++Deep Below the City Streets - Necromunda Underhive++

Noctus Cornix

Heyo folks. Me again. Back for another round of showing up and then leaving without warning, right? :tongue.: Well, let's see. Today's going to kind of be a bit of a special case because my local store owner commissioned me to take care of this little beauty for him.

ccz30nj.jpg

Safe to say I'm really, honestly excited and I can't wait to dig in. Only stickler here, boys and girls is that I've got a week to complete this entire set and have it ready for demo games next Saturday. With that in mind, this is going to kind of be a one and done blog, keep it short and sweet but I was hoping to share with you good folks and hope some of you might enjoy it. Not feeling super great tonight so this will probably be the only thing I'll post for the evening but keep your eyes peeled, because I'm going to post at least one update every day for the week. 

Let's do this, lads! :devil:

Thanks, Dosjetka. Glad to be back. 

So, first thing up today is I started building some of the blokes from Goliath. A small note that just a reminder these aren't for me, so there won't be a whole lot of conversions done for them (unlike what I usually do.) The store owner wants them for demo games and collection, so these models will look pretty standard.

The Goliath models are, over all, really solid. They're friggin huge! Over all, the kit seems pretty solid. Not as much variety as I had hoped, but enough bits and position that you could probably make some sweet conversions with. I was really hoping that I could make an entire gang of guys with just gas masks (half or full) and, while there's only one full and one half gas mask per sprue sheet (meaning only 4 per ten guys) the sprue actually has a full gas mask piece that's supposed to be used as belt decoration. Given the way the heads come in two parts, I wanted to check if that gas mask decoration would work and... lo and behold, it does work, with only a little bit of green stuff to be added. Since I get to keep the extra bits from this set, when I get my own box I should be able to make a full Goliath gang with gas masks. Can't wait for that! :D

I  also have to say how glad I am that they added the industrial hive city bases to the kit. I think that was a really unnecessary but nice touch to the set that helps the models really fit into the setting. 

Now then, on to the models, shall we? 

First up we've got Bonesnapper (no, I didn't pick these names it's from the book)

YD9kFnW.jpg

nv2gLtd.jpg

And his 'twin' brother Rork

snbjwHh.jpg

5ss9awL.jpg

Last up, for now we have 'Splitter' Korg. He seems like a nice fellow.

zQTGFSX.jpg

IFoAokF.jpg

That's all for now but expect another update later today. I'll be trying to finish up all the models for House Goliath today. 

Alright, new update. Took a bit of time but now I've got all of the House Goliath lads built. 

First up, Kruger with his automatic grenade launcher.

ZEAv6j5.jpg

Next we've got boss Skullshank himself. (Yes, that is his name.)

mYTM0ls.jpg

Grendel with his cheeky grin and his rivet canon.

ARVaYhK.jpg

Varik (one of my favorites) 

tTRRC4d.jpg

Brakk.

Nisbuvg.jpg

Nox the Ripper (seems like a nice guy)

UJjHlmP.jpg

And lastly Drago.

Sgy74N7.jpg

And I'll finish this photo dump off with a picture of the whole gang. 

OjSDaLC.jpg

I'll be building the ladies for House Escher tomorrow but I'll leave it at this for the day. Gotta get back to school work. Cheers, lads.

Looking good so far, Noctus. Eager to see them painted up in your distinct aesthetic!

(And just for a second, can we take a moment to appreciate how absolutely gorgeous those 'Munda/ZM bases are? How I wish they came in more sizes so I could outfit a small ZM army with them...)

You know they would work great side by side with Sector Mechanicus industrial bases, right? :tongue.:

If you want a zone mortalis army with appropriate basing, that'd be the way to go, mate.

Edited by Noctus Cornix

The model builds look great, looking forward to the next update.

I understand the set comes with lots of different head/accessories, is this the case? And will there be any leftover for the bits box?

How easy will they be to convert?

Similar to the mono pose models Or better?

Had a really busy day with school work today so apologies but I wasn't able to have an update today. Should have one up by tomorrow night. I'll be glad to answer all your questions in detail when I can. :)

A small note, just so everyone knows and I can be transparent. I have a full copy of the box and everything in it to perform demo games for my store this coming weekend. However, I will not be answering any questions about the rules of the game but will happily answer anything concerning the models provided, if I am able. 

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Looking good so far. Varik’s helmet is by far my favourite one I’ve seen.

It looks like you have to build them to the “standard” loadout (understandably, for a demo box), but how do you think they’ll go with making your own? Plenty of options?

Looks awesome!! I'm really excited for the new Necromunda, especially after seeing the Beastman Bounty Hunter. I'm waiting to see what other gangs get released before I jump in.

