Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Return of Necromunda... (New Thread)

Necromunda

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Kastor Krieg

Kastor Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,897 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

I just had a crazy idea. Buy myself a box of 10 human Blood Bowl players. Convert them into a PDF / Arbites crew with headswaps and adding shooty weapons.

Voila! :v

• mithrilforge, Ulfgrim Alvsbane, Reyner and 1 other like this

Threefold Brush Studio
Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! (pick two msn-wink.gif). We ship our works worldwide.

psp20ZC.jpggallery_45765_12908_1745.png

+ SUFFER NOT THE TFG TO PLAY +
+ ABHOR THE WAAC, DESTROY THE WAAC +
+ UPHOLD THE HONOUR OF THE FAIR PLAY+
+ ACCEPT ANY PICKUP GAME, NO MATTER THE ODDS +

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts
  • Chapter Name: IVth Legion

I just had a crazy idea. Buy myself a box of 10 human Blood Bowl players. Convert them into a PDF / Arbites crew with headswaps and adding shooty weapons.

Take your guns:
http://anvilindustry...?search=Shotgun
  • Avicenna likes this
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,629 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

Take your guns:

Pretty sure those are too big, I'd prefer the weapons from the Neophyte set.

• Major_Gilbear likes this

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts

Take your guns:
Pretty sure those are too big, I'd prefer the weapons from the Neophyte set.
Nah, they'd fit nicely.
I used them for my Recons:
https://www.instagra.../p/BZmRJPZACUp/

Kastor Krieg

Kastor Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,897 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

I think I'll just use spare guns from the Escher. But I have both the Anvil and Victoria small arms in my crosshairs as well :)

• Gorgoff likes this

Threefold Brush Studio
Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! (pick two msn-wink.gif). We ship our works worldwide.

psp20ZC.jpggallery_45765_12908_1745.png

+ SUFFER NOT THE TFG TO PLAY +
+ ABHOR THE WAAC, DESTROY THE WAAC +
+ UPHOLD THE HONOUR OF THE FAIR PLAY+
+ ACCEPT ANY PICKUP GAME, NO MATTER THE ODDS +

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts

I think I'll just use spare guns from the Escher. But I have both the Anvil and Victoria small arms in my crosshairs as well :)

And if ya wanna go full Judge Dredd take these helmets into your crosshair as well:
https://puppetswar.e...?id_product=367

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts

I think I'll just use spare guns from the Escher. But I have both the Anvil and Victoria small arms in my crosshairs as well smile.png

The anvil 'regiment' weapons are imperial guard scale, as opposed to the space marine sized 'exo lord' range. They mostly are missing stocks though, as they're designed to fit with their regiment arms which have universal stocks built in.

Victoria are IG sized mostly.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,084 posts
  • Chapter Name: 7th Terran Regiment
Edit. My Bad.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 20 November 2017 - 08:45 PM.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,670 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIIth Legion
We have a whole forum just for Other Games, of which Necromunda is included. In fact, there is already a general purpose Necromunda discussion going on in there.

Let's leave this topic to discussion about the news and rumors about the impending Necromunda release. All other Necromunda banter should go into the Other Games forum (or the Forge, for those of you that want to discuss the modeling/painting aspects).
  • walter h likes this

gallery_26_548_2975.gif
gallery_26_548_5714.png
gallery_26_548_11725.gif

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,670 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIIth Legion

Only slightly interested in 'Munda sadly. What made like 70+% of draw of the game was all that terrain, and making cool terrain, but the base game is 2D... Have to read a bit about the 3D expansion, but I'm rather sceptical. Especially since I haven't even had time to try Shadow-war Armageddon, which is basically old Necromunda but with 40k dudes...

However, I will be getting some of those barricades I think, and the bases look really good, with competitive pricing too!
Just have to figure out if changing like 150 bases is reasonable...

Well, the boards in the base game are 2D, but they clearly represent 3D settings. It would be very easy to play each battle on 3D terrain (not necessarily multi-level, which the Gang War expansion seems to cover, but 3D such as the FW Zone Mortalis sets or any number of third party terrain kits). Or imagine playing Necromunda on Space Hulk tiles. Granted, we'll have to see what the battle/mission rules specify, but there's probably plenty of room for very interesting terrain creation/usage. At a guess, the 2D boards are to keep the price down and to preserve some level of gateway for less committed players (less setup, less to assemble/paint, etc.). It would have been really nice to have the box come with loads of terrain like Shadow War: Armageddon did, but I'm guessing that GW is hanging its hat on selling more of the existing (and new) terrain kits to support the game for those players that want to increase the immersion.

