Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rebasing my 4th edition Eldar force. What base sizes.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Brother Captain Firelupus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
  • Faction: Flame Wolves

Hello All,

So I have decided to take a break from my Flame wolves for the moment to rebase my Old Eldar army.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for what units have what base sizes. 

My Wraithlords and Warwalkers are the old metal ones on square 40mm bases. 

But i want to ensure the rest of my army is compliant as well.

Many thanks in Adance

Autarch Firelupus.

My three armies for 8th Edition 40K.

The Flame Wolves Chapter. Motto: 'igne purgabitur' - By Fire be Purged

Craftworld IL-KAITHE - Autarch Firelupus Commanding. 

Black Hearts Kabal , Shard of the Breathless Host, Fire Wolf Splinter - Archon He'rach Commanding.

Name                         Games Played 8th Ed 2017 / 2018  Miniatures Painted 2017 / 2018

Flame Wolves                                         8- 1 - 17  /  0 -0 - 0                                     6 / 0

Craftworld IL-Kaithe                               7 - 0 - 4  /  12 -1- 6                                  42 / 23

Flame Wolf Splinter, Black Hearts              0-0-0 / 5-0-4                                        0 / 0                      

My blog http://necrarch.blogspot.com.au/

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,738 posts
Units no longer have mandatory base sizes in 40K so you don't have to worry about being compliant. You can even keep the old square bases if you want.

If you want to upgrade for looks then the current plastic Wraithlord and War Walkers are both on 60mm circular bases. My metal Wraithlords are still on 40mm bases though and it does not cause a problem.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,465 posts
The 40mm is a little small for wraithlords, mines toes poke off the end. They'd look good on a 50mm. 60 mm might be pushing it for the old small metal wraithlords, unless they're dynamically posed.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
  • Faction: Flame Wolves

thank you both.

My three armies for 8th Edition 40K.

The Flame Wolves Chapter. Motto: 'igne purgabitur' - By Fire be Purged

Craftworld IL-KAITHE - Autarch Firelupus Commanding. 

Black Hearts Kabal , Shard of the Breathless Host, Fire Wolf Splinter - Archon He'rach Commanding.

Name                         Games Played 8th Ed 2017 / 2018  Miniatures Painted 2017 / 2018

Flame Wolves                                         8- 1 - 17  /  0 -0 - 0                                     6 / 0

Craftworld IL-Kaithe                               7 - 0 - 4  /  12 -1- 6                                  42 / 23

Flame Wolf Splinter, Black Hearts              0-0-0 / 5-0-4                                        0 / 0                      

My blog http://necrarch.blogspot.com.au/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users