A Deathwatch Army Project

HorrOwl

I have used Sector Mechanicus bases but now will try  necromunda ones

Let us know how they compare, I'm very much considering these for future projects and I want to know how they stack up.

let us know how they compare, I'm very much considering these for future projects and I want to know how they stack up.

Haven't painted them yet, but they look like from the same facility with Sector Mechanicus, just different part of the floor: same font, same symbols.

must be easier to paint because they have no grid with cables, tubes etc underneath and thus less details

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've decided to make Objective Markers to get extra points on the tournaments add some narrative.

The  markers will be themed around a Deathwatch raid on a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor's private research facility(they can be protected by almost any army - who know what pacts did this inquisitor signed?)

so far, I completed  3 markers:

- a Cogitator, containing the valuable data about this facility and  all the things:

fnWKQUu1KgI.jpg

- La Bomba Grande: Nuke the entire place. It's the only way to be sure

TfXiyGxbCOc.jpg

- a strange Xenoartifact (may be it is the source of the corruption?)

6vWXGbFYbKM.jpg

another 3 to be done. :smile.:

Edited by HorrOwl

You've got an excellent looking army, it's extremely well painted. I'm envious. (Especially your Corvus Squadron. WOW!). 

Would you mind sharing how you painted up the bases? I'm using the same bases for my DW army & I really like how yours turned out. 

2 Syward:

You've got an excellent looking army, it's extremely well painted. I'm envious. (Especially your Corvus Squadron. WOW!). 

Thanks! :smile.:

Would you mind sharing how you painted up the bases? 

For Sector Mechanicus I 've used black basecoat, then painted LeadBelcher, with Brass Scorpion for, hm, brass parts( usually grids, nuts, aquilas and other details) . Leadbelcher  parts were washed with Nuln Oil + Lahmia Medium (approx. 1:1 ), Brass parts with Agrax Earthshade + Lahmian medium( same, approx. 1:1). Then leadbelcher surface were drybrushed with Necron Compoud and brass parts with Brass Scorpion.

For Sector Imperialis bases I blew concrete parts with greys (first Dark Blue Grey and American Grey from Vallejo model Air) from airbrush and then used same as above colors for metallic parts.

Hope that helps! :smile.:

Edited by HorrOwl

So, another new Objective

Now it is Deathwatch operative

66npcCzONgY.jpg

REFhyLGCx-c.jpg

JLM0YOLMwj0.jpg

The face is not complete, will do it later

That is the guy who infiltrated the facility and called the cavalry in. Now he must be extracted.

The miniature must be  obviously deathwatch but in the same time different from the rest of the army , because it is marker after all and I dont want to confuse my opponent with it :)

And a small vingette (not a deathwatch at all)

A classic story : damsel in distress :)

RC-MhnmPHlY.jpg

gU0bMqrajco.jpg

b2c55SO-Jas.jpg

I think she'll be one of the Objectives for my Astra Militarum. :)

• 1 month later...

Another one  completed

This time it is  "Specimen 12332"

gf5XYTFxPww.jpg

a2xCK36aQbY.jpg

AGpIcbHUPq0.jpg

lzpqRN5yVnU.jpg

Results of the experiments in that facility.  
The Specimen is in Stasis Crypt mounted on tracked chassic with a controller servitor to monitor life signs and all like that. 
the idea was stealed borrowed from  KrautScientist hope he doesn't mind. :)

So 5 is done, a last one to be completed

So, the last one is completed/
That's the Rogue Inquisitor , whose facility is being raided by the Deathwatch.
the photos are meh, hope to remake them in several days

this person preffer to pick specimen for his experiments personally so he chose needler as primary weapon. Also can make a battlefield vivisection with his right arm.
he has a little helper in the shape of Hunter/Killer automaton, modelled after StarWars IV Interrogation Droid. 

4Rd0zsHyRsc.jpg

791uEZm06nw.jpg

WfojwRdiMVU.jpg

hZlWh0H-iZk.jpg

:)

Agreed, this is an awesome mini.  In some ways, your Objective Markers are going to take center-stage over your actual army! :P

Though everything in this thread is pretty awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...