Dark Angels Secret Santa - we love secrets!

Chmur

Heresy :tongue.:

No. Hypocrisy :biggrin.:

In all seriousness, that’s a great base coat

The perks of using an airbrush really. Metallic primer, metallic highlight and then just mix of clear paints by Tamiya, dilluted in few coats. It's however too grainy at the moment, still refinind the technique before I start my 1st HH army.

That's the FW way right?

I know for their ksons it's gold base followed by an airbrushed red tint

No idea if it's FW way to be honest, saw this method somewhere on reddit and asked how it's done. As far as I know there are 2 methods - one is spraying wash and the other one is using Tamiya Clear paints (I am going Tamiya). Then there was discussion about Tamiya whether to go 1 colour and 2nd colour highlight, or making a mix (I am making a mix).

There are as well enamel candy paints in the market (red candies are especially lovely on TS or WB), unfortunately no teal with enough blue tint to my liking. Basically even my result is still way too green, I want them to have more blueish tint - so need to experiement whether I will change the initial mix, or do my extra highlight over this with just blue. Well, anyways, my AL for Horus Heresy is start-up project for 2018 so time will tell. Still plenty of things to paint for Consecrators and I do not mean to abbandon that army any time soon.

Quite frankly, if I had classic DA scheme in 40K (or at least some "non-black" successor) I would continue with DA even into Heresy. But since my Consecrators are black, I really cannot bring myself into building another black army - or well, I could, but I do want some variance to my hobby.

You guys are awfully quick, with end of the month at work and end of the year closing on us, I hadn't even had time to bust out the bitzboxes to think about what sort of character can I do best.

So awesome work all! Keep it up!

mine is still under construction, the 2 next step are some few sculpting, and get a 32mm base. (i don't have any currently)

If you'd have issues sourcing the base, let me know and I can ship you one, got plenty lying about from various projects and the 1€ for postage is something I can spare :)

What's the turn around time in shapeways?

Edit: nvm. found it. It'll take too long to get to me :(

I'm building in two sections so I don't have to wait for the parts to arrive to begin. Shapeways has delivery date set for 13 - 15, which is plenty of time.

Edit: nvm. found it. It'll take too long to get to me :(

I'm building in two sections so I don't have to wait for the parts to arrive to begin. Shapeways has delivery date set for 13 - 15, which is plenty of time.
I need to add 2-3 weeks to that date, because once it is "delivered" to the address, it has to go through a whole other internal mailing system, then through customs. It's the unfornate part of having to work for your country while in an other country. Mail takes too long.

Ill just have to find an alternative to the left shoulder pad. Maybe one of those with all the studs, or something with a Crux terminatus

Edit: nvm. found it. It'll take too long to get to me :sad.:

I need to add 2-3 weeks to that date, because once it is "delivered" to the address, it has to go through a whole other internal mailing system, then through customs. It's the unfornate part of having to work for your country while in an other country. Mail takes too long.

Ill just have to find an alternative to the left shoulder pad. Maybe one of those with all the studs, or something with a Crux terminatus

I was under the impression they have printing and distribution centre in New York and the shipping in US is 3 days according to their site. Or am I missing something?

In other news, I have busted out my bitz boxes yesterday and finally got an idea what the gift will be. For me it will be quite challenging project, so I hope I will manage to finish all in time and to my complete satisfaction.

You guys are awfully quick, with end of the month at work and end of the year closing on us, I hadn't even had time to bust out the bitzboxes to think about what sort of character can I do best.

So awesome work all! Keep it up!

A man has to be fast if he wants to get anything finished. Especially when you have to work on Necromunda and Seraphon alongside your main army. I should kidnap me an Elmo.

After 5 hours of sanding, cutting, dremeling, greenstuffing and puttying I did some gluing, too. Starting to get affraid I bit off more than I can chew, but if I manage to pull it off without compromises, I think it will be great.

After 5 hours of sanding, cutting, dremeling, greenstuffing and puttying I did some gluing, too. Starting to get affraid I bit off more than I can chew, but if I manage to pull it off without compromises, I think it will be great.

I’m very curious now...

I’m very curious now...

It takes some time to shorten those Primaris legs

I’m very curious now...

It takes some time to shorten those Primaris legs

Between you and Chmur, I’ll have developed quite the complex about my Angels by the time Xmas rolls around :D

Between you and Chmur, I’ll have developed quite the complex about my Angels by the time Xmas rolls around :biggrin.:

Well, I have now finished redoing all the MKIV marines I had into 15mm scale. Now I need to stack 3 of them on top of each other, GS a trenchcoat over them and I promise you you will not know the difference.

We'll show them Nurglings how it's done! Imperium way.

The Emperor squats protects!

Well, I am going to technically break my rule about no WIPs... I really hope that certain one of you likes Dr. Seuss...

Every Angel in The Rock Liked Christmas a lot...

But the Fallen named Faestus, this Fallen, Did NOT!

The Fallen hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!

Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.

It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.

It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.

But I think that the most likely reason of all,

May have been that his heart and love for Lion was two sizes too small.

Whatever the reason, His heart or his shoes,

He sneaked in The Rock through all locked doors,

Archived