Silly question, but when you are assembling the Escher Gang could we see how they scale with Dark Eldar/Harlequins? 

They look awesome man :biggrin.: If you have any Primaris Reivers how does the head look next to a Goliath one? I have a certain conversion in mind that shall be shiny and chrome.

A man of my own heart I believe -- seeing these shots I think there's a future in Goliath-Primaris conversions -- My first shot is aimed at Primaris Scouts ( Plays as regular scouts ) -- Reiver Parts + Goliath parts with the chest armour plate dressed up as part of the black carapace for a final look of Catachan-Marines gone Roid-rage -- armed with shotguns I believe if I do it right ;)

That + you get a mowhawk, and you get a mowhawk..  and YOU get a mowhawk.

Oy vey... So it's.... been something of a rough week for me. Had some bad news at the beginning of the week and then just got subsequent slammed by a veritable mountain of work for my graduate degree. I tried my best to try and make the time for working on Necromunda but I just couldn't do it. So I had to talk with my store owner and he gave me an extension for it. I feel like a jackass for letting him down but some times things just aren't really in your control and I have to take school first. So, that being said, I have until probably about Tuesday to finish all the models. I have them all built and primed now as I was in made rush working for about 10 hours on this stuff last night, but not really any pictures for you guys right now. I'll be sure to take some more pictures later but I'm gonna go to the game store and work on the models there for today. Look forward to seeing some painted models tonight, I guess. :sweat:

Now let's answer some questions, shall we?

Looking good so far. Varik’s helmet is by far my favourite one I’ve seen.

It looks like you have to build them to the “standard” loadout (understandably, for a demo box), but how do you think they’ll go with making your own? Plenty of options?

To be perfectly honest, there's a bit of variety but the loadout options are pretty sparse. You Goliath, for example, doesn't even have autogun/lasgun options and for the stub cannons (the huge revolvers) there's only about 4 so you can't say load up everyone of the 10 guys with a basic weapon. I have a lot of ideas that I think will be pretty cool for my Goliath boys but  it's going to involve some conversion work.

I have a little idea floating around that I may or may not go with that involves a small band of Goliath who have taken to worship of an ancient corpse of Space Marine armour they found below the hive. It's a suit of MK II armour bearing the original colors and heraldry of the XII Legion. (War Hounds) So, because they believe this is some kind of ancient relic of a angel fallen in battle, they took to the crimson hound as their sigil and go by the name of War Dogs (name pending)

They look awesome man :biggrin.: If you have any Primaris Reivers how does the head look next to a Goliath one? I have a certain conversion in mind that shall be shiny and chrome.

I know I have a few Reiver helmets lying around... but I couldn't seem to find them. So, sorry if this isn't the best but I pulled out a model that I've already built (a havoc I made recently) and hope that works as a bit of a side by side comparison. As you can see they're mostly the same size. Reiver head is a bit thicker but I think it should work fine for what you're thinking. And yes, I've had that idea too. :wink:

3xRCzTQ.jpg

The model builds look great, looking forward to the next update.

I understand the set comes with lots of different head/accessories, is this the case? And will there be any leftover for the bits box?

How easy will they be to convert?
Similar to the mono pose models Or better?

Yes there are a fair few spare parts and bits, as for the heads well that's a different story. You'll find that the heads for this set (both Goliath and Escher) are broken into parts. You have an assortment of faces (of which you will have several to spare when you're done) but as for the hair/neck piece you really only have enough for the 10. So if what you're looking for is spare heads then I'm sorry but these kits don't really provide.

Conversion work, I'd say they're pretty easy enough. For the most part you should be fine with the general weapon replacement or head swap but if you're looking to repose arms or legs then you might come into some trouble. I'd say it's easier to convert than mono pose ones though. There's plenty of options for customization so long as you expect to be looking through their respective kits.

Looks awesome!! I'm really excited for the new Necromunda, especially after seeing the Beastman Bounty Hunter. I'm waiting to see what other gangs get released before I jump in.

Silly question, but when you are assembling the Escher Gang could we see how they scale with Dark Eldar/Harlequins? 

I don't have a picture (though I will try to remember and take one later ) but they're fairly close in scale. I only have a random kabalite warrior at home so while the Escher girls are a bit taller, I think it's mostly due to their more upright pose.

Alright, got my first finished Goliath model. What's more I have the wonderful news that I got a new phone! And along with that a shiny new camera that's much better than the last 4 year old piece of junk I had. Old gal served me well but she was on her last legs. Well, out with the old and in with the new, right? :P

Now, on to the model, yes? Please let me know what you think of the model and what you think of the camera work. Always looking to improve.

CaFhLCi.jpg

qCtQev1.jpg

tnTb6Xa.jpg

JzdkESr.jpg

As always, enjoy. :)