Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Chaos Daemons Incoming

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,029 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Im just hoping for some kind of mechanic encouraging multiple keywords, so I can do Nurgle daemon kin with my raptors and bloat drones... And I'll second wanting Horticolus!

That would pretty much go against the point of faction keywords. The point is that you get benefits by sticking to the more restrictive faction keywords in a detachment and that you lose those benefits if you open yourself for a bigger choice of different units.

However you can easily play Daemonkin by just putting different Codex units into different detachments in your army. ;)

• El_Dicko likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts

Aye, I guess I mean something that would encouraging having multiple matching keywords, like all until have daemon and Nurgle ;)

Edited by El_Dicko, 07 November 2017 - 08:36 PM.

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,909 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Brass Stampede
Plastic flesh hounds and furies, gimme gimme gimme!
  • Prot likes this

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

You know with the rumors of 2018 first priority being 40k khorne (and "maybe" some AoS khorne.) and quite some Angron is next rumors, I realise it might not necessarily mean World eaters get a codex. or world eaters would have been mentioned by them. It doesnt sound like a huge release.. and would fall in line with the timing of codex chaos daemons.

What if Angron is actually released as part of the chaos daemons army ? (they always said the primarches dont neccesarily return as part of their original army.) along with a handful of other 40k khorne elements related to chaos daemons, instead of chaos space marines. (though it would be a perfect wave for berzerkers too, their rules already exist anyway and Id assume even if part of chaos daemons book, angron would keep their keyword.)
Fluffwise it wouldnt be far-fetched either, as I think he is mentioned more as hanging out with Bloodthirsters than space marine elements.

Ofcourse there is the New miniatures = new cover art assumption.
But this is based on 2 cases really, one of wich didnt have old cover art (deathguard) and the other is the brand new posterboys.

based on :
https://war-of-sigma.../bloggings/2513

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,577 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Wonder if some of the other Daemon engines from CSM and DG get rolled into the daemons codex (maybe it could be why they are holding the Blight hauler back)

That could be it... technically anything from, say, the Death Guard codex that has the "Daemon" rule should be able to be taken in a Daemon army. So Plagueburst Crawlers and Bloat Drones should be fair game along with just about anything from the FW Index.

Speaking of Index... doesn't each God have specific traits in the Chaos Index? I think they do, like Nurgle gets Disgustingly Resilient, etc.

Check out my Photobucket Here

DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,909 posts

You know with the rumors of 2018 first priority being 40k khorne (and "maybe" some AoS khorne.) and quite some Angron is next rumors, I realise it might not necessarily mean World eaters get a codex. or world eaters would have been mentioned by them. It doesnt sound like a huge release.. and would fall in line with the timing of codex chaos daemons.

What if Angron is actually released as part of the chaos daemons army ? (they always said the primarches dont neccesarily return as part of their original army.) along with a handful of other 40k khorne elements related to chaos daemons, instead of chaos space marines. (though it would be a perfect wave for berzerkers too, their rules already exist anyway and Id assume even if part of chaos daemons book, angron would keep their keyword.)
Fluffwise it wouldnt be far-fetched either, as I think he is mentioned more as hanging out with Bloodthirsters than space marine elements.

Ofcourse there is the New miniatures = new cover art assumption.
But this is based on 2 cases really, one of wich didnt have old cover art (deathguard) and the other is the brand new posterboys.

based on :
https://war-of-sigma.../bloggings/2513

I could see that happening. Although, I did read about how Angron gathered as many World Eaters as he could and slaughtered quite a swathe of systems before getting brought down during one of his escapes into realspace. I don't suppose that's a topic of any novel, is it? Maybe at least one of the Armageddon campaigns? How long ago was that part of the story, in an Imperial Armour book maybe? I know I've seen his rules out there somewhere but I have a feeling it was in a White Dwarf.

Wonder if some of the other Daemon engines from CSM and DG get rolled into the daemons codex (maybe it could be why they are holding the Blight hauler back)

That could be it... technically anything from, say, the Death Guard codex that has the "Daemon" rule should be able to be taken in a Daemon army. So Plagueburst Crawlers and Bloat Drones should be fair game along with just about anything from the FW Index.

Speaking of Index... doesn't each God have specific traits in the Chaos Index? I think they do, like Nurgle gets Disgustingly Resilient, etc.

Yeah, they do. Khorne gets +1A and +1S when charging/they get charged or perform a heroic intervention.

Based on the Blades of Khorne book from the alternate GW game that shall not be mentioned, some of the legions of Khorne have subtle variations based on some unique and glorious aspect which may or may not extend far beyond "these guys have black arms and legs and carry brass hellblades."

I agree with some of the opinions here so far in that I'm not really sure that they need to put in special snowflake "chapter" rules so much as they need to buff the army as a whole and provide some killer stratagems. Continuing with Khorne, +1A and +1S are awesome, but summoning and footslogging don't seem to be doing the trick. A lot of it is a codex versus index issue, but losing universal deep strike changes the way the army works in a weird way. Maybe I'm just not getting it yet. I haven't really used them much, so I'll give them more of a fair shake and see how they play out. I miss my D-thirster and friends, and I've wanted to buy Skarbrand for a long time, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

Edited by Juggernut, 08 November 2017 - 04:26 AM.

HeresyBeliever

HeresyBeliever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

I want three things

1 - New Great unclean one model 

2 - massive point reduction in Bloodthirsters 300+ is way to much 

3 - deep strike my daemons (happy it to be a stratagem) But I hate this not moving and summoning randomness  

The Dice Gods always win. And Khorne always wins because there is always blood when there is war.  

