Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Chaos Daemons Incoming

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,909 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Brass Stampede
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-3/

Awesome. Very curious what sort of treatment daemons of Khorne will receive. Also curious if there will be any different "chapter tactics" for them.

Edited by Brother Casman, 07 November 2017 - 12:27 PM.
Adding link

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,682 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard
I wonder how Daemons will be dealt with???? Seem like the only faction that won't have traits,well there's only the armies of the four gods which they already have rules for each seperate unit unless there is some extra rule benefit to field mono daemon armies.

I wonder if brimstone smite spam will be nerfed to oblivion as well
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,992 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

Deathguard dont have traits either. So I imagine that books a good place to look for how the next three codexes may be structured

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,092 posts

Deathguard dont have traits either. So I imagine that books a good place to look for how the next three codexes may be structured

Well they had a single "legion trait" so you can probably expect identical structuring. 

one for each legion/chapter I would imagine will be a constant. 

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
Daemons might not get traits.
They are similar to Grey Knights who didn't get any equivalent to chapter tactics. It would have been possible to do 'brotherhood tactics' as they each have a specialty in the fluff section of the book.
It will be interesting to see if the SW get 'great company tactics' or if they end up in the same boat as Grey Knights.

Hopefully BA and DA will expand on their successor chapters to include chapter tactics.

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,682 posts
Wonder if some of the other Daemon engines from CSM and DG get rolled into the daemons codex (maybe it could be why they are holding the Blight hauler back) also should prove interesting how the battleforged rules for fielding a Daemons dettachment will work if using a daemon unit not in the codex. Will fielding other Daemon units from a different codex make you lose access to dettachment rules/ strategems or not

Edited by Plaguecaster, 04 November 2017 - 05:13 AM.

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,060 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguine Eagles, Death Guard

Nice - I called Daemons being one of the next few books out because think there will be a significant Nurgle Daemons release early next year, with a matching AoS battletome. Let's hope that comes true as well.

• MaulerUK likes this

gallery_84244_13371_906.png gallery_84244_13422_1322.png gallery_84244_13956_2427.png gallery_84244_13422_1754.jpg gallery_84244_11417_12782.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpg

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,028 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Ravens
So this isn't lost in the discussion about the Dark Angels and their Primarch, I've split it into it's own thread.
  • sfPanzer likes this
Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete! | 2015 Thread of Things! - Some infantry arrive.

"Sometimes the Imperium needs heroes, sometimes saints and other times it needs monsters, for the dark void of the stars is cold and has bred nightmare and treachery most could never dream of. So when some call him tyrant, world-burner, apostate and butcher, remember this: He commanded armies on a hundred worlds and spanned cursed stars where saints would fear to tread, and in doing so held back the night. Monster he may have been, but he was ours and I for one thank the God-Emperor for him." - Inquistor Marr, Speaking of Lord-Errant Cromhal, Supreme Commander of the Aegisine Crusade, M.39

Pentharian

Pentharian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
I'm so very excited for the Daemons Codex. I was originally going to mix a few CSM into my Daemons army to give them some shooting - but with the codex this close, there's no need!

Yay is me.

eclipse.png

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,930 posts
  • Chapter Name: Children of The Violet Heart

I can haz plastic Keeper of Secrets too?

• MaulerUK likes this

START WEARING PURPLE

radionausea

radionausea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, Ministorum
I can't see the different daemonic allegiances not getting a trait.
The rules like Quicksilver Swiftness and Disgustingly Resilient aren't really enough to make them interesting compared to other armies.
Most death guard units, for example get DR, and then their legion trait.

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,930 posts
  • Chapter Name: Children of The Violet Heart

Personally, I think they'll just expand the already existing rule, or just leave it as is.

Daemons shouldn't, IMO, get a Trait. They're not Spehss Mahreens and they're not a Legion. Reward mono-God armies via Stratagems.

• mithrilforge and Emicus like this

START WEARING PURPLE

radionausea

radionausea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, Ministorum
Eldar craftworlds, guard regiments, and Tyranid hive fleets aren't space marines either and they get a trait. I think there should be some benefit for running a mono-god army as you're giving up flexibility to do it.

I can't think of any appropriate rules but *something*
  • MaulerUK, Emicus and Lord Marshal like this

Shockmaster

Shockmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts

Hopefully this coincides with a plastic Great Unclean One & plastic Beasts of Nurgle that have been rumoured.

Oh and 40k rules(and separate model release) for the awesome snail riding herald from the most recent AoS starter set would be great too.

Edited by Shockmaster, 07 November 2017 - 05:22 PM.

• Brother Bish, Halandaar and El_Dicko like this

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,817 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hexfleet Virules

All the other armies have multiple army special rules + chapter tactics. Would suck for Daemons if they were the only ones who couldn't get universal -1 to hit or other good bonuses for free. I hope at the very, very least that you got a bonus for a detachment dedicated to a single Chaos deity. Would finally make use of those faction keywords.

