ART - The March of the Lost: XX Legion

Spaced Hulk

Hi there. As I said in the general discussion thread, the awesome work you've all produced for this project has inspired me to try building and painting some of my own models for the Brotherhood of the Lost. If you've ever seen Kizzdougs excellent March of the Legions project for canon 30k, that's kind of what I'm aiming for at the moment (although I'm afraid I'm nowhere near as talented a hobbyist or painter as Kizzdougs though :smile.: ). So, with that out of the way, here's my first attempt, a warrior of the fearsome XX Legion, the Predators:

gallery_917_13910_428934.jpg

gallery_917_13910_788240.jpg

med_gallery_917_13910_605601.jpg med_gallery_917_13910_482439.jpg

med_gallery_917_13910_1112923.jpg med_gallery_917_13910_618801.jpg

gallery_917_13910_1539343.jpg

The xenos skull on top of his power pack is supposed to represent a trophy from Mardum (possibly some sort of carnivorous bipedal reptile?), and I mounted it on top to emulate a tribal headdress. Apart from that and the skull face mask crafted into the Mark IV helm (obviously it's actually a Night Lords helm) I've tried to keep the rest of the model relatively clear to give me plenty of space to freehand tribal markings and chapter symbols.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get him primed until the weekend (weather permitting), so in the interim I thought I might try to write a bit of fluff to accompany the model, either a piece of short fiction and/or a small character description in the style of Forgeworld's Heresy books. However, I really don't want to step on anyone's toes, so if you'd rather I stayed away from the fluff please let me know.

Thanks for looking, hope you like the model! :smile.:

Edited by Lord Thørn

Hi there. As I said in the general discussion thread, the awesome work you've all produced for this project has inspired me to try building and painting some of my own models for the Brotherhood of the Lost. If you've ever seen Kizzdougs excellent March of the Legions project for canon 30k, that's kind of what I'm aiming for at the moment (although I'm afraid I'm nowhere near as talented a hobbyist or painter as Kizzdougs though :smile.: ). So, with that out of the way, here's my first attempt, a warrior of the fearsome XX Legion, the Predators:

gallery_917_13910_428934.jpg

gallery_917_13910_788240.jpg

med_gallery_917_13910_605601.jpg med_gallery_917_13910_482439.jpg

med_gallery_917_13910_1112923.jpg med_gallery_917_13910_618801.jpg

gallery_917_13910_1539343.jpg

The xenos skull on top of his power pack is supposed to represent a trophy from Mardum (possibly some sort of carnivorous bipedal reptile?), and I mounted it on top to emulate a tribal headdress. Apart from that and the skull face mask crafted into the Mark IV helm (obviously it's actually a Night Lords helm) I've tried to keep the rest of the model relatively clear to give me plenty of space to freehand tribal markings and chapter symbols.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get him primed until the weekend (weather permitting), so in the interim I thought I might try to write a bit of fluff to accompany the model, either a piece of short fiction and/or a small character description in the style of Forgeworld's Heresy books. However, I really don't want to step on anyone's toes, so if you'd rather I stayed away from the fluff please let me know.

Thanks for looking, hope you like the model! :smile.:

QbJ5_f-maxage-0.gif

Awesome!

Be my guest, mate. Feel free to write whatever you want. If you need anything, feel free to ask. :)