WIP-Blog: Dirun-Lie

Marshal Wolfhart

So here I go with my homebrew craftworld. I finally got around to take some pics and move them to imgur, after what i call the photobucket incident all older pics are gone ;)

Group shots:

QUhmJvk.jpg

pkZq42f.jpg

3ens8uK.jpg

Entries from the Xenos Files 2017:

Warlock #1:

tdnjJrU.jpg?1

Dark Reapers:

atpMp5c.jpg

I'll add some fanfic/fluff parts as i go and get around to it, as well as try and update with pictures whenever i get some hobby done ;)

Looking forward to all your c&c!

• 3 months later...

As my bikes are nearing completion so i can finally add some new pics, next month i'll go for another addition to my force. What i'm looking for is kond of "build me a list" as i'm currently running in a league and there's some fierce competition.

So far i've mostly run a 20 man guardian bomb with Dire Avengers in a Serpent for backup and heavies for fire support, while my shining spears get at priority targets.

This is what i own:

(Mostly) Done:

10 Dire Avengers

20 Guardians + 2 platforms (weapons magnetized)

2 Farseers

3 Warlocks

3 Shning Spears (incl. Exarch)

3 Jetbikes (magnetized)

3 Vaul's Wrath batteries

2 War Walkers (magnetized)

1 Wraithlord (sword, flamers and shurikencannons)

5 Dark Reapers (Exarch with tempest)

1 Serpent (Brightlances)

On the workbench:

1 Autarch

10 Dire Avengers

1 Serpent

5 Swoopinbg Hawks

I'm undecided whether i should get:

a: Start collecting box: The Farseer is redundant, wraithlord and war walkers are more "nice to have" as what i want is the wraith guard. Still nice things for the price

b: Wraithguard

c: Hemlock

On the shorter term i won't be able to get them all sadly.

I tend towards the wraithguard to get more out of my serpents and add a resilient infantry unit, yet the hemlock seems nice for the leadership debuff shenanigans and more psychic phase fun... Opinions?

...any ideas on how to convert a farseer to say a spiritseer without buying extra bits?

If your army list isn't going to include any farseers or warlocks, you could simply say that the farseer/warlock model is a spiritseer.

Back in 3rd edition, the "spiritseer" model shown in the codex (both the main Eldar codex as well as the codex for the Craftworlds) was simply a warlock model with a mane of hair added using greenstuff.

If you're using the Eldrad Ulthran or basic farseer models, you could simply cut off or trim down the vane at the back of the helmet.

Looking at the current spiritseer model, the distinguishing feature is the featureless mask, including lack of eyes. If you really feel a need to convert a spiritseer distinct from a farseer/warlock, you could use some greenstuff to fill in and smooth out the eyes on the base model.

...any ideas on how to convert a farseer to say a spiritseer without buying extra bits?

If your army list isn't going to include any farseers or warlocks, you could simply say that the farseer/warlock model is a spiritseer.

Back in 3rd edition, the "spiritseer" model shown in the codex (both the main Eldar codex as well as the codex for the Craftworlds) was simply a warlock model with a mane of hair added using greenstuff.

If you're using the Eldrad Ulthran or basic farseer models, you could simply cut off or trim down the vane at the back of the helmet.

Looking at the current spiritseer model, the distinguishing feature is the featureless mask, including lack of eyes. If you really feel a need to convert a spiritseer distinct from a farseer/warlock, you could use some greenstuff to fill in and smooth out the eyes on the base model.

I guess i'll try the latter once i got my hands on some green stuff, i think the rear "fin" i can get from the wraithlord kit :cool.: thanks for the input!

Liking the green on the Reapers.

Thanks! The "standard" purple didn't sit right with me :P