Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New BA Codex incoming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
597 replies to this topic

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts

Who are those skeleton fairies on that artwork, a BA version of the "Watchers in the Dark"?

Urriak Urruk

Urriak Urruk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 593 posts
  • Chapter Name: Wolf Brothers

Who are those skeleton fairies on that artwork, a BA version of the "Watchers in the Dark"?

They're apparently servo-bots that collect blood for the BA.

Omega-soul

Omega-soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 233 posts

It's a "Blood thralls" and they collect blood on the battlefield.

In some ways it could be seen as a apothecary/techmarine servitors. 

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,366 posts

It's a "Blood thralls" and they collect blood on the battlefield.

In some ways it could be seen as a apothecary/techmarine servitors. 

I believe those guys collect spilt BA blood before it hits the ground.

What? Practicality? Never heard of it :P

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sinners

Tycho never got his dead mans hand back then, eh?

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,910 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

Melee STR: user AP: -2 D: d3 apparently

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,517 posts
Well, Cawl isn't actually deemed a heretic according to mars as far as the adeptus mechanicus codex is concerned.

You mean no one can tell him in the face that he is a heretic and him being backed up by the military might of G-man makes disloging him problematic for pious Adeptus Mechanicus.

I missed the part where Primaris are only allowed to be trained by Cawl. Nothing says Primaris Techmarines have to be trained any other way than regular Techmarines.

you do not have the proper religious mind set for this. The adeptus mechanicus do not see a difference between a machine and a body as far as serving the Machine god goes. So if someone is a product of heretical procedures, training them is a kin to, taking someone who had sacraments in the catholic church and trying to make them a priest in the ortodox church. Can it be done? yes [crusaders did it in kostantionopol], but only when you strong arm someone in to it, and it always creates social unrest.

So cawl sending a card of primaris marins to be trained at Mars, where he faces obstruction and opposition at every move[explains why he isn't happy with his power alone and wants the Fabricator position too], would at worse spark a civil and at best there would be problems with training them. there would also be problems when the primaris techmarines return from training, because no loyal to the machine god techmarine trained in the proper way would accept a heretic touching holy things. May as well let csm or orcs run around the armory then.

• D3L likes this

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,016 posts

Well, Cawl isn't actually deemed a heretic according to mars as far as the adeptus mechanicus codex is concerned.

You mean no one can tell him in the face that he is a heretic and him being backed up by the military might of G-man makes disloging him problematic for pious Adeptus Mechanicus.

I missed the part where Primaris are only allowed to be trained by Cawl. Nothing says Primaris Techmarines have to be trained any other way than regular Techmarines.

you do not have the proper religious mind set for this. The adeptus mechanicus do not see a difference between a machine and a body as far as serving the Machine god goes. So if someone is a product of heretical procedures, training them is a kin to, taking someone who had sacraments in the catholic church and trying to make them a priest in the ortodox church. Can it be done? yes [crusaders did it in kostantionopol], but only when you strong arm someone in to it, and it always creates social unrest.
So cawl sending a card of primaris marins to be trained at Mars, where he faces obstruction and opposition at every move[explains why he isn't happy with his power alone and wants the Fabricator position too], would at worse spark a civil and at best there would be problems with training them. there would also be problems when the primaris techmarines return from training, because no loyal to the machine god techmarine trained in the proper way would accept a heretic touching holy things. May as well let csm or orcs run around the armory then.

No.

Just because you want it to be that way, does not make it so. In the mechanicum codex there is nothing that says that cawl is deemed a heretic, or that his work is deemed heretical by the mechanicum.

He has opposition, but so does every notable magi, it comes with having power.

That's not to say that they absolutely will get techmarines and be trained by them, but you stating something as fact that is not isn't helpful either.
  • Irbis, Theduke08, Charlo and 2 others like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,003 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Sorry jeske but I really disagree with your view on that matter. But I won't deny you your headcanon. You can believe whatever you want for all I care but I won't buy it.

Anyway this became pretty offtopic now. This is not a thread about Cawl. It's about the new BA Codex.

Edited by sfPanzer, 05 December 2017 - 06:58 PM.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,016 posts
Only a few days now, although it's interesting to see how many copies are already out in the wild for reviewers lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new lore in the book!

P.s. no need to make it personal dude

Edited by Blindhamster, 05 December 2017 - 06:52 PM.

