Tournament advice?

Hopper21

Im having a punt at the london grand tournament next year. My only objective is not to get tabled in every game. Im not expecting to win or particularly set the world on fire. Im just hoping for a kid free weekend boozing and gaming.

Im hoping to take a Primaris heavy list, I did have the a classic GMAN/Razoback/Fire raptor list. But when I saw the chapter approved points changes I thought to myself "do i need Gman?" How refreshing would it be to take a vanilla well rounded list just because it looks fantastic on the table?

Those who have attended tournaments, when list building what should I be covering? I just want to hold my own and get these primaris working.

Andy

Well, impossible to give any advice until the full scope of changes come out and we have tried them. I wouldn't put much stock into the current leak as it is not yet confirmed. All I can say is that in a copetitive environment my Primaris were almost always outmatched without Guilliman unless I played the Dark Shroud and Azrael.

Having said that, I also play pure Primaris with Scouts and all vehicles, so I will be keeping an eye out and see what I can do with the changes, when they come around.

Edited by Frater Cornelius

After lurking on the the other thread i was thinking of a nucleus of 2 replusors and 20 hell blasters inside. 3 squads of 5 intercessors with assault bolters, 6 interceptors.

Me just spit balling.

Im intetested in seeing how this Atreus thing turns out.

It's not particularly mobile but then wouldn't be with Primaris.

Not a bad core. The Hellblasters are particularly useful. I agree with the Assault version of Bolters on the Intercessors.

It's a going to be difficult to win tournaments with pure Primaris (without Guilliman. He was made for Primaris with those rerolls to wound. Even their Bolters are lethal with him). You lack real numbers if you take stuff like Repulsors etc but need them for decent anti tank weapons.