I'm pleased to hear that the Goliaths may have female models coming out. House Goliath lore never precluded the presence of females within the house. Escher shouldn't have males unless they revise the lore:

...[House] Escher is made up almost entirely of women. The few males are shrivelled and imbecilic, perhaps as the result of a genetic flaw within the House bloodline. Whatever the reason, they play no part in the normal affairs of the Escher.

I'm not sure if it has been brought up before, and I'm not going to wade through this discussion or its predecessor to find out, but it would be nice if GW pushed out preliminary rules for the other houses in a manner similar to the Index books that came out for legacy armies when WH40K 8th Edition was released. This would allow players with appropriate minis to utilize their other gangers until the new rules are released. Lots of people had their favorites that weren't Goliath or Escher (I was an Enforcers fan because I'm an uptight boy scout, in my wife's words), so being able to play(test) other gangs would be nice. I'm sure the diehard Necromunda fans are already planning such an effort (and if they're not, would there be any interest in working on such a product here at the B&C?).

Personally, I'm not a fan of the size of the models because I would prefer if the entire range of Citadel miniatures followed the same scale. We've beat that horse to death several times now, though, so I'll stop whining. Size issues aside, the models are stunning.

As far as the possibilities of conversions (changing equipment) goes, I'm guessing that GW's goal is to promote sales of kits this way, getting hobbyists to buy additional kits so that they can convert a stable of models with varying equipment to represent their gangers. Enterprising hobbyists will magnetize for WYSIWYG, and some with tolerant groups might allow for some proxy method (e.g., a card/datafile says what the ganger has, with the model being a simple representation of the role). Ultimately, I don't think it's a huge issue. Well, not any bigger than it was before (except that the models have gotten more expensive). It's a pain, true, but it's a trade off to satisfy the whole concept of WYSIWYG and reducing bookkeeping and remembering.

I'll reserve judgment on the experience/campaign rules until I see them and have a chance to intellectualize and then practice. I agree that the underdog method was an elegant solution to mitigating the problem of early leaders (and the lack of such a rule has negatively affected SWA). Perhaps GW will implement an annual methodology for Necromunda (and other games) just as it is doing with WH40K via the Chapter Approved series.

gallery_26_548_2975.gif
gallery_26_548_5714.png
gallery_26_548_11725.gif

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts

They are supposed to release their "legacy gangs" on the necromunda website at launch.

So rules for the old models.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,339 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raptors & Ad-Mech

We have a whole forum just for Other Games, of which Necromunda is included. In fact, there is already a general purpose Necromunda discussion going on in there.

Let's leave this topic to discussion about the news and rumors about the impending Necromunda release. All other Necromunda banter should go into the Other Games forum (or the Forge, for those of you that want to discuss the modeling/painting aspects).

I just Made a Communal Work In Progress thread in the forge for anyone that wants to start showing off their work when they pick up their gangs, it might be good for having inspiration and idea's all in one WiP thread sweat.gif

Mithril

• Calyptra likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.png

Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

++ ÆDIFICATOR BARBATOS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,953 posts
I'm not sure if it has been brought up before, and I'm not going to wade through this discussion or its predecessor to find out, but it would be nice if GW pushed out preliminary rules for the other houses in a manner similar to the Index books that came out for legacy armies when WH40K 8th Edition was released. This would allow players with appropriate minis to utilize their other gangers until the new rules are released. Lots of people had their favorites that weren't Goliath or Escher (I was an Enforcers fan because I'm an uptight boy scout, in my wife's words), so being able to play(test) other gangs would be nice. I'm sure the diehard Necromunda fans are already planning such an effort (and if they're not, would there be any interest in working on such a product here at the B&C?).

Available info's all on Post #1 of this thread. ;)

Whilst there will be some downloadable rules for the other House Gangs, I don't know if the other gangs (Outlanders, Enforcers, Ash Waste Nomads) will be included. Personally, I doubt it, but they may crop up in WD articles prior to future supplements dealing with them "officially".

Also, the downloadable rules will also apparently be limited to the equipment the legacy models are actually holding. ...Poor Cawdor, left with awkard weapons in relation to their skills yet again. confused.gif 

• Space Truckin likes this
My Dark Angels 5th Company Painting Log (NB: images are now all fixed!)

Vesper

Vesper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,500 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Legion

Ash wastes nomads please !

On a somewhat related note, could someone provide a size comparision pic with say a cadian instead of a BoC marine I've never seen IRL ? That'd be pretty super nice.

Edited by Vesper, 21 November 2017 - 01:24 PM.

vesper.png Lord Silas, Knight of Thorns, Lord of the Lions of the Despoiler.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromunda

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users