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts

Personally feel like Bloodthirsters should be big an beefy mofos... so keep the price and buff the stats to match! Yeah they're a bullet magnet and it hurts when they die so crank the glass cannon to the max and let me ANNIHILATE whatever he touches.

​Oh and give them a "blood frenzy" aura making the enemy tear itself apart with mortal wounds on a proc in CC. That'd be sick.

New years resolution: Not start more than THREE armies this year.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,021 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

Personally feel like Bloodthirsters should be big an beefy mofos... so keep the price and buff the stats to match! Yeah they're a bullet magnet and it hurts when they die so crank the glass cannon to the max and let me ANNIHILATE whatever he touches.

​Oh and give them a "blood frenzy" aura making the enemy tear itself apart with mortal wounds on a proc in CC. That'd be sick.

technically, a blood frenzy rule due to khorne should impact everyone equally.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

radionausea

radionausea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 150 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, Ministorum
(tangent: I've seen 'proc' in a few threads and have no idea what it means - any help?)
  • Apologist likes this

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts
Proc like it happens as a result of something. Say a roll of 6 to hit gives an extra attack could be said to 'proc more attacks on sixes'.

It's more typical in digital games I think where you get various buffs

Maybe double losses to morale? Now that's a frenzy :D

Edited by Emicus, 08 November 2017 - 06:07 PM.

New years resolution: Not start more than THREE armies this year.

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 894 posts

I am eager to see how Daemons of khorne fair in this book. I would love a good reason to use a bloodthirster and it would be great to see the soul grinder stats bumped up 

• HeresyBeliever likes this

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts
I was about to pull the trigger on several boxes of horrors...im not so sure now I can see them getting nerfed again.
gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.png

Urriak Urruk

Urriak Urruk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 598 posts
  • Chapter Name: Wolf Brothers

I'm not going to make a new thread for this rumor as it is BoLS as most people will disregard it, but here is a rumor for those interested...

http://www.belloflos...ni-spotted.html

One gamer reports that he got a glimpse of the back cover of a copy on the codex that was at the event.

Here is his descripton of the image on the back of the book:

“Can confirm a new Great Unclean One model, Horticulous Slimux is in there and some kind of new Nurgle demon I have never seen before. The GUO is very similar in size to the Forgeworld version. The New demon was similar to plaguebearers in height but a lot bulkier.”

I wouldn't be too surprised if Nurgle gets new Daemons, like these ones from the Death Guard codex;

00ff4e6941171df89ced11a57a3dec022724ed2e

P.S. If you want to post something negative about BoLS... how about don't? We all know it's unreliable and needs salt.

Edited by Urriak Urruk, 29 November 2017 - 11:13 PM.

Shockmaster

Shockmaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard

Please be true, a perfect start to my hobby year if all three of those happen in January. 

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,438 posts

It would certainly make sense, what with the Daemon Codex coming out.

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg 30k WIP Thread: Talons : 40k WIP Thread "You would not cut down a tree with a sword, neither will you pierce a heart with an axe."

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,577 posts
It's a pretty safe bet we'll be getting at least a Great Unclean One and new Beasts of Nurgle. I'm interested to see if this rumor is true and if so, if the "fat Plaguebearers" are Beasts or something new. I'd also like to see Nurgle's gardener make the leap, it would go a ways to bridge AoS and 40K as well.
  • Halandaar and sfPanzer like this

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,696 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

Considering the many reference the pestigors Atia and the images of beasts and Greater Unclean ones in the DG codex made I find this believable.

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,909 posts

Please buff Flesh Hounds and Bloodcrushers. And Bloodletters. And Bloodthirsters. Yeah.

• Prot likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,029 posts
It's not like this wasn't already expected by most so it hardly surprises me. ^^

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,517 posts

Well to be fair Daemons don't have any exchangeable faction Keyword in the Index unlike the other armies which does indicate no additional subfaction rules for Daemons.

​"if army is composed entirely of one Gods minions you get the X"..

Flexibility vs special rules, aye?

As I said before, that's possible but I wouldn't hold my breath.

plus how would you stop someone from using the rules and taking an army of mono god marines? the trait is the same. you would have to check for 2-3 traits to give them one common rule trigger.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard

Well to be fair Daemons don't have any exchangeable faction Keyword in the Index unlike the other armies which does indicate no additional subfaction rules for Daemons.

​"if army is composed entirely of one Gods minions you get the X"..

Flexibility vs special rules, aye?
As I said before, that's possible but I wouldn't hold my breath.
plus how would you stop someone from using the rules and taking an army of mono god marines? the trait is the same. you would have to check for 2-3 traits to give them one common rule trigger.
Pretty easy really :D you do have auras that only affect NURGLE DAEMONS etc remember so most mono marines wouldn't be affected

I wouldn't be surprised if Chaos Daemons get more specific strategems/ abilities or even a new Keyword so they only affect those from the Chaos Daemons codex
Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,577 posts

I hope they leave it open a bit... it's nice having the ability to take Daemon Engines from FW / Death Guard in a Daemon army. 

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 583 posts
  • Chapter Name: Storm Wardens

404a77f4a82e82cb88270c1427c6305c_116971.

From this.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 06 December 2017 - 03:51 PM.

• Noserenda, Marshal Loss, DeadFingers and 1 other like this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,029 posts

That video was great! :D

And Nurgle Daemon hype! \o/

Disclaimer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users