• sfPanzer likes this

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,663 posts

Everyone making claims one way or another:

[citation needed]

• HCMistborn likes this

we_badge_ezra.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,003 posts

Yeah I apologize it might've been a bit much from my side. I'm too exhausted to post properly right now but I'll edit my post anyway.

• Blindhamster likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,016 posts

Everyone making claims one way or another:

[citation needed]

The fact cawl is directly associated with mars and his writeup on page 39 in the admech codex notes him to be influential and his knowledge desirable enough that most other forgeworlds willingly put their forces under him in exchange for it.

Two pages before that it talks about the timeline of mars and includes information on the primaris project, nothing there indicates it as heretical or viewed as such. Infact the section on indomitus crusade had cawl as the main representative sent from mars by the fabricator general.

Every bit of writing says he is important and influential in the imperium but even more so to the mechanicus. He is an archmagos dominates dominus (master of masters).

Oh and the part on page 39 also has a blurb that says he learned his craft whilst working with/for the emperor directly and actually helped the emperor develop the black carapace.

However, as I would prefer a rounded commentary, in "dark imperium" guilliman doesn't trust Cawl and we know he refers to some of cawls weapons as "heretical marvels"

And to the primaris as blasphemous hordes.

Cawl is portrayed much like a radical inquisitor, or even like someone like arkham land, an innovator that isn't afraid to take things in new directions. And possibly push the limits.

However that side is currently only evidenced in the novel, not the codex

Edited by Blindhamster, 05 December 2017 - 07:13 PM.

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra and sfPanzer like this

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,910 posts
Is all this in the new Codex?

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,016 posts

Is all this in the new Codex?

Not the BA one sorry!

I did steer back on topic (I want to know about lore!!!!) But citation was requested. I didn't do proper citations but I have stated sources

Edited by Blindhamster, 05 December 2017 - 07:14 PM.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,003 posts

I think Jolemai was refering to the new BA codex, hinting that we should get back on topic. :D

• Blindhamster likes this

Disclaimer:

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,225 posts
  • Chapter Name: XVth Legion, Ist Legion

Melee STR: user AP: -2 D: d3 apparently

I was genuinely curious where you got that from because I couldn't find it :/

I always loved running Captain Tycho. My opponent would always be like: "I'm going to attack your silly captain with no close combat weapon."

Me:

29dc3a307ef7177ee90a0f00d31964f1.jpg

• Blindhamster, evilhomer, Reyner and 1 other like this
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,430 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Valorous Heart
If Tycho gets the Dead Man’s Hand back I don’t care what the rest of the codex is, it’s a good book in my book :P
  • depthcharge12 likes this

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,105 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Vermillion+TSons
Tycho gets -2 ap but it is damage 1.
  • Jolemai likes this

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

This sir is the era of the jump pack. msn-wink.gif

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,271 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines
It's damage D3 I think? Or is that just Tycho the lost?

-~Ishagu~-

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,663 posts

Probably Crazyman Tycho.

we_badge_ezra.png

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,105 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Vermillion+TSons

It's damage D3 I think? Or is that just Tycho the lost?

No, just 1Damage for either version of Tycho

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

This sir is the era of the jump pack. msn-wink.gif

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,682 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard
Heavy salt incoming but apparently there seems to be a rumour going around FB in different 40K groups about someone who has a copy of the book claiming That the Primaris are not fully perfect and may be more vulnerable to the Black rage than previously thought

Take with supreme amounts of salt
"For people worried that they are going to get rid of the black rage, there is a battle against alpha legion where Blood Angel Primaris commit such violence that it scares Corbulo and he has to immediately contact Dante to tell him things might not be quite as good as previously thought They literraly tear the enemy apart, limb from limb"

Now this could actually be pretty damn intereting if proved true the fears about Primaris being too perfect with no flaws may not be true after all if they do suffer from the chapters flaws as well

Edited by Plaguecaster, 08 December 2017 - 10:36 AM.

• sfPanzer likes this
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,003 posts

Okay now I really need to pre-order the Codex asap. :D

Disclaimer:

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,988 posts
  • Chapter Name: IV Legion, XIII Legion

There is a screenshot of that story in the Blood Angels Subforum I think (or it might have been on the Warhammer40k subreddit...)

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)