Took my wife to warhammer world today...

Tamika

Frankly, this discussion doesn't appear to have much potential to help anyone enjoy the hobby (see the B&C Mission Statement in the forum rules linked in my signature).

The paraphrasing of the OP's wife might be construed as insulting to pretty much anyone that enjoys the hobby, and the comments show that some of us aren't much better in retaliation.

Many people that enjoy the hobby have to deal with friends and/or family members, not to mention complete strangers, and how they view the hobby, especially when they look down upon it (for whatever reason). It's fairly easy to brush such comments off from other family members and friends, but coming from a spouse does make things more challenging. The fact of the matter, however, is that everyone has things they like to do that others don't respect - whether that's people that binge-watch television programs, writing poetry (or worse, reading it out loud), playing fantasy football (not Blood Bowl), off-roading, watching My Little Pony, or whatever. This hobby just happens to be about painting and playing games with little toy soldiers. Accept it for what it is and, if your wife doesn't like it, oh well. At least she didn't give you an ultimatum along the lines of "it's your little plastic toys or it's me, babe" (hopefully).

She doesn't have to like the game, but as long as she's willing to let you spend money and time on the hobby, you don't really have a problem.

I'm going to close this discussion now since we're teetering on the edge.

Archived