Dark Angels Secret Santa - we love secrets!

Chmur

No. He deserves a squat. Or Primaris downsized to squat :biggrin.:

I love your ideas. I'll downscale a Primaris for you Greenz!

*inconspicuously changes the already randomized assignments*

*chuckles evily*

Okay. Most of you should already have their messages and can start investigating/planning/preparing. I would like to put here few reminders and some hints/guidelines.

Do not make Sergeants. Everyone participating has expressed their ability/wish to go beyond sergeant into the realm of standalone characters. I would be very dissappointed if someone will just close it off with 3 colour sergeant done in a week.

On the same note - the skill of participants is clearly variable. Nobody expects Golden Demon mini out of this - don't worry, your skill is good enough! It¨s the thought and gift that matters here. However, there is now a month time before you need to ship, so I am asking you to really take care painting the model, play with it, make it perfect to your standard.

Everyone has been provided with forum thread/link to pictures of their recipient, their forum name etc. Again, this is supposed to be Secret Santa and big part of the fun is the Scavenger hunt now - go check their thread, see their posts - maybe you will learn more about THE addition to their army, giving your gift another dimension and wow effect.

And related to that - feel free to sign the note you send with the mini. At the least I expect a Merry Christmas card :) This is your opportunity to reveal your identity if you want to, or not. Up to you. If you want to get creative with the fluff and story behind the miniature as well, go ahead!

Good luck and have fun all!

Do not make Sergeants. Everyone participating has expressed their ability/wish to go beyond sergeant into the realm of standalone characters. I would be very dissappointed if someone will just close it off with 3 colour sergeant done in a week.

To whoever is my santa: I actually like a nice sergeant, they usually recieve more love and playtime than HQ's.

Bitz box has been scrounged, assembly and GS has commenced. This is going to be so much fun!

Will you post pics or will you keep it secret? I love your work man, I want to see!

Haha thanks GRC, you know how to make a guy feel loved ;)

I’m down with posting WIP if there’s a general consensus that it’s ok. If people are opposed to it, I wouldn’t want to ruin anyone’s fun

Please do not post WIPs.

Not even my kick-ass true-scale gunslinger for Greenz? You can't stop me!

gallery_92826_13417_29907.jpg

I fear postage wont be cheap.

I will chip in :D Should've glued a bolter there, for counts-as Cypher.

Please do not post WIPs.

Not even my kick-ass true-scale gunslinger for Greenz? You can't stop me!

gallery_92826_13417_29907.jpg

I fear postage wont be cheap.

Great start! Looks a little off though, you might need more shims in the legs :D

Everyone involved in this thread is the reason I spend so much time on this forum. This is a fantastic idea and you are all hero’s of the legion for joining in. I can’t wait to see the results.

The way my guy is going, I'm going to regret not keeping it for myself!

You can always keep him and start over, it will be our little secret.. Haha

Or clone him for yourself.

Secrets? No, this isn't the place for those. We're the most open and tranparent Chapter there is!   *Glances at Inquisitor* Keep it down man

It's a weird thing. I had LE models laying around for years, too afraid to work on them. Now that I have to make something for someone else, I start chopping them up.

I know I said no WIPs, but this basecoat turned out so great I had to share! I know it's not really conventional paint scheme, but lore-wise I checked and it ticks all the boxes:

Loyalty questioned? Check! Secretive? Check! Super effective in combat? Check!

I really hope this will make great addition to someone's army!

QCea7p4.jpg

Archived