So far, other than Death Guard and Grey Knights, most things that were bad in the index got substantially buffed in the codex, and for Astra Militarum and Eldar the good stuff just got even better (surprisingly). I hope Daemons get the same treatment, because they (along with Tyranids) seem like the army that need the most drastic design overhaul from index to codex. Almost everything in the Daemons index gave me a "Wait, this unit does WHAT now?!" reaction compared to 7th Ed / Wrath of Fenris.

The army went from ignoring morale in shooting to having its infantry unplayable due to morale. It went from having more mobility than anyone else (originally deep striking, later widespread summoning) to having the least reserve manipulation and movement abilities of any army (only Nurglings get infiltrate and a bad version at that, no transports, no deep striking, etc.).  Heralds went from very interesting and flexible to very questionable and boring, you went from 18 really good psychic abilities to 9 mediocre or bad ones, you went from 24 relics to 0.  Greater Daemons went from decent to worthless.  Large amounts of previous wargear options for heralds / daemon princes/ greater daemons disappeared.  Loss of formations hurt badly.  And on and on.

Looking at the other codexes, here is what I am hoping for:

1. Chapter Tactics, at least for each of the 4 Chaos Gods if not as many as other armies enjoy
  2. Increased mobility options (deep strike with winged units, stratagem to deep strike in 1-3 units, improved Nurgling infiltrate)
  3. Greater Daemon aura also makes daemons of same alignment auto-pass morale tests except from fight phase losses (or even all morale tests)
  4. Substantial points drops for Greater Daemons in line with vehicle / monster points drops in other codexes
  5. Return to 6 unique relics per Chaos God
  6. Return to 6 unique powers per Chaos god, with substantial improvements to existing Tzeentch powers
  7. Overhaul of Herald auras to do different things that are as powerful as auras of other armies
  8. Revamp of named Daemon characters especially Fateweaver, Karnak, Masque, and return of Kugath
  9. Additional points drops for units that went from great in 7th to worthless in 8th (screamers, hounds, etc.)
  10. Creative and powerful stratagems that make Daemons a unique army in the meta, including some stratagems to increase survivability for all the anti-Chaos / psyker / invul save stuff we're seeig all the new codexes get (not to mention the easy spamming of Culuxus assassins)
  11. Relics or army abilities or warlord traits that allow Daemons to get CPs back (I think armies that can get more CPs have a huge advantage of armies that can't)

Those are my top 11 priorities. I am really worried GW will drop the ball on this codex and we'll be envious of Guard, Eldar, and Tyranids having won the lottery. But we'll see.

Edited by Lagrath, 07 November 2017 - 05:25 PM.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,876 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Well to be fair Daemons don't have any exchangeable faction Keyword in the Index unlike the other armies which does indicate no additional subfaction rules for Daemons.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

As someone who doesn't play Daemons, but who has a main opponent who has all the daemons...  I'm hoping "Undivided" gets a Doctrine as well.  5 different options, more variety.  that's good!

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,876 posts

As someone who doesn't play Daemons, but who has a main opponent who has all the daemons...  I'm hoping "Undivided" gets a Doctrine as well.  5 different options, more variety.  that's good!

You mean for the two undivided units? Not gonna happen lol.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

banis

banis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 129 posts

Well to be fair Daemons don't have any exchangeable faction Keyword in the Index unlike the other armies which does indicate no additional subfaction rules for Daemons.

Well they dont need one.. they already have ..nurgle, khorne..etc. as faction keywords.. I am guessing 5 "legion" traits..1 for each god and a chaos undivided 

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,876 posts

Well they dont need one.. they already have ..nurgle, khorne..etc. as faction keywords.. I am guessing 5 "legion" traits..1 for each god and a chaos undivided 

Possibly, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Disclaimer:

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts

No, for Undivided armies.  Mixed ones with units from all 4 factions.  (Or 2 or 3).  Yes, there's a few characters.  But I mean a mixed army of Daemons having a different set of Stratagems and a different doctrine from those that are dedicated to only one God.  And obviously the dedicated ones should have something too!

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,876 posts

No, for Undivided armies.  Mixed ones with units from all 4 factions.  (Or 2 or 3).  Yes, there's a few characters.  But I mean a mixed army of Daemons having a different set of Stratagems and a different doctrine from those that are dedicated to only one God.  And obviously the dedicated ones should have something too!

I see. Well as I said before, they don't have faction keywords beyond Chaos, Daemon and the god specific ones. So yeah, I don't see that happening.

Disclaimer:

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts

​"if army is composed entirely of one Gods minions you get the X"..

Flexibility vs special rules, aye? They could even have a scaling benefit where if you're e.g. pure Tzeentch you get X, if you're +1 you get a slightly smaller benefit, +2 even less and +3 less so.

​But also more stratagems available to you.

Edited by Emicus, 07 November 2017 - 07:30 PM.

New years resolution: Not start more than THREE armies this year.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,876 posts

​"if army is composed entirely of one Gods minions you get the X"..

Flexibility vs special rules, aye?

As I said before, that's possible but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Disclaimer:

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
Im just hoping for some kind of mechanic encouraging multiple keywords, so I can do Nurgle daemon kin with my raptors and bloat drones... And I'll second wanting Horticolus!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

MaulerUK