Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k list, first timer at tournament.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Realgone

Realgone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts

Here's the list i've used in a local tournament yesterday, final result is 2 win 1 loss. Win: Imperial guard (13-6) and alpha legion warband (16-11), loss: Eldar (10-9).

- Magnus (weaver of faith, death hex, warptime)

- Ahriman on disk (prescience, infernal gaze, weaver of faith)

- 2x full lascannon predator

- 1x 5 man unit of havoc with 4 autocannons, bolt pistol and chainsword.

- 1x 10 rubricae, soulreaper cannon, 1x warpflammer, force staff and inferno bolt pistol.

- 1x 10 rubricae, soulreaper cannon, 1x warpflammer, force staff and warpflame pistol.

- 1x 5 man scarab occult, soulreaper cannon, hellfyre missile rack, force staff and inferno combi-bolter.

- 2x 10 horrors, 3 blue and 7 brimstone

- 1x 10 horrors, 4 blue, and 6 brimstone (no stategy here, just used what i've got.)

Please feel free to comment, overall it was fun and a good way for having 3 games in the same day. If I would had have the first turn with eldar i'm pretty sure I would have end up on top. smile.png

Edited by Realgone, 12 November 2017 - 02:16 PM.

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,057 posts
What was your strategy with Magnus go for a deepstrike or did you deploy and hope for first turn?

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Realgone

Realgone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts

What was your strategy with Magnus go for a deepstrike or did you deploy and hope for first turn?

So far, since i've got only a handful of game with him is deploy, move but stay out of range of deny the witch to cast weaver of faith and warptime, get in the thick of thing than smite and charge.

Edited by Realgone, 25 November 2017 - 11:32 PM.

• Raven1 likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,472 posts
Hehe. Yea that is the Magnus cannonball recipe.

I’m glad you did well I would love to hear a breakdown of the IG game. Those guys are nasty.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Realgone

Realgone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts

Hehe. Yea that is the Magnus cannonball recipe.

I’m glad you did well I would love to hear a breakdown of the IG game. Those guys are nasty.

I don't really remember the details, but roughly on first turn I managed to explode two tanks with magnus and the las pred. By the end of turn two all 4 tanks that were previously grouped together were gone. There was two left and a bunch of guys. Turn 3 saw the death of Magnus, all that time my opponent was shooting with almost all he had on him. By then my rubrics had got nearer with all 3 mobs of horrors before them and the scarab had deep strike to try to get his warlord. The two las pred and the havoc were all alive and well aswell. From there it went downhill for the imperial guard.

Would like to be able to describe better, but I don't know the name of the IG units, beside the Leman Russ. Still rather new to the game. Been playing for a bit more than a year.

Edited by Realgone, 28 November 2017 - 01:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users