Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GW sponsoring UK Games Expo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Frater Cornelius

Frater Cornelius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,202 posts
GW seems to have taken the idea of exposure to the next level, sponsoring the major game expo in the UK. Well at least according to their article:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-3/

Have they done something like this before or are we threading new ground?

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,834 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
They got new games to show. But it's June next year so, eh.

Grand Master Laertes

Grand Master Laertes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 464 posts
  • Chapter Name: Betrayers of Pain

Well at least according to their article:

Yep, the UKGE site basically says the same thing: Games Workshop is the first of their major sponsors http://www.ukgamesex...news.php?id=324

• Frater Cornelius likes this

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 500 posts

I for one am happy to see a turn around in GW's marking policy... perhaps we will see a shift in their pricing strategy as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for high quality kit, but when the difference between me getting a FW army or a GW army is what amounts to $30 Canadain, once exchange rates are factored in, there is something wrong....

• Frater Cornelius likes this
To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,894 posts
  • Chapter Name: Children of The Violet Heart

Which army, might I ask?

For me, in Ontario's armpit, the difference between a 2k Cadian force and a 2k DKoK force would easily pay for a week at Oak Bay Beach Hotel.

START WEARING PURPLE

Steel Company

Steel Company

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 500 posts

Which army, might I ask?

For me, in Ontario's armpit, the difference between a 2k Cadian force and a 2k DKoK force would easily pay for a week at Oak Bay Beach Hotel.

West Coast of Canada here...

Air-Cav Guard, this was about 5 years or so ago.... Still worth paying the extra for FW Elysian over bog standard Cadian. People hated that force in late 5th early 6th... it either won big or lost big, not a lot of middle ground with it....

On a side note, the Oak Bay Beach Hotel is really over-rated.... it was much better when the Victoria Aquarium was there too.

To all you Space Wolf Players... Its called a Razor and the Soap isn't a Daemon.
--Dremen

The Iron Hands, they are the real emo marines. Seriously. The Dark Angels aren't the ones who sit around cutting off bits of themselves, wearing black, and complaining about weakness and ennui...

--Octavulg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users