Desert Orks

dchmp

i appreciate the feed back!  I agree with you Calyptra that ork skin is often to "painted" in stead of flesh like, so thats why it went that way.  Grandmagnus and Aothaine I've been thinking of doing the boyz a greenish color but haven't gotten it to work yet, any suggestions  on how to?  

i appreciate the feed back!  I agree with you Calyptra that ork skin is often to "painted" in stead of flesh like, so thats why it went that way.  Grandmagnus and Aothaine I've been thinking of doing the boyz a greenish color but haven't gotten it to work yet, any suggestions  on how to?  

OK, I can definetly agree that orks usually look very cartonish with their skin colour, but I tend to atribute that to the fact that green skin tones is something we are not used to in the real world so making it look real is difficult. I have however seen some good attempts that make them look really realistic even with green skin, particular people who make the skin around the mouth/lips and nose look more pinkish or atleast paler. Here is an example (not mine!):

3a182c0e3237d4881978edd6c7deafbb.jpg

Now this is obviously way above table top standard, but this is in my opinion an example of a very realistic looking skin tone for orks.

So Id suggest using a, I guess, drab green base coat and highlighting with ligther bone colours like 'pallid wych felsh' or 'screaming skull'. Now I will admit I am NOT an expert in painting greenskins, but that would be my suggestion. 

Again I want to repeat that your paintjob is still great and I'm looking forward to seeing the boyz ;)

I really like the idea of having a brownish orc, it's skin has changed to suit the environment.

Deathworld forest, ogryn camp and nurgling green with bone colours added would make good base colours for a brownish green for your boys.

Anyway great work on your model, love to see more of them when your ready!,

Cheers, Mithril

• 2 weeks later...