Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New BA Codex incoming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
597 replies to this topic

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,271 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines
lol you might be right!

-~Ishagu~-

Caldersson

Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,074 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood of Fenris
I hope the BA get some much needed love and care, in some form other than just a unique Primaris. I also hope you guys get multiple tactics for BA, death company, Flesh Readers and maybe some others, so you have slightly different flavors to play.

Finally some updated models. After reading "Dante" I looked up Sanguinor model and was mildly disappointed. It describes him like a model that should be in action pose ready to rush into combat.
Challenges Completed:sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg<p> Looking to buy Wulfen or SW Termie shields, send me a PM.

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,366 posts

BA have been on the back burner for a while. SM and SW players had it very well for quite some time. I hope BA will get some identity of their own outside of being red Marines.

• Sete, Caldersson and sfPanzer like this

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,824 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cadian 317th

sopranos.png

• SanguiniusReborn likes this

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

Karhedronuk

Karhedronuk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts

Finally some updated models. After reading "Dante" I looked up Sanguinor model and was mildly disappointed. It describes him like a model that should be in action pose ready to rush into combat.

In some ways the Sanguinor sculpt has aged worse than the much older Dante sculpt. It was one of the earliest models to be posed in the air but looks oddly static. It is also influenced heavily by Crucifixion statues. If the Sanguinor got redone, I imagine we would see something a lot more like a Stormcast Celestant-Prime.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

pandion40

pandion40

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 37 posts
I just looked up the Stormcast Celestant-Prime, it looks cool. I hadn’t thought of the Sanguinor as an outdated model, probably as I’ve barely used him, love the concept but the execution like the last few BA codexes is decidedly muh. Hope they boost his power level significantly in our new codex, a primarch level model and power level is what I want from him.

I think most of the BA characters need a new model, unfortunately I think all we’ll get is the codex, but as long as the rules are good I can live with that.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,271 posts
If Sangunius isn't back, why not just make a new Sanguinor on a par with a Daemon Prince or something, and with suitable model to match? People would love it
  • Sete and HCMistborn like this

-~Ishagu~-

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,460 posts

The rules for the model is out of touch with the working fluff. His stats should be a bit higher. I agree, Stromcast Celestant-Prime is probably the best comparison with how the character should look and feel like. In fact, I'm thinking of some modeling potential already...

Edited by Spagunk, 08 November 2017 - 02:13 PM.

• Aothaine likes this

The best article I have read in a long time: http://www.alternet....e/132859?page=1
"[I] still find it funny that the you have to look to Jon Stewart and Rolling Stone to get something close to the truth" - One of my Co-workers

"What I believe is that all clear-minded people should remain two things throughout their lifetimes: Curious and teachable" - Roger Ebert

Rest in Peace Brother Edwards
sml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_3052.gifgallery_62972_10568_31437.jpgcfb4eba4-62e6-4845-bad0-2ec9c22d1da8.jpggallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

BA have been on the back burner for a while. SM and SW players had it very well for quite some time. I hope BA will get some identity of their own outside of being red Marines.

BA have always had an identity of their own and never needed wacky models or fur coats to pull it off.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 08 November 2017 - 02:08 PM.

• Vel'Cona and Irbis like this

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,366 posts

BA have always had an identity of their own and never needed wacky models or fur coats to pull it off.

In terms of fluff and models, sure. But I never felt it in their lists. A lot of times SW outperformed them in melee and SM in shooting.
  • sfPanzer likes this

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,002 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons

If Sangunius isn't back, why not just make a new Sanguinor on a par with a Daemon Prince or something, and with suitable model to match? People would love it

I agree. Would be insta buy for me.

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,929 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Tears

When you say suitable model, what do you mean? I don't like the current one's pose, but it's otherwise spot on and I'd not like to see him get supersized or have lots of trailing parchment with flimsy connection points to the base if he were to be done again?

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,271 posts
Something like the Celestant Prime but less OTT?

I'm thinking slightly smaller than Guilliman sized, wings etc

-~Ishagu~-

Karhedronuk

Karhedronuk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts
Since it seems unlikely that Sanguinius will return himself (what with being 50 Shades of Dead), a suped-up Sanguinor able to go toe-to-toe with the Primarchs would be a decent substitute. Something a bit more dynamic like this artwork would be good. I would like to see him diving into the fray rather than floating.

