HTH Vs a Primarch?

RoadRunna

A Thunderhammer or two are good too.

On a dedicated primarch hunting unit I would even take 10 lol. Thunder hammers save lives. Unless you're fighting vs primarch who's immune to con. you should definitely take them. In second round you'll be striking simultaneously which means he won't kill your stuff before they swing.

I also recommend a chaplain or divination librarian for rerolls. Though I would rather take a chaplain since he give's you fearless, so no fear checks and no retreat. All in cataphractii package.

But most of all I think guns are better (and more humilating). ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, it is hard to give a blanket unit that will work against all primarchs. For example, I run Curze, and even a Contemptor will stop him dead in his tracks (grumble grumble S6, grumble grumble) whereas other primarchs would rip through them.

As mentioned above, some good options against all primarchs are:

Leviathans (those snippy claws causing extra wounds),

Chaplains/any fearless provider,

Cataphractii armour (sweet sweet invun).

Otherwise, you could tarpit them? Don't necessarily have to kill the primarch to neuter them for the battle, by getting them caught somewhere less than useful to your opponent. Now cheaper armies like warp cults/militia can do this easier, but we do get some reasonably cheap models in the LA rules that could be used as a roadblock.