Mordian Tank Commander Model

TheShredder

On page 29 of the Codex, there's a sidebar showing 3 different Tank Commanders (these are illustrations, not models).

Anyway, the middle one shows a really awsome-looking Mordian Tank Commander complete with bionic eye and snazzy uniform.

I was just wondering if this is based on any actual model? Or if there's a model that even resembles it?

Any idea?

I actually had that model. Even stuck a pistol in the pointy hand and rested it on the hatch to make it look like he was chill’n. In an act of stupidity he may have ended up in a junk box or even tossed out while moving. It still bugs the heck out of me.

That’s a cool model, I actually don’t remember that one haha.

I think you could kit bash that no problem. A cadian command sprue has a bare bloused tunic with medals. You can also use the officer or tank commander head with a peaked cap. As stated before the HWT sprue has binoculars and a dedicated arm to hold it, and you can probably use the ear covering hand to mimic the hand resting on the tank in the picture. If you wanted him pointing there’s plenty arms for that.

At this point you’d just need a bionic eye or face and some epaulettes.