Dark Angels Secret Santa - we love secrets!

Chmur

Mine showed up last night! We got home late from my in-laws, and my wife forgot to tell me she brought it in. I haven’t had a chance to take pics yet, but I can report the chaplain didn’t make the journey unscathed. His left arm and crozius came apart, though it’s nothing a couple drops of glue can’t remedy!

I’ll post up pics later today when I can get on the computer. I’m not 100% certain who my Santa was, but between the timing and the Shapeways box I’m assuming Twopounder? If so, thank you very much brother! I’m loving the skull helm and the crozius, that’s a sweet model!

Sneaky Chmur, setting up a complete event to get his hands on a box of master-crafted cookies. *Hunger intensifies*

@ Alvena, I hope you didn't mind the gloss varnish, the primer is fragile and I had no faith in how the mailservice handles packages around here. May he vanquish many foes from the tabletop.

@GreyRavenC, Yes thats perfect ! thank you very much  and no pb for the varnish, it's not too shiny. :) i think i will field him more often as a sergent

@Chmur: cookies man ! you are a lucky man

Mine showed up last night! We got home late from my in-laws, and my wife forgot to tell me she brought it in. I haven’t had a chance to take pics yet, but I can report the chaplain didn’t make the journey unscathed. His left arm and crozius came apart, though it’s nothing a couple drops of glue can’t remedy!

I’ll post up pics later today when I can get on the computer. I’m not 100% certain who my Santa was, but between the timing and the Shapeways box I’m assuming Twopounder? If so, thank you very much brother! I’m loving the skull helm and the crozius, that’s a sweet model!

It was indeed me. Rats on the broken bits. I packed it as well as I could for USPS. I should have sent it UPS, in retrospect, but at least it made it!

And you're quite welcome :)

Great stuff!

Apparently, Italy's postal services went kaput for this year's festivities.

The gift I'm waiting, and most importantly the one I sent, have both been still for a week.

I feel sorry and embarassed about this.

@Chmur: I'm glad you like it and even more happy that he is somewhat useful.:biggrin.:

We need a how-to for that Librarian, Lostrael. I was planning on ditching my Ahriman, but your model is so awesome, I just have to try for myself.

And my offer for models in exchange for cookies still stands :drool:

I only made one in-progress photo. My initial intend was it to mold Ahrimans bunny ears into a Consecrators flame... looked a bit strange.
While painting, it broke off. :unsure.: So I kept it that way. I don't like models that will not survive a ride in a foam box.

gallery_86236_11073_38743.jpg

Uhhh I want a how-to on how to make dark angels cookies!

not a secret, there are plenty recipes for cookies with jelly

That's mine

250g butter
150g sugar
500g flour
1 pack vanilla sugar
1/2 pack backing powder
2 eggs

Decoration
powder sugar + lemon juces
black currant jelly

I tried to make some cookie forms last year

gallery_86236_11073_52274.jpg

Great stuff!

Apparently, Italy's postal services went kaput for this year's festivities.
The gift I'm waiting, and most importantly the one I sent, have both been still for a week.
I feel sorry and embarassed about this.

I wouldn't worry to much. The postal services are always overworked during the holiday season. And it is getting more each year. It may take one or two weeks more.

Still... I run to the window when I hear the post car coming:sweat:

Finally Imgur is working for me again, so here's Brother-Epistolary Lostrael in action, reaffirming the Primaris Marines in the purity of their purpose and preparing some mighty smiting.

QZTaxFO.jpg

I was woken up by the postman this morning (who actually waited for me to answer, SHOCKER!) and saw the box in their hand which I knew could only be one thing (it was quite big so I thought it may have been something else.)

It came with a nice grinchy poem and snacks, I feel awkward now for not sending out sweet sugary treats....

24519852237_817393f0cf_z.jpg

25515468628_08f150bb23_z.jpg

24519849387_fc11671e96_z.jpg

Yes.... I did eat one already, Thanks!

Now the mini pics which illustrate the 3 Characters from the poem.

24519849577_ec2c3ea6d1_z.jpg

24519850107_c3c37b0251_z.jpg

39385389141_6cd5db5aa5_z.jpg

And even more... some lucky Consecrator dice =)

25515467728_56baecbf1a_n.jpg

Thanks Chmur!

Ohhhh Greenzzzzz.... I'm waiting for you to post the pic so I can do the making of... :whistling:

Sorry about making you wait, I’m having technical difficulties on my end with my laptop. I’m hoping the issue gets rectified shortly.

And what a score DR!!! Chmur, you and Lostrael really set the standards for nex years event! I’ll

have to get my wife baking early hahahaha

And what a score DR!!! Chmur, you and Lostrael really set the standards for nex years event! I’ll

have to get my wife baking early hahahaha

I was thinking the same! At the rate I'm going, if I start now, I might be able to finish something creative and awesome by December... maybe... I should really stop slacking...

I predict in three years, someone will receive a life size space marine cookie, modeled after the mini. You heard it here first.

I’m thinking jelly filled Bolter shells next year

With hellfire rounds (vodka)?

Hmmmm I’m more of a whiskey man myself. Maybe I’ll start with the rare, yet volatile, Manhattan pattern rounds before testing out the Hellfires

On a side note, the computer issue has been resolved. Pics are currently transferring from my phone

I’m thinking jelly filled Bolter shells next year

With hellfire rounds (vodka)?

Hmmmm I’m more of a whiskey man myself. Maybe I’ll start with the rare, yet volatile, Manhattan pattern rounds before testing out the Hellfires

On a side note, the computer issue has been resolved. Pics are currently transferring from my phone

We should tag them all now...

Hellfire - Vodka

Dragonfire - Fireball

Vengeance - Tequila

Kraken - Rum

Regular - Amaretto

Archived