes of internet fame.

The book on Pythos (caled Pandorax i believe) is a book about catachans, grey knights, and dark angels, and azrael is indeed a big part of that, but i dont think that adds or detracts anything about the Lion. The primarch is never mentioned in that book.

And love for SW? doesn't seem like GW loves SW right now.  They screwed up their index, theres more in the FAQ about SW than the index, and now they're getting some patch rules in Chapter Approved....likely indicateing a new codex is not near on the horizon....and latest 40k book im reading is about some issues on Fenris....

You can have one using the keywords, it just won't benefit from the DA buffs.

I want one that benefits from the DA buffs. What ever those end up being. 

Something that just came to me... they are saying that the DA and the BA codices are coming before Xmas... could they possibly be releasing a combined codex? Kind of an 'Angels of Death 2.0'?

I want one that benefits from the DA buffs. What ever those end up being.

Something that just came to me... they are saying that the DA and the BA codices are coming before Xmas... could they possibly be releasing a combined codex? Kind of an 'Angels of Death 2.0'?

I also though this. But I think they already showed the covers. We're getting 6th ed cover

I also though this. But I think they already showed the covers. We're getting 6th ed cover

Is that the official cover? or just the image they attached to the 'leak'?

The covers were released on Warhammer community. Plus, why would gw do that? No way they would do a two for the price of one deal.

EDIT - fixed what my phone broke.

Edited by twopounder