Need advice on starting Nurgle daemons

Omni

Hello there. Been thinking, and idea of fully fleshed out Nurgle daemons army as both DG allies and army on its own has grown on me quite well.

So far I have 10 plaguebearers and 1 SC Nurgle. My plan is to have minimum 60 plaguebearers+ about 10 more, to assemble as Command guys (champ, musician, standard guy). IT's so that I can run either 2x30  of them, or more smaller squads.

I also have one FW plague Hulk. And 2 blight drones + 2 bloat drones, which I think I could use too. And that's kinda all.

Now, I was wondering. I could buy 3 more SCs+ 20 more plaguebearers. And that'd be fine. But maybe I should get, dunno 5 SCs? I can't estimate how useful are other units, I hear superlatives, but can't tell if 12 nurglings is enough, of how many fly raiders I need.

Next are obligatory GUO and Daemon Prince. I'm on it, goinna get Daemon Prince from Titan Forge. ( http://www.titan-forge.com/sci-fi_miniatures_daemonic_kingdom_lord_of_decay )

And nowthe fun begins. How do I go about the rest of the army? Beasts of Nurgle? Plague Toads? Pox riders?

I also wanted to get myself some chaos spawns. Maybe even get 2 AOs maggotlords to convert them into FW Giant Chaos spawns.

what are your opinnions? How should I go about that?

First off: good choice of deity. Papa Nurgle bless.

As far as what to take, it is difficult to say. The new codex is right around the corner- hopefully we will see some buffs to underperforming units like drones or Great Unclean Ones. For now, it might be wise to work on the core of your army. Nurglings are useful for influencing the battlefield and controlling where an enemy deepstrikes, as are the ubiquitous plaguebearers. 

FW units are not likely to change any time soon, so a giant spawn or two seems solid. I have been itching to throw one of these together myself, since they are cheap and hardy.

See if you can get the Nurgle half of the Blight Wars box instead of another SC, as you can use the Slug Rider as Epidemius. And Epidemius can be very good. As Nurgle, you play the long game. For the rest:

Plaguebearers: Solid in either 30+full command or 10+musician groups. 60 sounds about right.

Nurglings: Ok, but you basically hand "First Blood" to your enemy. 12 should be more than enough.

Plague Drones: Since the DG update to their cost and the +1 wound they are solid, but I do not think you need 15 of them (5 SC or 4 + Blight Wars)

Beasts of Nurgle: Love these. Either solo for tackling tanks or in Squads of 3+ for breaking lines. They are solid. Even for summoning purposes they are good in grabbing last round VPs.

GUO, Daemon prince (I would use a DG one as of now) and Heralds are basically a must. Don´t forget Epidemius.

No idea about FW stuff

I also suggest that you check out Tabletoptactics.tv. They just had a Nurgle Daemons report and went over the Daemons. They were pretty damn strong even without a codex. They beat the #1 list from Heat One in that bat rep. It was crazy watching it unfold.

I can't seem to find that batrep.

I also suggest that you check out Tabletoptactics.tv. They just had a Nurgle Daemons report and went over the Daemons. They were pretty damn strong even without a codex. They beat the #1 list from Heat One in that bat rep. It was crazy watching it unfold.

Probably this one. It is paywall blocked.

Probably this one. It is paywall blocked.

Ah makes sense. Too bad, I don't like tabletop tactics enough to pay for some batreps.