Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++Deep Below the City Streets - Necromunda Underhive++

Necromunca Underhive Goliath Escher

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chapter of the Ruined King

Heyo folks. Me again. Back for another round of showing up and then leaving without warning, right? tongue.png Well, let's see. Today's going to kind of be a bit of a special case because my local store owner commissioned me to take care of this little beauty for him.

ccz30nj.jpg

Safe to say I'm really, honestly excited and I can't wait to dig in. Only stickler here, boys and girls is that I've got a week to complete this entire set and have it ready for demo games next Saturday. With that in mind, this is going to kind of be a one and done blog, keep it short and sweet but I was hoping to share with you good folks and hope some of you might enjoy it. Not feeling super great tonight so this will probably be the only thing I'll post for the evening but keep your eyes peeled, because I'm going to post at least one update every day for the week. 

Let's do this, lads! devil.gif

• Reyner, Grotsmasha, Larkyn and 6 others like this

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,356 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Fists

Looking forward to seeing you tackle this box, Noctus. Welcome back. :tu:

gallery_45765_13882_50260.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_45765_5904_4405.png

"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Tyranids (& Genestealer Cults) | Liber Astartes

Crimson Guard [models | DIY lore] - W:0 D:0 L:2

Hive Fleet Behemoth [models] - W:0 D:0 L:0

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts

Thanks, Dosjetka. Glad to be back. 

So, first thing up today is I started building some of the blokes from Goliath. A small note that just a reminder these aren't for me, so there won't be a whole lot of conversions done for them (unlike what I usually do.) The store owner wants them for demo games and collection, so these models will look pretty standard.

The Goliath models are, over all, really solid. They're friggin huge! Over all, the kit seems pretty solid. Not as much variety as I had hoped, but enough bits and position that you could probably make some sweet conversions with. I was really hoping that I could make an entire gang of guys with just gas masks (half or full) and, while there's only one full and one half gas mask per sprue sheet (meaning only 4 per ten guys) the sprue actually has a full gas mask piece that's supposed to be used as belt decoration. Given the way the heads come in two parts, I wanted to check if that gas mask decoration would work and... lo and behold, it does work, with only a little bit of green stuff to be added. Since I get to keep the extra bits from this set, when I get my own box I should be able to make a full Goliath gang with gas masks. Can't wait for that! :D

I  also have to say how glad I am that they added the industrial hive city bases to the kit. I think that was a really unnecessary but nice touch to the set that helps the models really fit into the setting. 

Now then, on to the models, shall we? 

First up we've got Bonesnapper (no, I didn't pick these names it's from the book)

YD9kFnW.jpg

nv2gLtd.jpg

And his 'twin' brother Rork

snbjwHh.jpg

5ss9awL.jpg

Last up, for now we have 'Splitter' Korg. He seems like a nice fellow.

zQTGFSX.jpg

IFoAokF.jpg

That's all for now but expect another update later today. I'll be trying to finish up all the models for House Goliath today. 

• Brother Dallo, Kierdale and OakRiver like this

Cpt Ventris

Cpt Ventris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,633 posts
  • Chapter Name: See signature plan

Well if anything the models are in good hands, can't wait to see them finished.

Btw, how do they scale with other 40k models?

Legions/Chapters/Armies/Forces/Whatever:

30k: 141st Expeditionary Fleet 'Legion of Terra' - XIIIth Legion Detachment 'Warborn'

40k: SM: Astral Claws 3rd company; Sol Wardens; Steel Wolves 5th Crusade Fleet; Dorn's Sentinels

Astra Militarum/Imperial Guard: 83rd Tyrant's Legion

BA Successor: Crimson Saints

DA Successor: Void Angels

Renegade Astartes: Black Legion

True-Scale: The Legion of Blackshields

"The measure of true glory is not to give battle in the bright noon of war, surrounded by brave comrades upon the field of victory, but to valiantly fight on alone in darkness, with no hope of aid or remembrance, and to spit defiance in midnight's eye." - Lion El'Jonson, Primarch of the 1st Legion

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts

How about I show you. :)

FWj3vg1.jpg

• Cpt Ventris likes this

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts

Alright, new update. Took a bit of time but now I've got all of the House Goliath lads built. 

First up, Kruger with his automatic grenade launcher.

ZEAv6j5.jpg

Next we've got boss Skullshank himself. (Yes, that is his name.)

mYTM0ls.jpg

Grendel with his cheeky grin and his rivet canon.

ARVaYhK.jpg

Varik (one of my favorites) 

tTRRC4d.jpg

Brakk.

Nisbuvg.jpg

Nox the Ripper (seems like a nice guy)

UJjHlmP.jpg

And lastly Drago.

Sgy74N7.jpg

And I'll finish this photo dump off with a picture of the whole gang. 

OjSDaLC.jpg

I'll be building the ladies for House Escher tomorrow but I'll leave it at this for the day. Gotta get back to school work. Cheers, lads.

• Kierdale and OakRiver like this

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,168 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN [STORM]

Looking good so far, Noctus. Eager to see them painted up in your distinct aesthetic!

(And just for a second, can we take a moment to appreciate how absolutely gorgeous those 'Munda/ZM bases are? How I wish they came in more sizes so I could outfit a small ZM army with them...)

tn_gallery_78067_12186_5335.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_74708.pnggallery_78067_13866_16575.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_44597.png

VII Legion. Now, Forever, and Always.

