'competitive' gribblies of Kraken

ChaoSam

Brought one of my stronger list to a 2,000 point game yesterday. Played against two detachments of guard, Valhallan tanks and Catachan footies.

Played the new mission from chapter approved where reinforcements are staggered via previous editions. i.e. had to roll to see when they arrived. Really put me in a tough predicament because only half of my Deep strikes came in on turn 1, and not in the order I had hoped for.

In hindsight I should have deployed differently, but Being stuck with Search and destroy against 5 tanks with 48-60+" range that doesn't need LoS and then Execitioners that dont care about "gets hot rolls," it was a tough match.

Had the game ended turn 5 I would've won, we went to game turn 7 and my opponent drew the tie.

MVPs of the game were the hive tyrants, being able to lock up a parking lot and do residual damage, keeping the opponent from shooting them with demolishers, pask, or executioners in his turn, jumping out of combat to shoot and smite, followed by remulti assaulting was a key to keeping my objective holders alive.

Manticores and Hyrdas allowed to re-roll their shot results was nasty. As was pask shooting 20 shots a turn.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten