Good Tyranid Prime equipment?

ServoBadger

Boneswords, deathspitter. Same as ever, really.

Your choice of combat weapon, but the spitters has the range to keep him safe. I think either claws or swords are better off just taking one pair. Swords are more reliable.

TBH, unless you have a lot of warriors, the neurothrope had made the prime a bit redundant. You might be better with 3 warriors.

Edited by Xenith

Boneswords, deathspitter. Same as ever, really.

Your choice of combat weapon, but the spitters has the range to keep him safe. I think either claws or swords are better off just taking one pair. Swords are more reliable.

TBH, unless you have a lot of warriors, the neurothrope had made the prime a bit redundant. You might be better with 3 warriors.

Pretty much this, I run my Primes with deathspitters and rending claws. One thing to add is that you can replace the rending claws with The Maw-claws of Thrax to get re-rolls after you kill a dude against the the model type of the victim. Sadly no warrior size bonesword artefact.

If you wanted to run a pure melee prime, quad bone swords sounds (and probably looks) badass

If you wanted to run a pure melee prime, quad bone swords sounds (and probably looks) badass

Indeed, I'm strongly swaying towards quad swords on my warriors, however a sword/spitter warrior for 3pts more is more flexible, getting 3 shots as they advance.

My other thought were sword/spinefist warriors as they would also look cool, however spinefists are still a bit gank. Still, 23pts per model with pair or swords and a spinefist, getting an extra 3 shots with the pistol if they get locked in combat.