Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New BA Codex incoming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
597 replies to this topic

Brother Lemartes

Brother Lemartes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,412 posts

Will the point values in the BA codex possibly be invalid as soon as the Chapter Approved book comes out within weeks? Does everyone need to get Chapter Approved anyway? Just curious....

• Malios likes this

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,901 posts

Its more likely that the BA/DA have the new costs in them. 

• Frater Cornelius likes this
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,005 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure
Yeah the BA and DA changes of the Chapter Approved are to be expected to be in their Codex already.

Buying the Chapter Approved at least once per gaming geoup is also recommended I think. After that we will be playing 8.1th edition and if you don't get it you will have outdated rules (wrong unit costs, lacking additional rules, etc). However it's not needed if your group decides against updating the rules of course.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,366 posts
The GW store overlord in my area (aka our FLGS manager) told us that stores are supposed to have open copies. If people play at a GW store that follows this policy, then you won't need to buy it. And let's not pretend that this stuff won't be all over the Web shorty prior to the release.

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,437 posts

Chapter Approved is just the 40k version of the AoS General's Handbook.

Yearly update to rebalance everything and combines any other random new rules in one easy place.

• Frater Cornelius likes this

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg 30k WIP Thread: Talons : 40k WIP Thread "You would not cut down a tree with a sword, neither will you pierce a heart with an axe."

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,366 posts

Chapter Approved is just the 40k version of the AoS General's Handbook.

Yearly update to rebalance everything and combines any other random new rules in one easy place.

If it works, why change :P

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

Caldersson

Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,074 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood of Fenris

Is he a man or a warp entity?
He might simply be empowered by the goings on?

Since he can just pop into existence, anywhere whether it be a ship deck or above a battlefield, and then disappear in front of everyone. I think we are dealing with a warp entity.

I still like my theory that Sanguinor is Sanguinius's spirit. Slowly pulling himself together in the warp. We learned from Mortarion that even the dead still have fragments of their soul in the warp. (His adoptive father spirit is in a jar in eternal torture, Mortarion slowly collecting his soul over the last 10k years.) So maybe Sanguinius's is doing the same, slowly pulling himself together and growing in power. Though he can only do this for limited time and rarely, just like daemons.
  • Silverson, Karhedronuk and Silas7 like this
Challenges Completed:sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg<p> Looking to buy Wulfen or SW Termie shields, send me a PM.

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,094 posts

Since he can just pop into existence, anywhere whether it be a ship deck or above a battlefield, and then disappear in front of everyone. I think we are dealing with a warp entity.

I still like my theory that Sanguinor is Sanguinius's spirit. Slowly pulling himself together in the warp. We learned from Mortarion that even the dead still have fragments of their soul in the warp. (His adoptive father spirit is in a jar in eternal torture, Mortarion slowly collecting his soul over the last 10k years.) So maybe Sanguinius's is doing the same, slowly pulling himself together and growing in power. Though he can only do this for limited time and rarely, just like daemons.

I hate that theory because it means Sanguinius is a :cuss at heart. Just look at the Sanguinir’s stats. Not even worth 170pts, let alone “heart-of-Primarch” levels of cool.

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,612 posts
  • Chapter Name: Custodes Advance Force
I think it just shows the difference between fluff and rules.

Karhedronuk

Karhedronuk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts

I hate that theory because it means Sanguinius is a censored.gif at heart. Just look at the Sanguinir’s stats. Not even worth 170pts, let alone “heart-of-Primarch” levels of cool.

Maybe more like a piece of a Primarch. I don't mind the theory if it opens the door for a BAs to get a Primarch-level character at some point in the future.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,005 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

I hate that theory because it means Sanguinius is a censored.gif at heart. Just look at the Sanguinir’s stats. Not even worth 170pts, let alone “heart-of-Primarch” levels of cool.

You are confusing fluff and crunch here lol

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,910 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Folks, this is the NR&A forum. You are to discuss the rumour presented, not wander off on tangents, make off topic remarks or start wishlisting.

This thread is now temporarily locked. Let the moderation team know when something new appears and we'll re-open it

Thread re-open with new information. Please keep in topic.