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts

You know they would work great side by side with Sector Mechanicus industrial bases, right? tongue.png

If you want a zone mortalis army with appropriate basing, that'd be the way to go, mate.

Edited by Noctus Cornix, 13 November 2017 - 04:14 AM.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,168 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN [STORM]

Sector Mechanicus...

*facepalm*

Dear God, I'm dense sometimes. Yeah, that'll definitely work. Thanks for the direction. teehee.gif

• Noctus Cornix likes this

tn_gallery_78067_12186_5335.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_74708.pnggallery_78067_13866_16575.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_44597.png

VII Legion. Now, Forever, and Always.

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts

Sector Mechanicus...

*facepalm*

Dear God, I'm dense sometimes. Yeah, that'll definitely work. Thanks for the direction. teehee.gif

Ay, no problem, man. Always happy to help.  :P

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,940 posts
  • Chapter Name: IV Legion, XIII Legion

They look awesome man :D If you have any Primaris Reivers how does the head look next to a Goliath one? I have a certain conversion in mind that shall be shiny and chrome.

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

ShotgunFacelift

ShotgunFacelift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 314 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Old Bloods
The model builds look great, looking forward to the next update.

I understand the set comes with lots of different head/accessories, is this the case? And will there be any leftover for the bits box?

How easy will they be to convert?
Similar to the mono pose models Or better?

There is a natural order, the way things are meant to be. An order that says the righteous always win, that you die when it's your time or when you have it coming, that the ending is always happy,  if only for the just.

Now at some point it became clear that our path had been chosen for us, and we had nothing further to offer this realm. Our options narrowing down to a traitor's due or subservience to the greed of the weak.

So we stepped off the path and went looking for the glory that we knew was looking for us.

Alatheus Boroldai - Acting 3rd Company Captain -- Astral Claws

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts

Had a really busy day with school work today so apologies but I wasn't able to have an update today. Should have one up by tomorrow night. I'll be glad to answer all your questions in detail when I can. :)

A small note, just so everyone knows and I can be transparent. I have a full copy of the box and everything in it to perform demo games for my store this coming weekend. However, I will not be answering any questions about the rules of the game but will happily answer anything concerning the models provided, if I am able. 

Edited by Noctus Cornix, 14 November 2017 - 10:52 AM.

• Corswain likes this

Corswain

Corswain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,404 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ist, IVth and VIIIth Legions
Looking good so far. Varik’s helmet is by far my favourite one I’ve seen.

It looks like you have to build them to the “standard” loadout (understandably, for a demo box), but how do you think they’ll go with making your own? Plenty of options?

OakRiver

OakRiver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 171 posts
  • Chapter Name: IX Legion

Looks awesome!! I'm really excited for the new Necromunda, especially after seeing the Beastman Bounty Hunter. I'm waiting to see what other gangs get released before I jump in.

Silly question, but when you are assembling the Escher Gang could we see how they scale with Dark Eldar/Harlequins? 

Paradogmatic

Paradogmatic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts
  • Chapter Name: 1642nd Explorator Fleet

They look awesome man biggrin.png If you have any Primaris Reivers how does the head look next to a Goliath one? I have a certain conversion in mind that shall be shiny and chrome.

A man of my own heart I believe -- seeing these shots I think there's a future in Goliath-Primaris conversions -- My first shot is aimed at Primaris Scouts ( Plays as regular scouts ) -- Reiver Parts + Goliath parts with the chest armour plate dressed up as part of the black carapace for a final look of Catachan-Marines gone Roid-rage -- armed with shotguns I believe if I do it right ;)

That + you get a mowhawk, and you get a mowhawk..  and YOU get a mowhawk.

• Reyner likes this

//LEGION//GAMMA++OMICRON  -- Transmit

++ 1642nd Explorator Fleet - Yggdrasil // Finished // WIP

---++ Unforgiven Sons ( Element 242//Primaris Program ) - Yggdrasil - Allied Primaris Detatchment  // Finished // WIP

//REDACTED

Stercus

Stercus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,377 posts
Looks like they’re a similar size to the AOS slaughterpriests. If that is actually the case I may eBay some to use as ogryns.

<p>gallery_48988_6285_50857.png
My thread of things:
http://www.bolterand...lds-some-stuff/

WIP Index Astartes Articles:

Gatekeepers: http://www.bolterand...pers/?p=4192488

Harvesters: http://www.bolterand...ters/?p=4192489

Sons of Aetius: http://www.bolterand...tius/?p=4192491

Stercus percussit molendinum ad

Ovidius Incertus

Ovidius Incertus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,037 posts
  • Chapter Name: Flesh Tearers

How would the heads on the Goliath gangers fit on a Space Marine (Primaris and Normarines)?

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpg

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,356 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Fists

Looking forward to seeing your next update, especially since Saturday is in two day's time!

gallery_45765_13882_50260.pnggallery_45765_12908_1745.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_45765_5904_4405.png

"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Tyranids (& Genestealer Cults) | Liber Astartes

Crimson Guard [models | DIY lore] - W:0 D:0 L:2

Hive Fleet Behemoth [models] - W:0 D:0 L:0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromunca, Underhive, Goliath, Escher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users