Sanguinor_Leviathan.png
  • Sete likes this

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,002 posts

Since it seems unlikely that Sanguinius will return himself (what with being 50 Shades of Dead), a suped-up Sanguinor able to go toe-to-toe with the Primarchs would be a decent substitute. Something a bit more dynamic like this artwork would be good. I would like to see him diving into the fray rather than floating.

Sanguinor_Leviathan.png

Characters need dynamic poses. Khan and Seth are 2 great examples. Front line leaders should have charging into combat pose. Leave the pointing swords to the guard or other races that lead from the back.
  • sfPanzer likes this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 907 posts

As much as I would want Sanguinius to come back I just don't think I could justify any story bringing him back. We'll have to see though.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,016 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

as highlighted in "The Black Legion"

Even Astartes officers role is to direct their forces. The specific scenario even has said Astartes commanding from the bridge of a ship because its his duty rather than being on the front line where he might like to be.

Characters like Dante are depicted as leading assaults when needed, and being in the thick of it, but also stepping back (or in dantes case flying up!) to get a view of the wider picture and orchestrate their warriors from there.

I think the Sanguinor being in a pose that is supposed to inspire hope is even more fitting than one where he's going all out combat style.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,002 posts
But you know what they say about hope...

sockwithaticket

sockwithaticket

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,929 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Tears

Something like the Celestant Prime but less OTT?

I'm thinking slightly smaller than Guilliman sized, wings etc

Righto. To be honest that would be an instant non-purchase for me as he's supposed to be more or less astartes sized (unless I've missed some fluff, which is eminently possible). His depiction has always been as a slightly more blinged up Sanguinary Guard member and I quite like that this quasi-mythic figure of prodigious martial beat-stickery is fairly unassuming in appearance.

Crimson Tears, Deathwatch and Inquisition WIP thread (most recent page):
http://www.bolterand...updated/page-28

Deathwatch Hall of Honour thread:
http://www.bolterand...maccrage/page-4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,271 posts
Is he a man or a warp entity?
He might simply be empowered by the goings on?
  • Karhedronuk likes this

-~Ishagu~-

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,005 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

I think by now it's more or less clear that he's a warp entity. It just needs to be spelled out still. And yeah since that is the case his appearance could change any time. I wouldn't mind a bigger more fancy Sanguinor model. It would definitely be a must-buy for me if his rules actually do him justice for once.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,990 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Chapter Name: Chaos and Wolves
Im with Ishagu on this one. A roided up Sanguinator (bit bigger than a Primaris would be ideal I think) would be good. I would buy one and I dont even play Blood Angels.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.pngCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_00.jpg

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,824 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cadian 317th

As long as we're wishlisting, I'd like GW to acknowledge each of the BA successors in a similar way to Chapter Tactics, but as a logical progression of the BA "root" CT.  I think there's room enough to allow some unique "Successor" abilities in this way, as well as providing a unique Relic/Strategem/Warlord Trait for each, too.  As is, the successors for BA have seen enough additional material to give them a personality and/or playstyle on the tabletop that would separate them while still promoting the concept of semi-berserk melee-focused Astartes.

But as far as new models?  With access to most of the Primaris range and perhaps some adjustments to traditionally non-BA models (Stormhawk, Centurions, etc.), I think we'll have plenty of new stuff without GW actually giving us any specific new models.  Given that past codex releases this year have been hit-or-miss for new models (entire range of DG, NOTHING for armies like Admech/GK/etc.), I think the BA release could go either way.

• sockwithaticket and Silas7 like this

Losing 'hope' after 10k years just because of a big warp storm? Doesn't sound like my Blood Angels.

Never had hope to begin with; they had duty, and that was enough.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gif

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,002 posts
BA Should get a captain in tartaros armour conversion. You know you want it.
(Kinda like GK got the dreadmaster)

Edited by Sete, 08 November 2017 - 05:59 PM.

• Ishagu and sfPanzer like this

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,094 posts

...BA, death company, Flesh Readersand maybe some others...

Ah yes, the lesser known successor chapter of the IX Legion: the Flesh Readers. More studious than their cousins, but having a certain zeal for :cuss mags.

...as for the whole “oh wow...some piece of fluff about BA is cool...how’s that look/act/feel on the tabletop....oh. Never mind.”

Welcome to Baal.
  • Dolchiate Remembrancer, Silas7 and sfPanzer like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users