Edited by Jolemai, 22 November 2017 - 10:40 PM.

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,910 posts

So the the new Codex goes on preorder December 2nd and it's on sale December 9th. We are getting a Blood Angels Upgrade Kit and a new Primaris Lieutenant named Tormalon (sp?). New Lieutenant is armed with a Power Sword that has a basket hit. Model is nice, but nothing earth shattering. We get access to the Stalker, Hunter, and the Stormhawk.

Rumored point changes from Chapter Approved confirmed. You can add Librarian with Jump Pack at 110 and Force Sword at 8. Infernus Pistol is 9 and Hand Flamer is 3, but those were under Sisters of Battle. Not sure if ours will be the same cost.

Stormhawk and Stormtalon, I hope?

Dunno. It just said Stormhawk.

• Blindhamster and Aothaine like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,002 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
BA getting a kit and a Dude? Well well...
You might see me in your ranks soon enough...
By basket hilt, is it meant like a Rapier?
Wonder if DA will have something...

Edited by Sete, 22 November 2017 - 11:05 PM.

utilityzero

utilityzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,006 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's Pain
A basket hilt is not exclusive to the rapiers that bore it. There were examples of basket hilt claymores as well for example. It is just a hilt which extends down and protects the hand with a lattice of metal bars that look like a basket as they wrap around the hand. Hence the name.
1% of people know that answer to, "What's the F.T.W. stand for?" You're not one of them.
8% of teenagers dont listen to rap and 2% havnt tried pot OR drinking... and an even smaller percentage of people actually feel the need to bolster their own self-esteem by putting a spin on being rhythmicly challenged and having no social life.
100% of your base are belong to us.
50% of marines apparently get lost in the warp. If only the guy who came up with that plot had gotten lost in the warp first.

TheHarrower

TheHarrower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,083 posts

BA getting a kit and a Dude? Well well...
You might see me in your ranks soon enough...
By basket hilt, is it meant like a Rapier?
Wonder if DA will have something...

My bad. Not really a basket hilt. There's a hand guard. Think more of a cutlass.

DA get the same thing. New Lieutenant and an upgrade kit. In addition to the units that Blood Angels now get, they also have access to Scout Bikers. Their book is Preorder on the 9th release on the 16th.

• Rafen IX likes this

–The Harrower
Artist, Game Designer, and Wargame Veteran

dedardlogo.pnggallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Visit DED'ARD a hobby blog focusing on all things Blood Angels and 40K!

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 907 posts

Hmmm... The Blood Angels upgrade sprue sounds interesting.. but will only be an auto-buy for me if it has 10 chain swords to give to my primaris.

• Sete likes this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,002 posts
Ah cutlass. Do not like.
Do you know if the DA one has Robes or Tabards?

TheHarrower

TheHarrower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,083 posts

Hmmm... The Blood Angels upgrade sprue sounds interesting.. but will only be an auto-buy for me if it has 10 chain swords to give to my primaris.

It's not an auto-buy then. You only get 1, a heavy bolt pistol, pads, a tilt plate, a couple heads, and like 4 reliquaries.

• caladancid and Sete like this

–The Harrower

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,002 posts
Tilt plate? Does the BA dude have a cape? And get outta here you cape haters.

Edited by Sete, 22 November 2017 - 11:21 PM.

• Silas7 likes this

TheHarrower

TheHarrower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,083 posts

Ah cutlass. Do not like.
Do you know if the DA one has Robes or Tabards?

I think tabard? I just gave him a quick glance. The traitor legion burns me eyes! Lol. Blood Angel has a tabard.

• Sete likes this

–The Harrower

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,002 posts
Doing the Emperor's proud brother!

TheHarrower

TheHarrower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,083 posts

Tilt plate? Does the BA dude have a cape? And get outta here you cape haters.

No cape. I think it's called a tilt plate. One of those little shields on the shoulder. The Blood Angel Terminators have them.

• Sete likes this

–The Harrower

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,910 posts

DA stuff here please

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,868 posts
  • Chapter Name: Reclaimant Crusade

Only a lieutenant and upgrade kit? Bummer, I was hoping to get some real close combat units for Primaris marines.

• LordValrak likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users