To each their own, of course! :)

First Claw was a tricky cast of characters. All of them hold at least one of their battle-brothers in contempt, to say the least. Despite their various flaws, however, each of them enters deadly situations over and over to rescue the rest. While First Claw did move against Ruven, this was because of his conflicting loyalties (and general attitude about Chaos, I think). Cyrion is probably the only one who depicted acting maliciously against another member, having taken advantage of Uzas’s insanity to pin murders on him.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't Talos's idea.

But, uh, if you want happy endings, I think 40K is the wrong setting to be reading . . .

I think that is what the end of Void Reaver was all about.

Everyone thought that Sep and Octavia had a happy ending. Variel found someone, who could continue Talos' vision of uniting the Legion again. Everything seems to be "fine" until his name was revealed.

Well played, Aaron.

But, uh, if you want happy endings, I think 40K is the wrong setting to be reading . . .

Well, not necessarily for everyone. Just for the likeable people. Septimius and Octavia are humans, I´m a human, what´s not to like? :wink: :biggrin.:

They can kill as many Marines Errants as they like...

(...) 

I think that is what the end of Void Reaver was all about.

Everyone thought that Sep and Octavia had a happy ending. Variel found someone, who could continue Talos' vision of uniting the Legion again. Everything seems to be "fine" until his name was revealed.

Well played, Aaron.

Why would a Night Lord carry a "slave name", though? :huh.:

Edited by LordVelype

In honor of his parents or that he's owned by Talos' legacy and shares his fate of unifying the Legion?

Or he received his name from his parents and kept it.

Who knows besides Aaron? ^^

Perhaps Aaron should write another NL trilogy with Decimus. Would be a smash hit.

Only downside is it might delay the Black Legion series as he's a slow writer.

It'd sell like mad, for sure. But if I wanted to write for the coin, I'd be picking entirely different factions and time periods to write about. 

The most lucrative projects would be (I think)...

Finale of the Siege of Terra

A new NL series by the guy who started it

Anything set during or after Gathering Storm

A new Space Wolves series?

Custodians in 40K.

Anything dealing with famous Chapters / famous Loyalist Characters and their Primaris Marines.

Anything dealing with "advancing the timeline" and "explaining the Dark Imperium".

Spoilers: It's the stuff Guy writes about most of the time.

Custodians in 40K.

Anything dealing with famous Chapters / famous Loyalist Characters and their Primaris Marines.

Anything dealing with "advancing the timeline" and "explaining the Dark Imperium".

So Guy is just in it for the coin then?

Custodians in 40K.

So Guy is just in it for the coin then?

You have to really reach to get that from what I said, or believe I insinuated it.

Custodians in 40K.

Are you saying this is what is selling, or what you expect to sell going forward?

There doesnt seem to be a ton of fiction covering this already so the latter is my assumption.

I was just being deliberately obtuse with your earlier comments

But if I wanted to write for the coin, I'd be picking entirely different factions and time periods to write about. 

Custodians in 40K.

I wouldn't take anything I say very seriously

I was just being deliberately obtuse with your earlier comments

But if I wanted to write for the coin, I'd be picking entirely different factions and time periods to write about. 

Custodians in 40K.

I wouldn't take anything I say very seriously

No worries, I just always need to be careful; some people like to invent controversy regardless of the harm it causes or the lack of truth within it, etc. 

Custodians in 40K.

Are you saying this is what is selling, or what you expect to sell going forward?

There doesnt seem to be a ton of fiction covering this already so the latter is my assumption.

Oh, man, are you joking? Dark Imperium. Devastation of Baal. Carrion Throne. Emperor's Legion. Dante. Etc. These are the things people have been talking about constantly for almost a year, at this point, and are getting the lion's share of talk and attention. I'm not saying that's bad, but it's strange to see it disputed, if you get me. These are the ones giving "information" as well as good stories, and people crave information on the new metaplot, and how it affects the setting. Put Custodians on the cover of a 40K novel? Make bank. Talk about famous loyalist characters in the 'current' setting? Make bank. Also, the sky is up and water is wet.

Anyone can do it so I'm not saying it's something unique to Guy (and to a lesser extent Chris), but it's definitely a thing. Guy's fast enough to write this kind of thing and Age of Sigmar as well; he writes (literally) 2-3 times as fast Chris, and 4-5 times faster than me.

Perhaps Aaron should write another NL trilogy with Decimus. Would be a smash hit.

Only downside is it might delay the Black Legion series as he's a slow writer.

It'd sell like mad, for sure. But if I wanted to write for the coin, I'd be picking entirely different factions and time periods to write about. 

Ooouh, the real Aaron Demski-Bowden in here! :teehee: In earnest, I´ḿ honest.

Well, I think the "open" end is ok. Also if we continue with what Decimus promised to be, shouldn´t the Night Lords become a LOT more important? :unsure.:

P.S.: Decimus is Octavias child, right? Please don´t break my heart... :unsure.: :sweat:

Oh, man, are you joking? Dark Imperium. Devastation of Baal. Carrion Throne. Emperor's Legion. Dante. Etc. These are the things people have been talking about constantly for almost a year, at this point, and are getting the lion's share of talk and attention. I'm not saying that's bad, but it's strange to see it disputed, if you get me. These are the ones giving "information" as well as good stories, and people crave information on the new metaplot, and how it affects the setting. Put Custodians on the cover of a 40K novel? Make bank. Talk about famous loyalist characters in the 'current' setting? Make bank. Also, the sky is up and water is wet.

Anyone can do it so I'm not saying it's something unique to Guy (and to a lesser extent Chris), but it's definitely a thing. Guy's fast enough to write this kind of thing and Age of Sigmar as well; he writes (literally) 2-3 times as fast Chris, and 4-5 times faster than me.

*looks up from his work computer and notes the date*

Forgive me, I was serious, but this year has been a beating for me. Point taken. :]