This is all great Kierdale. Very unique army. I'm also getting a strong whiff of 'hellraiser'. The spawn are very disturbing, well done. 'The thing' is great inspiration for them. I also like the way they seem to be constantly tormenting Eldar.

Thanks, Kraken,

For each of my armies I chose a foe that they’re modelled as if fighting against, for basing and trophies...and Armies on Parade.

To see the Psychopomps raising the Biel-Tan maiden world of Eibhir, click HERE. :)

I hope to enter my Mentors (versus Genestealer Cult) this year or next depending on how much I get done by October.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kierdale, I was pointed here by Krakendoomcool. I'm working on some possessed myself and while talking to him about some potential conversions borrowed directly from The Thing, he told me about this thread.  Truely inspirational stuff here.  Its easy to see how heavily converted these guys are and I'm really appreciating the effort you've gone to into the design and execution of the models.  I haven't really made any possessed yet which are particularly gribbly and squicky, but if I intend on some decent homages to The Thing, I'm going to get there.  I really like your spawn and I was already thinking Hellraiser before Krakendoomcool said it, they have a very specific kind disturbing body horror aesthetic that is very apt for the feel of your Psychopomps. I think what I'm going for is still body horror but not necessarily the tortured soul kind... maybe... we'll see. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that your efforts and sharing them are very much appreciated! Do you ever intend on adding to your menagerie?

Azwaz, thank you very much. I’m flattered!

I do plan to make more Spawn in the future - I have a few grotesque images locked away in my mind to be unleashed when I have the time :D I’ve already started on a giant spawn, and there will be aspects of the spawn in my hell drake and dreadclaw possessed drop pod which are WIP: chains coming out of orifices, pulled taut, tearing the skin, needles and spikes driven into the flesh, etc. The teeth in the mouth at the bottom of the pod are actually made from a mould of my own mouth...

Ha ha ha, incorperating moulds of your own teeth into the design is a clever idea. I found a molar and wisdom tooth id had taken out a whioe back and forgotten about, but i couldnt thibk of a way to incor them. The lookd cool with the roots still attatched though. Ill keeo an eye out fr these other projects. Maximum effort.

Archived