Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hey Another New DG Player, First 2k List

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

shakedown47

shakedown47

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

Like the title says, planning out the purchases for my first 2k List. I've played on and off since 2nd edition and have decided to pick it back up again in 2018. This list seems well balanced to me but I'd be interested in the community's feedback, especially regarding whether or not I have enough firepower to justify taking the Crawlers over a pair of Helbrutes. Thanks!

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [47 PL, 832pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: Blades of Putrefaction, Daemonic axe, Fugaris' Helm, Wings

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [6 PL, 72pts]: 17x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Plague Marines [10 PL, 173pts]
. Plague Champion: Plaguesword, Plasma gun
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Plague Marines [10 PL, 175pts]
. Plague Champion: Plaguesword, Plasma gun
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [53 PL, 1048pts] ++

+ HQ +

Lord of Contagion [7 PL, 150pts]: Plaguereaper

+ Elites +

Deathshroud Terminators [11 PL, 225pts]
. Deathshroud Champion: Manreaper, Plaguespurt gauntlets
. 2x Deathshroud Terminator: 2x Manreaper, 2x Plaguespurt gauntlets

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Land Raider [19 PL, 367pts]: Havoc launcher, Twin heavy bolter, 2x Twin lascannon

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 156pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy Slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 150pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy Slugger

++ Battalion Detachment (Chaos - FW Heretic Astartes) [7 PL, 120pts] ++

+ HQ +

Necrosius the Undying [7 PL, 120pts]: Blades of Putrefaction, Miasma of Pestilence, Plague Wind

++ Total: [107 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by shakedown47, 13 November 2017 - 07:57 PM.

shakedown47

shakedown47

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

With the changes from Chapter Approved, I'm able to save enough points to either: 

A. Drop the Cultists, drop a combi-bolter from a vehicle, and add a 7-man CC-oriented PM squad with 2x Plague Belchers. These would be put into the Rhino of course and moved up the board as quickly as possible, while the 3x plasma squad would hold a position and rapid fire at 18" and the 2x blight launcher squad advanced on foot. The best thing about this option, to me, is the addition of more power armor as an aesthetic choice and, in almost all cases, 7 PMs will have vastly more staying power than 18 cultists.

B. Drop the wings from the DP, and leave enough reserve points to summon in 20 plague bearers. Once stuck in CC, the DP can summon the plague bearer horde into the enemy's backline to grab objectives and tie powerful units up in CC. I like this option because summoning units in is a fun mechanic, but overall I'm not sure it's as effective as option A. and starting the game with 140 points off the table just puts that much more pressure on my front line units to weather the opening salvos of enemy fire.

Thoughts?

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I personally would go with option A.  Gives you more flexibility. 

In Option B you are loosing a lot of mobility on your DP on the hope you can get him  into position to summon.

Definitely A. msn-wink.gif 

• shakedown47 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users