Creating an Iron Warriors Daemon Prince - help with parts

Warpmiss

A blast from the past which might help with inspiration (not my work):

Hidden Content

gallery_45765_13915_25126.jpg

gallery_45765_13915_2818.jpg

gallery_45765_13915_44409.jpg

This Daemon Prince is by @Chronophague who hasn't been around in ages. Since this isn't my work, I can't with how this conversion was done though most of it is relatively obvious. More picture here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/13915-chronophagues-iron-warrior-daemon-prince/

Goodness! Now that’s an amazing one!

But since I’m not too familiar with the whole range of miniatures I can’t really tell what many bits are. The only thing I think I recognize is the old DP model as the base, right? What appeals to me the most are the bits that have been used as thrusters because that’s exactly what I originally wanted to do but I am not sure what they are. Old Chaos Raptors, I think?

I quite like the image of wheezing sack of old organs in a cybernetic shell when it comes to Mechanicus :)

And I got sidetracked by other things - espescially when they teased Dark Mechanicum and I thought I would wait for some official rules or fluff.

I constantly feel the need to add spikes and chains and chaosy things ... Which does not seem right early HH. That is what keeps my HH stiuff in limbo. The Gods just want me to spike things up.

Well, that and really lax painting discipline

If that was the original intent then you are going it right! Not sure about the legs for AdMech, though.

I too wish we got Dark Mechanichum someday :(

<p>Definately look at:

• Iron Circle: With a few daemonic bits (look at the Bloat Drone for inspiration!) will look like an Ace DP.
  • Dark Eldar: Talos etc have some nice fleshy/ metal hybrids that look straight out of the Dark Mechanicus
  • Necrons: Quite a few bits, but you need to rough them up and add skulls etc - they look too clean otherwise IMO
  • Ad Mech: Kastellans, Cawl & the walkers would make some cool starting points!

I second a couple of Charlo's suggestions: a combination of Dark Eldar Talos and AM Kastellans/Striders/Cataphrons would be pretty cool.

The one I posted before has parts from a Talos engine and a necron Wraith but aside from those I didn’t see that many models from either Necrons or Dark Eldar that appealed to me. From those currently being sold by GW, at least.

AdMech has too many cool ones, though! But for the shake of simplicity I think I will stick to the Iron Circle Automata, plus I have a spare Foetid Bloat Drone that I haven’t glued yet so I could scavenge for parts if necessary.

So, with all this info, so far, if I still go for the Warmachine as base, the bits I have in mind are:

Warmachine Warjack: Torso

Iron Circle: Legs (possibly the head and arms as well)

Daemon prince: Thrusters/Exhaust pipes (but now that I’ve seen that model I’m thinking about the raptor thrusters)

Decimator/FW Dreadnought: Arms (the claw and some heavy cannon)

Defiler: Head and other chaosy bits I have lying around.

The other option that I like the most forgetting about the warjack and instead, as Charlo suggested, just use the Iron Circle as the base. But then I’m at a loss about which bits to choose to make it more demonic. I’d still try to stick some thrusters to it but aside from that I am not sure. Model some stuff with greenstuff?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I thought I'd update you on this.

So, I had decided to change the Warmachine model and go for an Iron Circle Automata or a Decimator as base for the DP. Well, I went to the store on Friday (they had some discounts for Black Friday) and this happened:

Clerk: So, do you want to replace it for another one, then?

Me: Not really, I was going to buy something completely different. See, I wanted to use it as base for a DP but I'm considering using a different model from FW. *I show him the picture of the Decimator*

Clerk: What if I told you I have one here?

Me: Whaaaat?

*He goes to get it and brings it to the counter*

Insta-buy.

FXi5PtX.jpg