Sisters in Heralds of ruin

Atrus

Just had a look at the 8th ed adaptation for Heralds of Ruin Killteams.

I like what they did for Acts of Faith. Basically you get the standard 2+ roll for the army wide, after that you can roll again gor one on a 3+ again on 4+ etc and keep going till you cant roll any more (7+) or you fail a roll.

Imagifier grant a +1 modifier to each faith roll.

Personally i think this works quite well (in my head). What are other peoples thoight on this and the HoR adaptation for us in general?

Hum, pretty standard looking I think. What made the 7E version of them interesting was the expanded armoury, which seems to be more or less gone. Making all of those units core makes them feel a bit less special too (no pun intended). Then most of the Leaders moved into the Special section. I guess I liked the more restrictive army building in a skirmish setting like this. It was neat that Seraphim and Celestians felt rare and special and you really had to make space for them in your list, but you could still do themed lists by taking the Mistress or Seraphim Superior as your leader. All of that made sense to me and fit the smaller scale setting.

This is just the standard 40k unit roles but you buy models individually, and they forgot to change the Palatine stat line name from Canoness, and the Seraphim and Celestine Superiors still both say “Battle Sister” :P

It doesn’t look bad, I’d still probably play it, it just looks bland where the previous iteration was compelling to me.

Yes agreed. Definately no cheesy hijinks like the last edition. Though i get the feeling its like the index in that its a tie over till everything is updated and then they flesh it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I logged in to talk about this, my area did a couple HoR campaigns and SOB was the most boring army and for sure not the strongest, you need to play like that to make them more fun and work well.

Tho i havent played in over 8months and i know they change rules time to time, they might have updated or change SOB since then.

I dont know about that. I had a lot of fun with sisters back in 7th HoR- my repentia list in our local groups campaign was greatly feared.

The change to 8th, yes, has put them in a pretty bland spot, but the same can be said for most armies right now. All the happy hijinks and stacking benefits and buffs arent there anymore, but this is because HoR and just trying to get everything released so everyone can play what they want. Really this is HoRs "index" phase. Once thats done im sure we'll see more intrigue come in.

I mean how many people are writing these things? Last i heard, it was only 1 person. Thats a lot to get done.

I tried mry old narrative list a few weeks ago- palatine, celestians, hospitaller and imagifier (which is amazing). It was thoroughly stomped by a friends primaris.

Next game i pulled out the seraphim list and they absolutely wrecked face.

I suppose it depends.on what you play for. If you play for creating the perfect kill team optimised for the raw power etc, ueah sisters can be "boring" but still quite strong (decked out jump palatine and seraphim with faith lay on a LOT of hurt). Play for story (which is heavily how we play in my area) and they are quite fun.

We tried to help a lot when we where playing, one of our guys wrote A LOT for them, i mean some really good stuff (the owner of our local) to help out with the GSC stuff and they just argued with him, but how they where doing it, it wasnt even working properly. I was really helping with the Harlequins (at the time they were way to good) and gave something like 15 bat reps, i gave only 2 Batreps of SoB. They didnt care for them and disagreed with batreps.. "IDK how you do that?" so we stopped playing due to 8th came out and we were even more discouraged due to helping for no reason.

Edit: They do have multi-people working on them fyi, at least for the harlequins, corsairs, SoB and nids hey did when we were playing.

I actually liked it a lot and wanted to make some videos, we had 15+ players playing it at the time. Doing 3 games per week. So its something i'm still interested in. Please let me know how your games go and what you are taking :smile.:

Edited by Maddpainting

Well I've only managed to get 2 games in thus far on account of a heap of work.

My first game i shall not mention as the dice gods were not with me on that one and it would be a waste of posting space it was that horrible.

My second game was much better...

Palatine 40

Rosarius 10

Inferno 9

Veil 10

Blessed sword 15

Blessed armour 15

Jump pack 5

(I know the items arent called blessed but i dont like the actual names)

Seraphim 11x5= 55

2x2 inferno 36

Seraphim superior 19

Rosarius 10

Plasma 7

Maul 4

Imagifier 15

Opponent was fielding primaris with sergent leader and a couple of flamestorm aggressors.

Imagifier pulled its weight the whole game bagging me 4-5 acts of faith per turn thanks to the +1. Because of this, seraphim dominated the field, securing early objectives forcing the slow primaris the trudge it up. Predictably, inferno pistol reaped a lot of damage. What didnt die to infernos was usually knocked flat and finished off in combat.

Palatine wrecked face. She went after the aggressors which were buddying up on an objective. She jumped into cover outside of charge range. Opponent unleashed on her in his turn. By the end of my following turn, she had tanked over 50 wounds and thanks to rerolls from the armour, failed only 1 (2+ from cover makes a difference). She alone took out both aggressors, a primaris and the primaris leader singlehandedly with a combination of normal phase and acts of faith.

Being able to manouvre so well puts seraphim in a powerful position to take choice cover spots.

I dont know how this list would fare against the more mobby armies- probably not well, one time hand flamers would be good i suppose.

Overall i enjoyed this list and i need to finish painting most these girls to make em look sweet on the table...and get the hourse ruled extra rp for fully painted team.

Edited by Atrus

Just had a look at the 8th ed adaptation for Heralds of Ruin Killteams.

I like what they did for Acts of Faith. Basically you get the standard 2+ roll for the army wide, after that you can roll again gor one on a 3+ again on 4+ etc and keep going till you cant roll any more (7+) or you fail a roll.

Imagifier grant a +1 modifier to each faith roll.

Personally i think this works quite well (in my head). What are other peoples thoight on this and the HoR adaptation for us in general?

I think winning tournaments for free sounds fun, so I wouldn't mind the AoF thing. I never did get to experience playing craftworld Eldar in 7th after all...